Viseme - TalkingStyle - MotionPlus

Posted By e1_scheer 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
e1_scheer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi,

After I've animated a scene with visemes and having changed the talking style to yelling
everything looks good, but when I save the clip as a motion plus clip or even an i-talk clip
the talking style info is lost and the clip defaults to global 100. 
Is that the normal behaviour or is there a way to save that information into a clip?

Thanks
Edited
3 Years Ago by e1_scheer
e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

and as a more general issue, if I have changed viseme strenght, either individual visemes, talking style or in the facial animation settings.
Is there some way to bake that all down into one clip, after which I can open a new blank project and then load in the clip having facial
animation settings at default 100?  For animation export this kind of functionality is very important, as I want to export "final animations".  
Edited
3 Years Ago by e1_scheer
e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So the simple question is :

If I have my facial animation looking fine in I-clone, how do export it to unity and have it include any talking style changes I've made?

I've now tried a straightforward fbx export from i-clone (which already isn't ideal) as well as 3DXchange and that doesn't export or bake
the talking style edits either!  This is a real problem for me and needs some kind of fix. 

I'll put it into the feedback tracker just in case, but not a single issue I've raised there has been resolved.

Edited
3 Years Ago by e1_scheer
e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Added this to feedback tracker :
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Talking-Style-Export-Animation-Baking
e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So I contacted customer support to have this adressed as it is important for me to get this fixed asap.
I also want to use this as an example of how features you log into the feedback tracker generally go
there to die a slow death.  So let's see what happens this time round.

I brought this up about 2-3 weeks ago and the issue has been assigned, which is encouraging.  All
that remains is to see when the fix (if it happens) is released.  I need to export my motion end of next
week, so hopefully it happens before then.  But in any case I will keep track of the time it takes in this
thread as a reminder.

Thanks
e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So just saw that a new version of IClone was released today and for an instant thought that it would
include a fix for my issue.  I'm really happy about the morph creator fix, but would like a similar quick
solution to the fbx export problems that I and others have raised.
arda.kutlu
arda.kutlu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Is there any update with this issue? This is really frustrating since this is a problem hard to spot until you need it.
I adjusted all the viseme strengths and talking style in iClone nicely but when I export it to FBX and check it in Maya/UE4 it is not the same. I also compared it against Alembic Exports and there is no tongue movement and it is definetely different.

Exporting as alembic is not a possibility for us at this stage as we are overlaying the facial animation in UE with separate body mocaps. More over, the alembic exports does not have the same meshes with the FBX exports so I can even use Maya as a bridge.

I checked the blendshape channels in Maya and it seems like the tongue channels are there but they are not getting animated so I think somehow during the export, the data is getting written wrong.

Please let me know if there is a workaround or planned fix for this as this is and extremely important.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 minutes ago
The current status of this issue is "Assigned" which means the team are actively working on a fix for the problem. Sadly I don't have time frame for when this will be available though.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Peter,

Thanks for following up on this, but to be honest I raised this issue two months ago and after having brought 
this up with customer support as an urgent issue on multiple occasions I have no confidence anymore in how
customer support is handled at Reallusion,  NONE of the issues I have raised in the feedback tracker have 
been adressed, literally NONE and some of these requests date back YEARS !

So here's my timeframe : if this issue is not fixed in the next release, I am no longer making the effort to register
issues in the feedback tracker.  

Thanks,

Iwan
Palmamultimedia
Palmamultimedia
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (622 reputation)Veteran Member (622 reputation)Veteran Member (622 reputation)Veteran Member (622 reputation)Veteran Member (622 reputation)Veteran Member (622 reputation)Veteran Member (622 reputation)Veteran Member (622 reputation)Veteran Member (622 reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I'm having the same problem with transfer to Unreal, tried every setting I could but my character still ends up with 'duck lips' when talking. Looks good in iClone but exported to .fbx either from iClone or CC3 it does not update the lip options, iMotion etc.Any update would be appreciated.As a matter of interest I changed the iMotion from Acculips to text to speech in iClone and exported to Unreal seems to work better.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Palmamultimedia

Reading This Topic