Posted By dwacon 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Galactic Blitz — New 10 Episode Web Series, Pilot Episode

Author
dwacon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I have been struggling with this for a long time, mainly on getting voice actors to commit.  Now that the first episode is out, I am hearing from some good actors whom I have seen on TV which will help. Thinking of a kickstarter using this episode.  Thoughts?  Ideas?  Experiences?  

Anyway... check it out:

Still more tech issues... building original sets, finding sets I can use with little mods... and still struggling with animation of DAZ non-human characters.  But, as a wise woman once said, conception is easier than delivery.  ;-)

Atomic Skeletons
[url=http://amzn.to/2zZ3md9]Queer Steer[/url]
Black Larry David

Galactic Blitz
Birthday Movie

Edited
9 Years Ago by dwacon
Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Bearing in mind that I've got hardly anything of my own to show...

I've enjoyed watching your clips (those Happy Birthday works were great fun).  The episode shown above was also impressive in the set-building and number of characters you used - all individuals in appearance and whose personalities and stories can be rounded out.

I think anything critical I could say would be unnecessary given your own comments to the effect that parts are still to be polished.   However, I did wonder if you had used raw motion capture because the arm movements of speaking or seated characters seemed excessive and a bit jerky. 

You've put a lot into this and your best scenes are impressive  (here and on your site).  One flaw I noticed (unless you deliberately wanted the effect) was that the large church-like building wasn't textured on two sides so that you could see the interior from outside.

I would have no knowledge of how to approach a kickstarter submission but I think it needs to be like a job-applicant's show-reel:  only show your very best which needs to be gone over again and again until it's perfect.   Easy for me to say, I admit.  (Without the pressure of a kickstarter submission I tend to side with those who advise just completing lots of things and learning more each time).    
dwacon
dwacon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thanks G!

I am my own worst critic... and spending too many hours over things that don't work (like trying to use DAZ objects that 3D Pipeline does not always handle properly).  But if it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

Cheers!

d.c.

Atomic Skeletons
[url=http://amzn.to/2zZ3md9]Queer Steer[/url]
Black Larry David

Galactic Blitz
Birthday Movie

Edited
9 Years Ago by dwacon
pinguintje
pinguintje
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
A little bit late, but thank you for this clip.
Also thanks for your kind words in Spacebirds.

Best Regards,
Arie

Reading This Topic