12345>>>

iClone 5.5 is HERE!!Expand / Collapse
Author

Tutor

TutorTutorTutorTutorTutorTutorTutorTutor

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 6:16:00 AM
Dear all,

With iClone Version 5.5, your character animation pipeline is finally complete! The New MotionPlus format allows you to easily save all of your facial, body, accessory, spring and constraint data all into a single MotionPlus file so that it can be reused and reapplied to other characters. In addition, you're now able to customize your own landscapes with the height map terrain, directly in iClone!

Click on Me to Know All the Cool New Features

Please leave your feedbacks about this update under this thread.

Bruce (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
http://forum.reallusion.com

Post #160260
Posted 8/8/2013 8:53:54 AM

Veteran

VeteranVeteranVeteranVeteranVeteranVeteranVeteranVeteran

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 2/24/2014 4:39:35 PM
It's about time RL Team. My hats go off to you guys for creating the ultimate 3D Animation Pipeline still a little ways to go i.e. Faceshift, but all in all you guys are positioned to be taken seriously as a PRO 3D Suite for content/media creators such as myself who don't have access to million dollar facilities &/or manpower to create such consumables for distribution and you are truly worthy of my buying dollars. I will be ordering Pipeline within the next 48 Hrs. Great job and keep listening to your devoted user base who knows their stuff.......... next order of business Augmented Reality, we'll be in touch.

Moderator - See Attachment for Image. 

SERIOUS SPECS FOR PROS ONLY!!!!!

Sifr Allah

Post Attachments 
Specs.jpg (122 views, 973.18 KB)
Specs.jpg (49 views, 547.05 KB)
Post #160312
Posted 8/8/2013 10:11:49 AM

Tutor

Last Login: Today @ 12:26:13 AM
Congrats Guys and Thank You!!

"Creativity is just connecting things." Steve Jobs

Post #160325
Posted 8/8/2013 10:30:59 AM

Tutor

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:27:03 PM
Sifr (8/8/2013)
It's about time RL Team. My hats go off to you guys for creating the ultimate 3D Animation Pipeline ...  SERIOUS SPECS FOR PROS ONLY!!!!!

You might want to re-think posting your computer name and Windows KEY on a public forum.

Also, it's a huge picture that requires horizontal scrolling.  Please edit your post and take out the picture (and maybe replace it with a smaller one that hides any personal info).

CORRECTION:  It's your "Product ID" not the activation key for windows, but still, please replace the huge image with a smaller, cropped version of the picture that shows off the awe-inspiring rating for your Alienware computer.  Thanks.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

iClone5 Pro and 3DXchange Pro

Homebuilt computer - Windows 7, i7-3770k CPU (8 threads, not overclocked), 16GB 1600 MHz RAM, 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard, dual 28" monitors, and terabytes of disk space

Post #160328
Posted 8/8/2013 10:42:14 AM

Tutor

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:27:03 PM
Looking forward to downloading the doing the upgrade tonight.  

Thanks, Reallusion team!  

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

iClone5 Pro and 3DXchange Pro

Homebuilt computer - Windows 7, i7-3770k CPU (8 threads, not overclocked), 16GB 1600 MHz RAM, 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard, dual 28" monitors, and terabytes of disk space

Post #160334
Posted 8/8/2013 10:46:15 AM

Film and Music Producer

Film and Music ProducerFilm and Music ProducerFilm and Music ProducerFilm and Music ProducerFilm and Music ProducerFilm and Music ProducerFilm and Music ProducerFilm and Music Producer

Last Login: Today @ 2:13:41 AM
WOW!!!

Thanks Reallusion, another amazing upgrade

Shapes -(Watch it now)

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

Post #160335
Posted 8/8/2013 10:54:28 AM

Tutor

Last Login: Today @ 3:30:45 AM
A big Thank you to the whole RL Team.

Gerry

Post #160336
Posted 8/8/2013 12:14:04 PM

Tutor

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:56:21 PM
The last 2 Updates at least, have included a number of Upgrade Features that are usually only included in Purchased Upgrade Versions in NLE Programs. So - Many thanks for those, Reallusion Product Development Team. A job very well-done

So far - All iC5.4 Projects have converted ok to iC5.5 Project Format.

And..... iC5 64Bit Program & Projects seem to load appreciably faster than before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECT 8 "KIDNAPPED" LAUNCHED

ENDS MID-MAY

FORUM THREAD: http://forum.reallusion.com/Topic174029-13-1.aspx

PROJECT PAGE: http://www.pinheadhq.com/Kidnapped_pro8jinfo.php

JOIN PROJECT PAGE: http://www.pinheadhq.com/joinus.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit www.pinheadhq.com , to read about Pinhead's exploits & view his Clips. Join-in the Projects &/or Submit a "Fun" Clip, having fun yourself.

