Profile Picture

Why are you refusing to give us morphs??

Posted By primeuser 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
primeuser
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I bring in a character from DAZ into 3dxchange.  I go to the face expressions and there are all the morphs I exported with sliders for each morph so I can fine tune things to my hearts content.  But when I save that character and bring it into Iclone all of those morph sliders are gone forever.  Why is it so hard to modify Iclone so all of those sliders are available in Iclone itself?  I had high hopes for Iclone7 and the morphing ability it was supposed to have.  I like all the PBR stuff but Iclone is all about animation.  And without morphs, individual body part morphs, the animations are like working with one and one half hands tied behind our backs.  Please allow us to import and adjust morphs the same way as we can in 3dxchange.
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
@primeuser

Do you own Iclone 7? There's a new tool called Morph creator that is different from the Expression module.
You can keyframe any morphs of your assets/characters

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8236a240-8b70-4967-b082-947b.jpg
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago

@primeuser: Why are you blaming RL about DAZ stuff? Did you enter a feature request?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
As soon as you go between softwares you are going to run into issues like this.
DAZ studio cannot even load iClone or other FBX rigged content in any useable way, Carrara which I use cannot see the iClone blendshapes and has issues with a lot of DAZ studio morphs in duf content, but will at least import both, Poser has pmd morphs everything else has issues with!!
Is just how it is, stuff works best in the software its made for.

Edited
7 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
wendyluvscatz (7/23/2017)
As soon as you go between softwares you are going to run into issues like this.
DAZ studio cannot even load iClone or other FBX rigged content in any useable way, Carrara which I use cannot see the iClone blendshapes and has issues with a lot of DAZ studio morphs in duf content, but will at least import both, Poser has pmd morphs everything else has issues with!!
Is just how it is, stuff works best in the software its made for.

Ms. Wendy,

Reconstruct the given.
Base:
1. Add a Morpher modifier.
2. Load all of the morphs

Do they morph in Carrara, now?
if so... export.

Edited
7 Years Ago by but0fc0ursee
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I would like to extend this question. Even when I bring in a Daz character all the morphs work just fine in 3DX. but no way to import directly to a slider. Why can't we have a direct to slider feature for morphs a character already has?  I know a work around but it gets tedious it would be nice if just allow the sliders which work in 3DX to work as Sliders in IClone.

primeuser
primeuser
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you all who tried to respond to my post.  The point I was making was not using a CC character for which you can make morphs in CC or obj files for which you can make morphs.  I don't particularly like the CC characters.  DAZ characters all have a boat load of morphs already sculpted for those of us whose artistic talents are minimum.  And the texture files are far superior to CC texture files in my opinion of course.  They have a million models, a million pieces of clothing and accessories and hair already there and ready to be used.  My point was and is that all of the morphs for DAZ characters are usable and loadable via fbx to 3dxchange.  They all show up under facial expressions with a unique slider for each and every morph for each and every body part.  I CAN then, in a terribly convoluted way, use 24 of these morphs via the custom face keys in iClone.  But trying to use them precisely is like pulling teeth.  The facial expressions were never designed to be used on any other body part except the face.  So iclone already does allow you to directly bring in morphs for DAZ characters.  BUT not like the easy and simple and exacting way 3dxchange aready does with a slider for each morph.  This is the way of course how almost every other 3d program in existence already works!  The morphs are there in 3dxchange.  Each morph has a simple and effective slider to use them.  But that very easy and precise usage is not built into iClone, even though they have already proved they know exactly how to do it.  As a wish list item.  I am hoping reallusion will finish the job.  We can morph CC characters.  We can morph OBJ files.  Now I am hoping they will expand and bring in the functionality to allow fbx imports via 3dxchange to do the same thing.  iClone is a great tool for animation with its real time rendering.  Other programs do a better job of rendering but at the cost of days worth of rendering for a short scene.  They are useless for animations unless you have a render farm at your disposal (Blender might change this with Eevee, its soon to be real time rendering engine.)  We just need iClone to be expanded so that we can bring in any character via fbx with all its associated morphs and use them with sliders as every other modeling program currently does.
Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
you can use daz morphs with morph creator/animator,
and it works quite well.

Edited
7 Years Ago by budbundy
Metrantor
Metrantor
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)Senior Member (316 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
budbundy (7/28/2017)
you can use daz morphs with morph creator/animator,
and it works quite well.

well, that's excactly the point for my to jump in. I think ist should be pretty simple to set up the figure in DAZ Studio first, send it with all the facial expressions to 3D Exchange. Even if it is sad, that we can't transfer the tons of Genesis 1-3 morphs directly into iclone, we should be able to use extra OBJ-exports from Daz Studio to set up new morphs in iClone.

As far as well, but what are the settings for the export? What is the sizing. My imports fail by getting the message, that the number of vertices were different Sad. Is there any tutorial or description out there?

@budbundy: If you had success by importing additional morphs from exported DAZ Studio meshes (i.e. Genesis), pls let us know, which export settings you do use.

Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

your issue is that your trying obj
each morph needs to be seperate and in .iavatar format
this one has 16 morphs, so i converted 16 variations to avatar
then added them in morph creator using the plus button.

the same goes for CC charactors

Edited
7 Years Ago by budbundy

Reading This Topic