Frames per second(FPS) can't be set?

Posted By television_99 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
television_99
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Unless I'm missing something, there is no way to set FPS in CrazyTalk8?

Under time settings it says "Animation length (60 frames of one second)"  which is just information, I can't change that, Does that mean that there are automatically 60 frames per second in Crazytalk8 and that frame rate cannot be changed.? I've used 3D and editing programs for quite some time but "60 frames of one second" does not seem to mean the same as "60 frames per second".

So, does CT8 only use 60 FPS and therefore I would  have to set the "Total of" to 3600 Frames to have 1 minute?

What makes this more confusing is that when I press play to play through the audio in the timeline after setting the frames to 1800, the entire minute audio plays, if I scrub through the audio it only plays 30 seconds.

This is confusing. First things first, can I set frame rate to 30 in CT8?
Kevin.S
This post has been flagged as an answer
Kevin.S
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
When your project is ready, go to the top menu select, file 'export' and all the rendering setting will pop up BigGrin

The default setting is 30fps..

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Edited
7 Years Ago by Kevin.S
television_99
television_99
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Thanks, Kevin.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 38 minutes ago
Render frame rate is fixed @ 30fps for WMV and MP4 but if you choose AVI you can set any frame rate up to 30fps. This is ideal if you are a PAL user and want 25fps.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
7 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
television_99
television_99
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

When I press Ctrl-F on a project that I'm practicing with I see "FPS 40.35".

Where does the 40.35 come from?

What good is it to know this if I can only set FPS during export and I never chose 40.35 in the first place and the FPS is fixed at 30?

EDIT...Ok, FPS is physics related in this case.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9eea9f79-a75e-4c67-aa29-d02d.jpg
Edited
7 Years Ago by television_99
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 38 minutes ago
television_99 (3/4/2017)
When I press Ctrl-F on a project that I'm practicing with I see "FPS 40.35".

Where does the 40.35 come from?

What good is it to know this if I can only set FPS during export and I never chose 40.35 in the first place and the FPS is fixed at 30?

EDIT...Ok, FPS is physics related in this case.

The 40.35 fps you see displayed when you press CTRL+F is the frame rate you are getting when playing back your project in CT8. This will be based on the speed of your computer. This has nothing to do with your export frame rate.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic