Justaviking's iClone 6 corner

Posted By justaviking 10 Years Ago
Rated 4.2 stars based on 6 votes.
Author
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Greetings,

I saw Rampa started his corner, and I thought, "Why not?"  So welcome to Justaviking's Corner.

For any new people, you may call me "Viking" or if you really want to save letters, "JVK" or even just "JV."  Me?  I never conserve on letters.  I type a lot.

I have made of little videos already, which Reallusion was kind enough to post.  One was a tutorial on "Indigo materials" and applying them to scenes in Indigo.  I have learned more since making that, and will add some updates in a "Part 2" I've committed to completing.  The also posted a "Make it Sparkle" video, which is intended to be a "marketing video" showing differences between iClone and Indigo renders.  Lastly, I've also committed to making a "miscellaneous" tutorial about some Indigo stuff I've learned.  Hopefully I'll get them finished in the next week or so.

SOMETHING SPECIAL:

I've been wanting to do a couple things, and finally finished:

• Explore iClone 6's "unlimited lights" capabilities
  • Stress test iClone 6

The stress test turned into a major stress on my graphics card.  I found out that a 1GB graphics card really struggles to render a 3GB project.  Duh!  I rendered as slowly as 30 seconds per frame.  So my little project that consisted of 6,000 video frames took about 45 HOURS to render in iClone.  (And I thought Indigo would be slow!)  Really, it's not iClone's fault.  Other projects render just fine.

It's a good demonstration of what happens when your project is THREE TIMES LARGER than what your GPU can hold.

On a positive note, it rendered flawlessly.

As for the lights, I'll go ahead and give you some product statistics:

• 1 huge spot light
  • 4 small point lights
  • 10 small spot lights
  • 9 colored spot lights
    and
  • 10 avatars
    and
  • A zillion trees (I didn't count them)

Without further ado, here's my little video:

iClone Lights (and Mason)

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Way to go Viking. Cool

I just knew that you lot weren't just a hoard of plunderers, but that you could enlighten us with your knowledge and skills. Smile

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thumbs and toes up for you too, Justaviking!
Thanks a lot

PS: the video is simply great! The idea is superb

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
10 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Awesome JVK! I see you there kitty-corner from me. Wink
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

I'm glad you enjoyed the video.  It was fun making it, other than the agonizingly slow render time.  It will be fun to re-render it someday in the future after I have a video card update.

I must repeat this... Other projects rendered fine iClone 6.  This one massively overloaded my graphics card and it's not iClone's fault.

Here are the other two videos I made.

This first one is an Indigo animation.  It's meant to be more "marketing and sales" than technical.

I benefited from symmetry, so I only had to rotate the diamond "one facet" or 1/16th of a rotation.  Then I copied the images in my editor to make it look like it was rotating longer.  (There I go again, giving away all my secrets.  Sort of the inverse of Viking pillaging.)

This next video is actually my first one, and is more of a "tutorial" type of video.

I have learned some other ways of doing things shortly after I made this, and back when I made it there were some features that weren't working yet (but are now).  So what you see were is not the only way to do this, and is not necessarily the best, but it is one of several ways of doing things.

The focus was on Indigo materials, how they differ from iClone materials, and how to apply non-iClone materials to your model when you render it in Indigo.

I do still intend to finish this multi-part tutorial, hopefully in the next few days.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
That's impressive for both you and ic6. Nice Work!

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Sifr
Sifr
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I actually learned something new, here. Can't wait for the next installments.

Btw, in general practice make sure you have the renderer "STOP" then go to the Render Settings and turn on/off GPU support for selecting your desired render resources. A lot of features are grayed out during render processes and can not be adjusted on the fly.w00tw00tw00t

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Fwooo!  (That's me blowing the dust off this thread.)

Life is interesting.

I have been "almost done" with Part 2 of my "Materials" tutorial for two, maybe three weeks now.  It suffered from bloat, and I trimmed it back down to focus on the primary topic and put the "bloat" into it's own tutorial, which is 3/4 done.  I've also been working on another one, the one that will probably be the most interesting, and it also is about 3/4 done.

Just when I thought I'd finally wrap up one or two of these things, we discovered out-of-state friends were going to be passing through, and would stop in for a visit.  Well, pause iClone and queue up the frantic house cleaning!  Then we discover their itinerary changed, and maybe they'll be here next week.

Sigh.

Oh well, the house looks a lot better now (hopefully it survives a week), and I finally got some quality time to finish up one of my tutorials today.

It's uploading right now.  It shouldn't be long and I'll be posting my newest video.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, here is Part 2 of 2 of my tutorial about Indigo Materials for iClone users.

In Part 1, I replaced the semi-diamond material with a real diamond material, but the diamond turned out blue rather than sparkly white.  Why?  That's the topic of Part 2.

This is actually less of a tutorial than it is lecture, or rather, I'd like to think I'm taking you along with me on my journey of discovery.

Hopefully you'll be able to find something useful and interesting in here.

Now that I am starting to collect a couple of videos, I should set up a proper playlist on YouTube.

Edited
9 Years Ago by justaviking
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hey Viking, why is the diamond so blue? Shouldn't it be clear? BigGrin

Great videos, I am playing catch up...
Thanks,
TS

Reading This Topic