iClone 7 - 2018 Roadmap

Posted By Grace (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Grace (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
iClone 7 - 2018 Roadmap 

In 2018, other than the best video tracking and fine-render plugins, iClone 7 will also see the world's first plug-and-play, full-body capture platform for live performances, with Python API for animation control and device connection. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c5b19d24-f577-45cb-9141-b12d.jpg

* The final release dates and prices will be made in upcoming announcements.

Unified Mocap Platform

The Unified Mocap Platform provides an integrated user interface for easily managing facial, body and gesture capture projects which include: multiple virtual characters and multiple mocap devices.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/794fd236-83d7-4d15-a183-b7ee.jpg

It will allow users to:
  • Experience synchronous preview and record multiple characters' motions, driven by multiple input devices
  • Use same device to control multiple characters
  • Control one character’s body, face and hands through different devices, eg. body capture from OptiTrack, face capture from Faceware, and hand capture from Perception Neuron or Leap Motion
  • Employ Python APIs to easily add new motion capture devices (just a few hours) 
Using single Perception Neuron mocap data to control multiple characters

Adding Leap Motion hand gestures to OptiTrack body mocap

Synchronous motion capture with Faceware, Xsens and Leap Motion

iClone Python APIs

The adding of Python Scripting to iClone will bring extensive design power for those who seek to create custom controlers and unique feature enhancements.
The first stage we will open the animation API for iClone such as: RTS for props, cameras and devices for animation or mocap control.  

3D Camera Matchmoving - Mocha

After integrating iClone 7 with the PopcornFX particle engine, 3D Camera Tracking has become the most critical feature to finish turning iClone into a full, 3D Video Compositing platform. To make iClone even more capable for VFX design and Pre-visualization, we are glad to announce that Boris FX Mocha, the Academy Award-winning Planar Tracker and 3D Camera Solver, will soon be another plugin for the iClone family. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ed2f9999-9866-44e0-a66a-553c.png

With Mocha, it will be possible for video producers to use iClone for:
  • Seamless Video Compositing with Virtual Characters and 3D Scenes
  • Add accessories, scars or masks to video actors
  • Add Particle Effects to video backgrounds such as thunder, explosions, smoke.
  • Blend CG elements to video with Color Toning, IBL, Shadow Matt and HDR Blooming effects.
3D camera movements are calculated from the planar tracking, over a hand-held camera recorded video.

An iClone test render combining animated 3D character, particle VFX, color toning and blooming effects.

Photorealistic Render - Iray

Other than many great Iray features which you can explore from the NVIDIA Iray page, Reallusion has made good progress to ensure PBR/MDL material compatibility, perfect camera alignment, and memory-friendly animation rendering. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/39bead25-4cf8-4186-b6f5-db80.jpg

Some features you might expect to have in iClone and Character Creator:
  • Extremely fast AI Accelerated GPU rendering for interactivity and image output
  • Support native Iray MDL (Material Definition Language) for high quality material rendering 
  • Sub-surface Scattering (SSS) and Caustics
  • Light Path and Multi-pass Rendering for compositing pipeline
  • DOF, IES Light Profile
  • Custom shader design like Toon Rendering
In the below one-to-one iClone PBR to Iray MDL material render comparison, we are quite happy with the same material look after the auto conversion.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/df597059-84f4-4d8d-a2bb-3233.jpg

You can tell the Iray render speed and realism from this engineering prototype.

Test Iray render for iClone Interior Scene 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/48f5ca97-c6ea-4eda-a41f-d720.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d256e9da-6bfe-45f0-96f2-cb71.png

Iray render applied with MDL Top Coat Material 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9e36c2b6-50bc-4f72-aa13-c70d.png

Iray SSS (Sub-surface Scattering) Render
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9124b99b-5785-49e5-a70e-cbc0.png

*For more Character Render samples, please check Character Creator - Roadmap 2018.

PopcornFX

We thank the community for actively helping each other out, reporting bugs and providing valuable suggestions ever since the last product launch. Reallusion continues to work hard for feature enhancements and major bug fixes to provide you with a better product each and every time.
  • v1.01: Rendering related bug fixes, improved operation and user interfaces.  Know More 
  • v1.1: Future PopcornFX enhancements for Physics Related functions, Soft Animation Blending, Particle Sound, Path in Emitter, Curve Attribute, PopcornFX Material Type Switch.  Know More

Curve Editor

v1.1: Curve Editing for Path
  • Edit Path Curve in Curve Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4b3c2c5d-488c-497f-a7a8-f381.gif
  • Show Frame Indicator on the Path
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fb8fff4a-e075-4c3a-bea9-7eb7.gif
  • Edit Path Offset directly from Path 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1e1b3890-adba-49f9-928d-34e1.gif

By adding offset to the path constraint, you can easily make drifting animation like this video.

v1.2:
 Curve Editing for Morph

Best Regards,
Reallusion iClone Team

Edited
6 Years Ago by Grace (RL)
BuckyBlaster
BuckyBlaster
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Thanks for the heads up, Looking forward to what you have been working on.

Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Interesting. Was really looking forward to python scripting but it’s the Iray integration that’s turned my head now.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
THANK YOU for the Roadmap update.  Smile

Posted 2 days ago?
I can't imagine how I missed it.  I use the "Latest" list for forum posts.  Oh well.

Great to see Python is still on the list, and that Iray integration will be in iClone as well as Character Creator (regardless of the value, at least it's in both).

About Iray...  a) It should be free, so no need to buy a "license" like we had to for Indigo, and b) Iray is an Nvidia application, and is GPU-accelerated on Nvidia graphics cards, but will also run on the CPU, so AMD users will still be able to use Iray, but more slowly, and c) My first thought regarding the side-by-side image of all the sample orbs was how great the iClone PBR rendering was, since there is very little difference in those images, in that image it sort of shows why you don't need Iray, and d) So Iray will be great when you need SSS, refraction, and caustics, but maybe not for much else, and e) Having said all that, I'm definitely not opposed to it, and I hope it's a zero-cost feature since Iray itself is free.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
6 Years Ago by justaviking
Spyros_F
Spyros_F
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I really like the road you are taking with iClone and CC! I am really looking forward to all the new feature and additions, my top favorite being Iray and Mocha 3D camera tracking. Well done. Smile

gordryd
gordryd
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

As long as we're throwing everything in there, how about an option for Motion Blur during final render?

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I like in the email it shows that *most* of this (the only stuff I'm interested in, since I don't care about iRay) is scheduled for the end of the third quarter.  Which means we *might* see it before the end of this year (but more realistically the start of 2019).  That's decent -- I may well live long enough to use this stuff.

However, it's very disappointing the Python stuff looks to be extremely limited.  The things I want Python for may well elude my own life (sigh).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

gordryd (2/14/2018)
As long as we're throwing everything in there, how about an option for Motion Blur during final render?

Here is on "official" request in Feedback Tracker:
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Motion-blur-the-real-stuff/1/blur

Does Reallusion ignore all the not-implemented items from the previous version?
It you look, there are many still-open iClone 6 entries in Feedback Tracker.
I asked once, and got a vague answer from Reallusion staff.

Best, but stupid, solution is to re-create your favorite iC6 issues get them reported against iC7 (include a link to the original issue for good measure).

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
6 Years Ago by justaviking
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
justaviking (2/14/2018)

Posted 2 days ago?
I can't imagine how I missed it.  I use the "Latest" list for forum posts.  Oh well.

Many official posts are prepared in advance but hidden until announcement time. You didn't miss it. Wink

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Great news and "PRO" updates!!!!
Cant' wait for them!

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Reading This Topic