The Best Rig style for iclone ?

Posted By planetstardragon 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
i predict that the future of 3D is going to turn from using industry standard tools ....to having a secret collection of tools, considering so many new ones are popping up. It's the nature of something going mainstream - everyone wants a part of it. New developers start making new softwares by the dozen, and film houses like to stay cutting edge.

"hey, what did you use to get your character to look like that ?! wow" - "Wouldn't you like to know! " lol

the safest point in a market like that , is being able to interface with everyone.

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
So is anyone Gona give a tut on a quick effective method of rigging ?

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
bluemidget666 (7/17/2014)
So is anyone Gona give a tut on a quick effective method of rigging ?

Hear! Hear! Tute please!!!!TongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Errm .... That's cool and all but .... Well ... Errm something a bit deeper was on my mind BigGrin

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah but that was two years ago Tongue

I didn't have enough understanding of anything back then .

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

swoop is correct in the context he is explaining it.

I don't regret my purchases, because I'm honestly having fun with all the different approaches...my goal is to make fun eye candy videos, but that's not exclusive to 3D

Making models n such, is a nice option because aside from opening doors for other gigs, it allows me to give unique touches to my videos.

but if I were trying to focus on making assets for others - it would change the game.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@swoop, from my view - it's great though - you need so much stuff to make entertaining videos - that the different flavors a variety of software offer is a plus.

carrara has one look, daz has another, poser another, max another ...

many times I can look at a render and identify where it came from. Once it get's to pure realism, then it's all about coloring and personal preference. Even then I'm sure people debate about it.

Simply different headsets and goals. One mans poison is another mans meal. Diversity is important to me for the sake of keeping things fresh and new.

Edited
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

learning them ? lol

I'm a bug magnet, and these things are swarms of locusts - but i love their style

I search for the few things that make them special and toss the rest out heh!!

I just want "that look" ...or a quick way to get it Tongue

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ya, dogwaffle - try it - it doesn't do many things but the few things it does are Wow

no where near what photoshop does ....but the few things it does do I like a lot - especially the color palette ....it can do those few things in 1 click ...where as photoshop can do anything but will take tons of tutorials to get what dogwaffle does in 1 click.

I don't want to learn to do everything, I just want a dragon to look like it's flying through new york, I'd throw a toilet paper out the window with cardboard wings if it had "That look" lol

way beyond 3D - i'll record someone getting slapped if it had "That sound" - forget about learning everything there is to learn about synthesis!

will I get a job in hollywood throwing toilet paper out the window ? I doubt it ....but if it had "that look" on screen, I might be able to sell a story. That's when we call you, "Swoop this is a big story, but we have a problem, the dragon is toilet paper, toilet paper terrorizing nyc isn't exactly what the investors are looking for"

vs how i made it look on film with ez buttons -

Edited
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hay swoop

I use
Zbrush
Substance designer and painter
Silo

Yes I have a few more that I bought that I dnt use right now, but it's amazing how often software uv given up on suddenly becomes useful.

Adding up all software I'd say iv spent £1300 over 7-8 years

That's still £2000 less than Max.

Now even if I became rich overnight and could afford max I would not buy it because I have my pipeline and I like it.

Drop the price about £1500 and give me auto rigging tools like mixamo and I might change my mind.Tongue

It's a zen thing.

Reading This Topic