Profile Picture

More observations after creating several pipeline characters.

Posted By WarLord 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

More observations after creating several pipeline characters.

Author
WarLord
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
With version 1.5 and earlier the application lacked the stability to be able to use it on a tight schedule. Plus it seemed there was alway some compromising when bringing in work from zBrush and in some cases having to scrap the character and pipeline altogether. I'm sure some of this was my own shortcomings but it was reality for me just the same. When you have such limited time you must pick a pipeline you know is mature enough to actually complete the job. It had gotten to the point of using the iClone/CC pipeline only when there was plenty of time in case I hit a roadblock. 

After having completed several characters including one that took all the cloth slots, those reservations are fading. Now I can get whatever I make in zBrush into iClone via CC with no compromises and no frustration. It's all been straight forward with no glitches. I haven't made any intense mesh characters as my time doesn't allow that which is the whole point to using this pipeline instead of others. It is an extreme time saver. Like previous versions rigging is an after thought but no crashes and no compromises make it a real commercial tool for me. While I understand the upgrade revolves around the addition of PBR I'm pleasantly surprised to find the entire application working much better. I have pumped out more characters in a shorter time than I ever remember doing before. With the right time alloted they could certainly be more complex characters too. Also... if the character is to be used for promo shots, posters and things other than complex scenes, you can build it as high poly count as your system can handle which makes for great renders. Being able to bring in the high poly fibermesh for hair or beards is a real plus too.

I am starting to feel confident that if a client wants a fast character prototype the CC pipe line can deliver a WIDE variety of characters.. Its really up to the talent of the user now. The tools are there.

Retired Digital Freelancer, Author, and Die Hard Animator No Longer Under Adult Supervision.
Doing what I want to do... instead of what someone else's script forces me to do.
Writer and reviewer at Reallusion Magazine

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I appreciate your input WarLord, iC7 & CC2 is a little ways off for me yet but I am grabbing all the input I can since I finally got a machine that can handle iClone.

I've learned a lot from your tutorials and words of wisdom since I first started with iC5.  Smile

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for sharing your feedback Warlord. We appreciate it. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Great to see the variety of creations from you and other beta users. BigGrin

Reading This Topic