System Specs:

Quad Core i7 960 3.20 GHz HT CPU (8Threads) on Asus P6X58D-E MOBO. 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel 1600MHz RAM, AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB Video Card, 2 X Western Digital Caviar Black 7,200rpm 6GBs 500GB internal HDDs & 1 X 500Gb Seagate FreeAgent externalHDD for system Backups

Post #160348
Posted 8/8/2013 1:02:43 PM

Tutor

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:34:29 PM
"Its a long post, but I use short words."

REALLUSION: STUNNING & Impressive. For whatever reason the functionality of 1 to 99,999 re: fog depth came back with the upgrade.  
Thankyou for this. Both the 32 and 64 were missing this but I did recall its temporary presence earlier in another update. 

1. SAVING AND RE-USING CHARACTER ANAIMTION: is a superb feature. Something that saves countless hours of work
and I like this greatly. Not because I have multiple characters on stage that need mimicry but because I change my characters a lot.

2. BAKE CONTRAINT KEYS: I didn't expect to see this; I don't remember it's request but now that its here it's actually very convenient
in use. One application I have immediately is the response of Chinese lowers to superior society in passing. It inserts very quickly.

But the icing on the cake for me is.... (Aside from my Mist and Distance haze controll   )
3. Modify Existing Material to Change the Landscape
& equally most best of all
4. Create Custom Terrain from the Height Map.
Oh boy, yes.
Retexturing the landmasses is beautiful and, with b2m, limitless.
The ability to reshape the ground, tho', is something we've waited a long time for.
I hadn't expected to have to manipulate a graphic to manipulate altitudal-difference but, now that its here, its actually very easy
AND has the benefits of being able to alter and re-scale chunks of the terrain by increasing or decreasing its selected-scale
comparatively to the rest of the map.

Height Scale, Height offset and Smoothing are excellent additions. Its finally totally changed the way the set is controlled. Ground shaping
makes or breaks the take. I think this is the most valuable element addition to me.  

And Finally,
5. H.264 Video Export.
I ran a few tests on this and the results are little less than stunning.
The saving I can enjoy is about 300%++ efficiency in space usage.
I created a 30fps 15 second take at a res of HD 1280x720.
The AVI crawled through at about  8fps on render.
The H.264 format charged off at about 42fps.

Stunningly, the output of the avi as usual is bad edged no anti-alias and the video studio I use has to chew that up which stalls iTS' output incredibly.
However, the quality and silky-fine edge of diagonals and transitioning diagonals / body skin edges using the H.264 is absolute. Perfect. I had to
keep double checking to make sure iClone hadn't slipped into a higher res. But it hadnt.

OK, so now we have two files. 
One Bad quality AVI of 1,389 Gigs.
And one H.264, same format, same FPS, of 62.1 Megs.
Disbelieving this, I created another test. One of my biggest sets. Over 800 props/trees and 19 avatars.

5 second take. 30fps. HD 720p (1280x720.) 879 Props/Plants 11 Avatars / 4 Particles / 3 mapped video props.
AVI Rendered at 1 FPS = 357 Megs.
H.264 Rendered at 2.6 FPS = 9.9 Megs.
How?
That's a 360% efficiency rating using H.264.
I didn't know this. Even forgetting the file size , the quality comparatively to AVI is breathtaking visually.
I love it. I WISH I knewe this before I started on the CDCG.
The speed H.264 runs at resolutions of 1980 x 1080 is like lightening. No system demand or audio lag.

So.... my summary is, not all of this upgrade is utilised by me as a priority in my work style, BUT the majority of what changes
my quality output is mindblowing. I'm very impressed with this update. It saves me great chunks of time and adds huge layers
of quality and streamlining to both
1. the way I work and
2. my output.

So... Many gratitiudes for my lifes new efficiency levels in animation and many many thanks for the massive ingenuity of this update
and particularly for the streamlining of the complex working environment we now have. 

Now........  I need some dinner.
Armstrong.

EDIT:::: Also I can now open all my massive Gardens in the iClone 64bit version.

Post #160353
Posted 8/8/2013 1:36:31 PM

Tutor

Last Login: 4/18/2014 2:24:44 PM
Cool ! Cool ! Cool !
Many thanks to the Reallusion Team !

Come and visit our stores by clicking on the banners below.

Post #160358
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12345>>>

Reading This TopicExpand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Visconti, Peter (RL), Bruce (RL)

PermissionsExpand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:15am