anyone know about this ?

Posted By planetstardragon 9 Months Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
a 6.6 million dollar meme! - that looks like it was made in iclone!

How a 10-second video clip sold for $6.6 million

It’s a new type of digital asset - known as a non-fungible token (NFT) - that has exploded in popularity during the pandemic as enthusiasts and investors scramble to spend enormous sums of money on items that only exist online.

Edited
9 Months Ago by planetstardragon
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.1K reputation)

doing more research on this -  we need an nft shop here at reallusion!! lol w00t

here's a guide on how to make nft
https://blockonomi.com/nfts-collecting-creating-guide/

this is where you can create them
https://opensea.io/

and this looks like an ebay for nft
https://nonfungible.com/

Edited
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@RL  -  serious,  you guys really need to think about this - follow this trend and make an nft marketplace!

Hypothetical example -  if Hypothetically Martin Scorsese used CTA to make an Nft embedded 10 second video loop,  it would instantly be worth millions,  if that video loop was sold exclusively from the Reallusion NFT Market place  then....... 
if I have to explain the rest then I shouldn't have bothered writing this post lol  w00t

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The art market is a rich mans game,  the only reason this trend is big is because people with money are looking for new digital ways to increase the value of their investments and create new "Opportunities" -wink wink.This trend is a Real illusion - no other way to explain it,   it's a hype and marketing game to increase the value of art that increases the value of money invested into the art.   it's big because a group of rich people with lots of bitcoin said so.

being this is a new trend,  Reallusion has an opportunity to position itself as the
Sotheby's of fine meme art w00t

watch this ... it explains the nature of this game nicely.

Edited
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 9 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
I would say, crazy!, insane!,...!
BUT as it is BEEPLE, he deserves it Wink

I randomly followed him over the years and his work is amazing.
But the most respectable is, he made every single day a piece of art for over 13 years now.
And he never missed a single day (publish online daily) and states never produced in "advance"...

Beeple is Mike Winkelmann, a graphic designer living in Charleston, SC, USA who does a variety of digital artwork
including short films, Creative Commons VJ loops, everydays and VR / AR work.
He has done work for Apple, Space X, Nike, Coca-Cola, Adobe, Pepsi, Samsung and many more.
After he began releasing a set of widely used Creative Commons VJ loops he has worked on concert visuals for
Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Childish Gambino, Imagine Dragons,
One Direction, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Eminem, Zedd, Skrillex, deadmau5 etc,
Beeple's artwork was featured on Louis Vuitton’s Women's Spring 2019 ready to wear collection
as well as window displays at their flagship stores all over the world.
They also worked together to build a bespoke custom handbag featuring bendable LED screens that featured his videos.
Originators of the current "everyday" movement in 3D graphics, he has been creating a picture everyday from start to finish
and posting it online for over thirteen years without missing a single day.

https://www.beeple-crap.com

And he is making money in a row...

Current bid on Christies,
USD 3,500,000
Hurry up, bidding ends on March, 11th Wink

https://onlineonly.christies.com/s/first-open-beeple/beeple-b-1981-1/112924

https://www.christies.com/features/Monumental-collage-by-Beeple-is-first-purely-digital-artwork-NFT-to-come-to-auction-11510-7.aspx

So, definitely Crazy, Insane and not my pay grade...
But I definitely grant him the succes!
And he definitely is a hard working guy...

And here is an interesting article on NFT's:

https://www.theverge.com/22310188/nft-explainer-what-is-blockchain-crypto-art-faq

And the hype is defintely rising:

And as there seems to be a lot of (also dirty/illegal?) money around...

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

Edited
9 Months Ago by toystorylab
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you for that!!  I def want to get into making these,  it seems the story behind the art is the driving force for prices....but I've also seen a few standard cliche' memes selling for big  money too,  nothing near what beeple makes,  but $3k for an infinite loop of a dog head that would take most people less than an hour to make is not something to dismiss!!   I've been contemplating the "Presentation" aspect

I made one joke meme that went viral -  and a few months later the company rebranded the product,  that's gotta be worth something lol! w00t

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 9 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.4K reputation)

I don't see big chances to make money out of this without kinda "fame" as digital artist...
Do you have any idea what the costs are to manufacture the "physical" object?
If that is reasonable, it might be worth to give it a try...
Wish you good luck!

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 9 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ty again @toystorylab -  the cryptocurrency world has a learning curve all it's own. 
we need to get DA points on the blockchain to convert it to etherium!!  w00t Laugh

Elon Musk has been pushing Doge coin hard and people are acting like Doge is going to be the ruling cryptocurrency. I don't see how cryptocurrency is the "new world currency"  when it's so volatile and expensive to do transactions,  not to mention the vulnerabilities that come with it.

which btw -  to add to the info you were so kind to share,  -  www.coinbase.com  to convert crypto to cash,  you have to sell it like stocks,  but each sale is based on a current market price so you can hold 1k today in crypto  -   but when you go to sell it,  it can be suddenly worth 10k or $1   lol  

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

it just dawned on me,  this whole nft business is actually a very good thing for the art culture.

Consider that before this business of the internet,  we'd buy comic books,  records,  dvds,  etc ....and we were able to resell them,    when the internet of things came into play,  files became the dominant virtual format...and it was illegal to resell ( or give away )  your purchased files.  The NFT restores the "Collectors" culture to art.

Consider, for example  - whats a Beatles song from itunes worth,  1.29 or so ?   once you purchase it ...it's over ...but what if that same file was purchased directly from Paul McCartney and that file was authenticated in blockchain,  that is now a collectors item with a resellers license.

That said,  this is a bigger deal than I originally thought and I do not think this will be a passing fad as it restores a favorite past time of a dying sector ...."Collectors items"   -  Tradable baseball cards,  Comic book collections,  record collections etc .....  I think the market will take a dip when everyone and their moms catch on and start ,creating nfts,  but it will also have longevity because it tapped into a culturally rooted past time / hobby of creating collections of your favorite things that increase in value over time.

while fame can help make an item instantly valuable,  complete sets of quality art will retain value - for simply being complete sets ..... ie - make up your own game ,  create trading cards in nft.  -  it will eventually gain value because it's a "complete set"

this same logic can be applied to NFT enabled software as well,  for example ....say I had a copy of an NFT enabled Iclone 1  -   one day someone makes a hit film in iclone,  iclone becomes a standard -   that NFT enabled version of Iclone 1 now grows in value,. and can be resold -  and with smart contracts,  reallusion stands to make 10% of each sale every time it's resold. -  apparently some game developers are starting to do that.

Jack Dorsey is offering to sell the first tweet as an NFT and the highest bid is $2.5 million

Edited

Reading This Topic