Dragon Skunk cast thread

Posted By Dragonskunk 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dragonskunk
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Violet: A nanny panda bot designed to take care of infants and children, she was once sabotaged with explosives placed in her body meant to assassinate the paternal owner. Having discovered the device inside her she ran away from all humans in an abandon junk yard till she was discovered and saved by Marfa and has been part of the Dragon Skunk family ever since.

I have a voice actress already for her but I want to save the true voice and dialog for the main feature. This is to test her android motion ability even when using mocap presets and to calibrate her mouth light materials to look convincing.

She's inspired by FT Female Type Robot

More to come in this thread.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg
Edited
9 Years Ago by Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Marfa: Like her other sisters she started off as a skunk kit and aged into a human, she's very street smart but occasionally has difficulties with the spoken language. She tends to be antisocial and shy but she won't hesitate to help others especially if it means fighting off trouble makers. She is very comfortable with being homeless, but she does take care of her appearance.

Edited
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Looking forward to seeing more of this. The story is intriguing, for sure!

I am curious how it would look not in cartoon style as well.
Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rampa (5/6/2015)
Looking forward to seeing more of this. The story is intriguing, for sure!

I am curious how it would look not in cartoon style as well.

I'm a big fan of 2D traditional animation and toon style. 3D can look realistic with tons of details but that style is what I want stay away from. Going flat in 3D using iC offers me the best of both worlds 2D look with the speed and ease of animating that comes from 3D and iC. I used to make everything in 2D using vector art with rigging but it was still very time consuming and every new scene needs new art and new rigs. Now with fake 2D using 3D I can make way more episodes and tell more stories. This 3:40 video done in vector 2D took almost a year to make and there are no shortcuts, no presets, little to no downloadable props to use. There had to be a better way.  

Edited
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Very cool concept and execution!!!

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Veronika: She's evidence that all these transformation viruses were pure experimental, was she meant to be a power house brutal warrior? No one knows. Despite her mouth full of giant sharp teeth and giant size and musculature, her nature is contradictory to her appearance, she is kind, protective and motherly and one of the most brilliant minds of her time. Marfa stands next to her for size comparison. 

Edited
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Very nice work. I'm so glad you posted it here.

(I really need to visit this thread more often. I feel badly when I think about all the wonderful works I've failed to acknowledge.)

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

justaviking (5/11/2015)
Very nice work. I'm so glad you posted it here.
(I really need to visit this thread more often. I feel badly when I think about all the wonderful works I've failed to acknowledge.)

I appreciate it.

Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Zasha: She has the ability to sense things most are not aware,  a person's health, earthquakes, 3 seconds into the future. She says we all experience reality 3 seconds late because of the speed that we travel in the universe. Her failing, however, could be some kind of anti PTSD built in, she tends to forget anything traumatic. Basically this girl can see into the future but can't see her past.

Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Annik: She is clever and talented and has precise and strong psychical abilities. Her vision is amazing she can read a book off her peripheral vision or see in near total darkness. She's yet unable to see when she's being played, it's all in her naive trusting nature. Her sisters need to show her how to spot a charmer.

Reading This Topic