Export Daz hand poses to 3DX then to IClone

Posted By VirtualMedia 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
VirtualMedia
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Is it possible to export hand poses from Daz into 3DXChange then convert too IClone and create a pose library with the poses in IClone?

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
It'd be a lot of effort for something that is easy to do right within iClone.

You would have to save the hand gesture as an animation from rest into the pose, and move it over as BVH. Once you had it characterized, you could apply the motion to an avatar and do a collect clip and save it as a gesture.

You can pose the hands in iClone using the edit motion layer, using the little pictures of the hands or selecting the hand bones with the gizmo. Then do a collect clip and save as "Gesture". This method can be a pose or an animation. Hand motion is saved as part of an iMotion, and can also be saved separately as a Gesture.

If you have some nice mocap hand animations in DAZ, then it might be worth converting.
Edited
9 Years Ago by rampa
VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for the info rampa, I import all my characters from Daz, just not a fan of the IC characters...yet  Jury is waiting on character builder. The reason I ask is, although 3DX and IClone do an amazing job of export / import. The fingers always look so mangled in IC. I use the motion editor religiously but it gets rather time consuming when a simple hand pose or gesture preset might straighten out the hands.

It's one of the reasons I did a parody of Rocky talking about arthritis in his hands BigGrin

Thanks again / keep rendering

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com

Reading This Topic