Profile Picture

UI Confusion

Posted By rbagdazian 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rbagdazian
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi I'm a new user to iClone, and am having trouble with something that seems like it should be a no brainer. I was working on a project and added a point light to the scene. I then decided I didn't want the point line in the scene, but selecting the point light and hitting the delete key like I do when removing props does nothing. How does one remove a point light from the scene?

Thanks in advance
Richard
Shaky
Shaky
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
You can't delete lights in iClone. You have 4 lights and 4 point lights. You can turn them on or off, but you cannot delete them. Just uncheck the render state, and the light will disappear.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Actually, you cannot. There are 8 lights in iClone 5 that you can turn on and off, but they are actually always present.

In the scene manager (lower left-hand panel), you uncheck the "on" box. There is also a "visible" box you can toggle if you want to actually see the light.

The lighting is re-worked for iClone 6, but will work in pretty much the same way.
rbagdazian
rbagdazian
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)Junior Member (174 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I was familiar with another 3D platform that lets one add and remove light sources as desired and working with that mental model. Thanks again!

Reading This Topic