I am so discouraged with Reallusion

Posted By Dragonskunk 5 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I just need to vent here. If you don't want to read a vent about Reallusion then please do not read any further.

It seems like iclone and 3DX is an endless pit of disappointment. I can't say anything about their other products as I don't use them.
I know software can get buggy but the last time I got to work on a 100% reliable product from Reallusion is the last version of iClone 6.
The despicable process of adding new features and not fixing existing ones is nothing less than frustrating. Let's throw it together see if it works, if it doesn't, we'll make all the user head for the Feedback Tracker to do all the beta testing work for us. I dunno about other users I'm tired of using HIWS (hope it works software)

When it gets to the point that almost everything you use in iClone barely functions it makes you want to seriously look elsewhere. If Reallusion was working overtime to get people to stop using their software... Great success guys!

I could spend all day just writing up feedback tracker reports as a hobby and it would be a full time job. I just want to be an animator not a beta tester for Reallusion. Every version released is just fail fail fail, the old bugs are still there and new ones are added with every new version. All the bugs just leaves users to hope that a fix will come soon, instead they wait and some get fixed at an ever slow and tedious pace versus just being productive. Imagine a product that claims they save you time and effort by using their product but instead you are skating around bugs, how does that simplify anyone's workflow.

I was hoping by now to have a patch for 7.7 in order to keep my copyright 2019 logo and getting all my animation done this year but I'm gonna have to spend extra time to redo all the files I made with ic 7.7 that does not load in ic 7.6. I reverted as 7.7 is so buggy I cannot use it whatsoever. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg
Edited
5 Years Ago by Dragonskunk
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Dragonskunk

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling frustrated and unhappy with iClone7.

The 7.71 update (and 3.21 for CC) is coming next week and this includes a number of urgent bug fixes so please do try installing that when it is available. However I would say that your comment that iClone 7 is unusable is certainly not my experience and doesn't appear to be the experience of most others. This may indicate that you have other issues unrelated to just "bugs" in iClone 7.

In this case I would advise contacting Technical Support and lay out the most important issues that are making iClone 7 unusable for you. They will then do their best to help resolve the problems for you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

dante1st
dante1st
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I've had zero problems with the current version.

It's probably your computer that's the issue here, not Reallusion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My iClone short films: https://www.youtube.com/iClone316

Hookflash
Hookflash
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
dante1st (12/22/2019)
I've had zero problems with the current version.

It's probably your computer that's the issue here, not Reallusion.

I think that's a bit unfair. There are *many* Assigned bugs on the Feedback Tracker, some of them quite serious, due to the fact that RL was very busy this year with multiple projects unrelated to bug fixing. It's understandable that some users have been getting a bit frustrated with the situation. Thankfully, it sounds like the next update is going to address the issue. BigGrin

Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Now I have one machine my laptop with a dedicated graphics card. I cannot install iClone at all since the latest windows update. That I suspect is not Reallusion it's my laptop, even tho iClone is the only software I cannot install on it.

"It's probably your computer that's the issue here, not Reallusion."

No! It's the greatest desktop machine I have ever used, everything is new everything works, everything is modern, yet same problems as the one it replaced. 

When I say I cannot use iClone I meant this is me rendering 1 file:

OK ready to render... Some of the lights don't emit light properly, delete the render, try again, doesn't render, stuck at rendering frame 1, control alt delete, restart computer. OK, ready to render again... but no, if only the scene didn't blow out with saturated colors, now to fight with the GIAnchor, turn on and off the auxiliary light, move some things around, change some setting, till the blowout disappears. Now render... but no, back to some light not reflecting properly, toggle the auxiliary light, now I can render... no! Now it takes over a minute to render because while it is rendering it randomly stops and in the Task Manager iClone is indicating randomly "Not responding" slowing the render to a crawl, so cancel that render, restart computer again, restart iClone again, toggle auxiliary light to have the light reflect properly hope for no GIAnchor blowout hit render and I finally have frames render properly. 

And now you know what I mean by I cannot use iClone.
It's like a car that you need to put some gas in the carburetor and put the battery on the charger everytime you want to use that car, that is a car I cannot use.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Dragonskunk
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Unfortunately if you are having so many issues this would indicate that you may have some system related issues as well because other iClone users are not experiencing the same level of problems.

All I can advise is that you make use of the Feedback Tracker to report the issues you are experiencing and the iClone team will certainly investigate.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

DS,

It might also help if you could post your troublesome scene here -- there are folks who can look at it and see:

#1 If it renders okay on their setup and/or
#2 If there's something about it that needs changing/fixing

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
musicaz
musicaz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
     If you can't install Iclone 7  maybe roll back the graphics driver  or update if possible  as there was some issue awhile back with an nvidia  graphic driver  that prevented me from installing iclone 7. Actually it caused others also not to be able to install iclone as well. Back then i had to roll back the driver until nvidia came out with a new updated version .  Also rendering problems  can be affected by graphic drivers from what i have found . 
    Also as far as bugs which i agree there usually are and often i have been frustrated that they dont seem to fix them very fast  so I can understand a person becoming frustrated. 
https://soundcloud.com/user-637311263
Edited
4 Years Ago by musicaz
Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

could you post your system specs ?

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Edited
4 Years Ago by Kevin.S
Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm sure it's just me.
But spending over $1300 to get a new PC was a total waste of time then if all I wanted to do is use iClone.
My solution is wash my hands of anything iClone and use ANY other software that does work on my machine which is anything else.
I can't seem to invent a machine that runs iClone.   

Everything work perfectly in my laptop except I had to disable the anti ransomware that is on by default in the latest home Windows 10:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit Build 18362
Intel core i5-5200U
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 940M Display memory: 2GB of ram

But iClone crawls with these specs.

This is the something wrong with your system desktop with all new components mobo ram cpu m.2 nvme drive and dependable Samsung PRO SSD drives.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit Build 18362
Intel core i7-8700k 32G of ram
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Display memory: 8GB of ram

Just for fun I'll try as many tests as I can RAM test SSD test the works. I'll reply if I find anything. And I'm sure it will prove that join clips will work and phantom keyframes go away and iClone will never have its daily dozen dose of WSOD. 

Reading This Topic