Falling Water - Waterfalls.

Posted By DELETED2 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
DELETED2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
To all modeller Guru's and Vet. Animators:-

.                                                          What's the closest we've come to,  or can get to, a waterfall. It doesnt have to be incredibly detailed affair, just enough to create a classy visually satisfying flowing white-washy motion obvious of its material?

thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Tesira has a freebie waterfall while there are 6 waterfall options (each 150 points) from reallusion in the city marketplace. Just search the marketplace for waterfall. Perhaps one of them will get you what you want.

p.s. the videos in rl's waterfalls are broken links but you can see the animations here: http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/iClone/pack/SpecialEffects_2/A_9.aspx?index=0

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Edited
11 Years Ago by thebiz.movies
wires
wires
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Armstrong,

Take a look under Set>Particle>Water, there should be a Waterfall there.

There are also 6 Waterfalls included in the Special Effects Vol.2 Pack as Props - if you have the Pack.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
11 Years Ago by wires
warlord720
warlord720
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
The problem with a mesh waterfall is trying to fit them to the terrain hence most generic waterfalls are particles that flow out and down from the terrain. Custom fitting in a tool like Max or Maya is one way to get a conforming waterfall and animating the motion is not difficult with either uv maps or video but the wouldn't fit any other terrain very well.

For a quick and dirty waterfall you can apply the water video in the media tab to a primitive then orient it properly...but again... the form is the problem when fitting it to a terrain. Maybe camera angle could help with this somewhat.

While both of these methods work... the latter probably won't match your style of art and may stick out like a sore thumb but might be worth trying. If the waterfall flows into a visible water basin then you can use the water video on the iClone water to match the texture of the waterfall. Works really well for distant shots but not sure about up close with the attention to detail that you employ in your works.

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

Edited
11 Years Ago by warlord720
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Good evening TheBiz, Wires and WarLord.

Thankyou for the information. I have seen them and I was looking for something that would be glassy is the only way I can explain it. Something that would refract as a lens does..... as water does.

I have tried some of the objects and attached them to each other making them translucent and refractive but unless its going really fast you just kind of dont get the idea its water even with audio to back it up.

Its a shame but water is a mathematical nightmare I know....
I'll have to go with the Particles and have it running underneath heavy foliage. It IS an incidental after all, not a close up focus, so if I pan the audio in and out on passing I might get away with it.

Many many thanks again.... I'll have tot oy with these and see what comes.
Hours are getting long, the day must be waning.

Armstrong.

colour
colour
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
As I recall correctly / incorrectly, Crickey used to have a convincing waterfall Clip running in his Signature. Plus a Tut re; how to do it.

There used to be an iClone 3D Scene waterfall, provided with one of the Program Versions. 

ADDED - I've got it. Now converts to Prop. See Screenshot.

The Waterflow motion is pretty impressive. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
11 Years Ago by colour
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

HI Colour, Yes, there still is that set in my archives. Tongue

But the water is still the spray type for a large affair and my waterfall is only about nine feet long. More of a steep streamlet.; So I was after something that was glassy and bumped I could translucentize !!! and run across the pebbles AS IF it was water. GLassy clear water, no splashing. Ive never seen it before... But if I had the right prop, a prop that looked like rippling water but made of clear refractives I could make one myself.

Thank for the information anyway.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
I tried a rough, first-attempt at some smoothly-flowing water (laminar flow).

It's not a waterfall yet, but here's a test video.  The short video starts with a "good view" of the flowing water, and then I cut back to a wider view which reveals the trick.

I'm encouraged enough to work on it some more today.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic