Downloading Problems

Posted By Capemedia 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Capemedia
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hello follow iCloners,

Recently I have been having a few problems downloading files from Reallusion.  I was not that bothered at first as they were just free upgrade patches.

However I now cannot download anything:-

Backstage allows me to buy items but will not download them into iClone, no matter how I try it dosen't work.

Now the really annoying bit is I've just got some money together to buy some content.  Went through purchasing procedure and guess what, I cannot download the items.

Yes I have raised a ticket, but it's Saturday and it looks like it'll be Monday before anybody gets around to sorting the problem.  By which time my weekend has gone and I will have had a total waste of time and money.

Now I sing the praises of Reallusion to anybody I meet and I'm sure I've converted many over to the "Dark Side" as Wolf puts it.  But at this moment in time I am absolutely livid with the situation of wanting to spend my weekend working on my project but to be stopped by an unknown glitch.

This type of situation is unacceptable and I urge Reallusion to fix the problem promptly and to look at whoever it was that changed things.

Sorry but I'm very unhappy.

Cape Sad

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

Edited
15 Years Ago by Capemedia
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
Hi Cape,

I'm really sorry to hear about these problems. As you say they always happen at weekends when there is limited support. You have done the right thing by putting in a support request immediately, so they should get back to you soon.

I have found myself that downloads have been slow the last few days but they have been working. It is odd that you can't download at all. While you are waiting for support why not take a look at the link below. Mick from support replied to a similar problem with a few suggestions that might help identify the problem.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic22993-21-1.aspx

Really sincere apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Peter Edwards (8/16/2009)
Hi Cape,

I'm really sorry to hear about these problems. As you say they always happen at weekends when there is limited support. You have done the right thing by putting in a support request immediately, so they should get back to you soon.

I have found myself that downloads have been slow the last few days but they have been working. It is odd that you can't download at all. While you are waiting for support why not take a look at the link below. Mick from support replied to a similar problem with a few suggestions that might help identify the problem.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic22993-21-1.aspx

Really sincere apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Thank you Peter.

I want to apologise for the nature of the post as I had just completed 24 hours at work in 2 days.  When I got home yesterday I was very tired and thinking about working on my project when I finished work, had pretty much got me through the last 2 days.

I looked at Micks post and it's exactly the same issue all the files start with - http://file.reallusion.com

However the last pack I purchased that worked started with - http://dl.element5.com

Has something been changed on the servers?

When I was offered a patch recently it too started with http://file.reallusion.com and only after going through a service ticket did they offer me an alternative http://dl.element5.com which worked.

I'm glad to say after a good nights sleep I feel better, I'm still frustrated as I wanted to get my project completed for the iClone Tribute competition and I'm not off again until next weekend after today Sad

During this time of download issues I think it might be worthwhile offering people these alternative download links.  My ISP have told me the problem is not with them but with Reallusion, as I can download from other sites just not this one?

Thanks

Cape!

Score Variations

Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

UPDATE

Bit of a long winded work around.

As Mick suggested.  I have spent the day trying to get hold of someone who could try and download the files to their computer burn the files to disc and then I would install them on my machine.

I have returned from my brothers who lives in Manchester a 40 mile round trip but I have the files and they are now up and running on my PC.

However backstage still will not allow my do download and use the items I have bought?

Once I here from support I'll update this thread.

Thanks

Cape! (A little more happier) Wink 

Score Variations

Edited
15 Years Ago by Capemedia
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Hi Cape,

Glad you were able to get the files. Hopefully support can solve this (serious) issue for you. It is very odd how a few users can't access files from the website while others are having no problems at all. It's causing some head scratching for sure but hopefully it will be resolved soon.

I can fully understand your initial frustration, so thanks for the hanging in there. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

alanchen
alanchen
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi all,

A quick update here. The download issue happens to a very small portion of users who try to access the download server. The challenge is that these users don't have problem accessing other servers, even the web server hosted in the same ISP. We have asked these users to conduct a tracert test so that we can have a better picture of the issue (and thanks to all of you who have helped). So far we believe it's a network routing issue and we will work with the ISP to see how they can resolve the issue. If they can resolve it in the "setup and configuration" level, this issue can be resolved soon, however, if it is a more complicated issue, it might take us more time to move the files to another server. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Alan

===================
Reallusion Marketing Department
EC service team
randon
randon
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)

Last Active: 14 Years Ago
Order number: 290079915 8-16-09 Still cant download 8/20/2009 9:14:07 AM
1. disabled
2. (A)yes download
2. (B)No
3. Tried more serveral times
Can we change the order from download to send me the disk? 8/19/2009 10:33:42 AM
Still cant download 8/19/2009 10:28:44 AM
1. Make sure you have disabled any anti-virus measures you may have such as Firewall and so on.
ok disabled firewall and anti-virus
a) Can you download this file?
http://www.reallusion.com/TDownload/Skype4_compatibility_tool.zip

yes
b) Can you see this web page?
http://origin.reallusion.com/Tpage/Tpage.asp
No 8/18/2009 2:54:13 AM
Four days Still cant download from server anyone help
Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

randon (8/20/2009)
1. disabled
2. (A)yes download
2. (B)No
Can we change the order from download to send me the disk? 8/19/2009 10:33:42 AM
1. Make sure you have disabled any anti-virus measures you may have such as Firewall and so on.

yes

Hey Randon,

Totally feel for you as it's really frustrating, especially when you spend your hard earned cash and cannot do anything about it.

I'm 100% certain support will help you with alternative links, but in the mean time do you know anybody else who can download the files for you.  That's what I did and I ended up getting the files quicker that way.

Secondly I'm still waiting for an update from my ISP which is "Be Broadband", my brothers who got the files for me is "BT Internet".

Hope this helps

Cape!

Score Variations

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

randon (8/20/2009)
1. disabled
2. (A)yes download
2. (B)No

yes

Hi Randon,

Please keep in contact with support over this issue. They are working flat out to try and resolve this issue. As soon as a resolution is found they will be able to help you get your downloads. If you wish to switch your order to a boxed version, you should explain your wishes to them. I'm sure they will do their very best to help you out. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

m1ke
m1ke
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Well, I've had this problem for ages (and done the Tracert test): it is bad enough for me to not purchase anything else from Reallusion until the problem is sorted or an alternative download facility is offered (as happened on a 'one off' basis with my previous problem, for which, thanks!). It hasn't been the main program downloads that caused a problem (e.g CT6 downloaded OK), but the purchased add-ons. I did notice that the files that wouldn't download for me ALL had the word 'File' in the url - but that may be a coincidence.

Mike

Reading This Topic