Import layered images

Posted By AverageJoe 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
AverageJoe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
A lot of great advancements in CTA3, yet some passed opportunities for ease of use. I like the layer capabilities but it'd add some ease if we could import a layered image. We can import a still image, and create bones, layer out arms and legs into masked layers and do this all one by one in CTA3 currently.  Or we could've done all that masking, removing from the background while rubber stamping or cloning in the gaps into individual Layers in Photoshop already, importing a layered image, draw the bones as currently done, just assign the selected bones to the appropriate layers. It seems like common sense to include importing layered photoshop file.  I would wish for that feature to be added. Since CTA has no drawling capabilities, many people may create their new characters and assemble them in a layered format. I just think it'd be a huge time saver to import a layered image.

And a color selector, with actual color selection as opposed to just HSL and the cumbersome render styles.  As has been requested frequently, over and over since version 1 of CTA.
Edited
8 Years Ago by wizaerd
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
It looks like I spoke to quickly about importing layers...  From the Pipeline Version's feature listing:
  • Create and Share New G3 Character Types*
  • Create G3 Characters form Photoshop PSD*
    *Available in the Coming Patch
RogueVapor
RogueVapor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Yes, in another thread from last month they said they would be releasing a PSD template. I hope they get that out soon! It would seem they must have already given it to Garry Pye already. I wish they would just release the ones they must already have for the stock G3 characters. They could release details/instructions later...
garrypye
garrypye
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hey RogueVapour. Just to clear things up, Reallusion hasn't given me the PSD template as yet. I wish they did, as I am a Photoshop user first and foremost, so I'm as excited about its release as you are. When I create characters, I just do sprite swapping. Take the original Reallusion character and swap all its sprites over for my own. I've always done it that way. Even with G2 characters (which requires a neat mix of masochism and obsessive compulsive behaviour). But I have to do it this way, especially for G2, as I am not proficient with Flash and therefore can't use puppet producer (sadly).

Have a great day.

Garry Pye
www.facebook.com/garrypyeanimations?ref=bookmarks
RogueVapor
RogueVapor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Oh wow, sorry. I just figured they would have, considering how fast you were able to get your new characters out. (BTW: bought one, and cute little guys (mates) they are). And the fact they just did a profile on you, like a little release trailer...

I'm just a little frustrated with all of the work and research I'm having to put in to make the characters. I like the animation aspects, but it almost seems that they go out of their way to make sure it is very hard to get my artwork in. (Yes with G3, I can pull anything in, as long as it isn't an animated head, esp. eyes!) And I have to redo a lot of work that I completed in Flash or Photoshop, etc, etc.
I am figuring it out (slowly) via old post, half written - non-maintained documentation, Toons Unlimited youtube videos, and deconstructing each character as much as I can.

Reading This Topic