How do I get rid of this thing!?

Posted By Ibis Fernandez 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
So I took the plunge and went live with my first commercial character. I actually went back to the drawing board several times and redid the character included in my pack. But The market place still things its derived from a previous base... is there any way to just reset this and tell the market place that my current items are in fact the base items?

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JCT435e9b0257c5f23d8

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Attachments
huh.PNG (236 views, 14.00 KB)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Ibis,

When you upload content to the Marketplace, DRM protection is automatically added.

It appears that you edited the model with the DRM already applied to create the new character. This is why your new character now shows it is a derivative version of the first one.

What you need to do is make all changes to your source model (without the DRM) and then upload as a new character.

I hope this makes sense. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

How do I do that? I pretty much redid everything from scratch using the original fla files. Even uploaded completely new versions since the uploaders replace functionality doesn't work either. Sad

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Do you mean the character shown in your first post was created from the original (non-DRM) source files, or that you have now created a new character from the source files? If the latter what is the problem you having uploading the character?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I had gone back to the original swf files and recreated the character from scratch. But it was still doing that me that. It's not doing it it anymore.

Also the content uploader has magically started allowing me to upload and replace previously uploaded content. Have no idea what was happening.

Still have to recreate some of the clothing items but looks like its working fine now. (aside from the fact that I have to recreate everything again hahaha)

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ibis Fernandez (11/28/2014)
How do I do that? I pretty much redid everything from scratch using the original fla files. Even uploaded completely new versions since the uploaders replace functionality doesn't work either. Sad

If a new character shows that it is derivative content, it must contain some content from a previously uploaded character. If you upload a 100% totally new character (free of any DRM) then it will not show as a derivative content.

I can only guess that some part of your new character contains elements of the original uploaded character. The only advice I can give is to double check that every single part of your new character is from your original source work and not from the previously uploaded character.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I've redone every item at least 4 times from an original source, direct (from flash files). If you click on each piece individually none of them are flagged as derivative, but somehow the pack itself still claims it is.

I really wish i could just delete my store and start from scratch.

Reading This Topic