Key frame "Stretch" (and compress) feature in Timeline

Posted By justaviking 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
If there is an existing solution to this, please let me know.

Often when key framing something, the end result has the right motion but the speed is off.  For some reason, usually a motion is unnaturally slow (both in my videos and many other people's clips I've seen).

Example:  You want your avatar to reach up and scratch his head.  But it takes 5 seconds instead of 2.

THE REQUEST:

I would like to drag across a bunch of key frames in the timeline editor, and drag either the first or last one to "stretch" the key frames to span more time, or "compress" the key frames to span less time.

That would make it easy to make an overall action move faster or slower, without having to adjust each key frame indiviually.

Currently "Drag" simply moves all the selected key frames, and "Ctrl-Drag" makes a copy of them.

Perhaps something like "Alt-Drag" to trigger the "stretch" behavior.

ADDED LATER...

You can stretch (or compress) voice recordings and the associated visemes.  That's a good example of what I'm looking for, but also let you do it for a groups of selected keframes for Transforation and Motion.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking

Reading This Topic