Profile Picture

How do I remove the sound file in iClone 5?

Posted By TucsonDoobie 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TucsonDoobie
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Howdy,

I'm having problems trying to remove an mp3 file. I saw where I could delete it and clicked "Remove", but the sound file is still playing.

I also tried the Timeline approach, but when I click the "Sound" button, there is nothing there and nothing to select so you can delete it.

Help?

Thanks!

...daveCool
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Dave

If the sound has been added as Music or Sound FX go to Stage - Atmosphere and scroll down to the bottom of the Modify Panel. There you will see the Remove button. Make sure you correctly select Music or Sound FX depending on where you added the sound file originally.

For sound files added as a voice of a character you can delete these from the Timeline. Just select your avatar, press Face and then delete the sound file from the Viseme track.

Hope this helps.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

TucsonDoobie
TucsonDoobie
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I was able to export without sound, finally. In the Timeline, I imported a new sound fx and the same mp3 and this time they showed up. I was then able to delete these two files. I saved and closed iClone 5.

I started i5 again, but I still heard the music file. The sound fx was not there. I redid your procedure and clicked both the Sound "Remove" button and the current Atmosphere. I immediately noticed the Atmosphere disappear as the scene was brighter than before. I closed i5 and reopened.

Again, the music was there, so I turned down both voice and music to 0 volume. Saved. Exited. Reopened the file and I exported as an mp4 with no sound!

BTW--When you click Sound under Media, the window on right does not update to show anything about Sound at all. Also, The Project Info window under Scene Totals does not show any sound file in the Project like it does props, trees, particles, etc.

Thanks!

...davew00t
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Glad you were finally able to get past this problem. Smile

Just to add you can confirm no Sound FX or Music files are present by opening the Project - Sound track on the Timeline. Deleting is also possible from the Timeline if you prefer this method.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

mike_20090922183240664
mike_20090922183240664
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I'm having the same problem. The background music I have playing doesn't show up on the timeline and I've also tried going to STAGE - ATMOSPHERE and no luck removing the sound. Double checked my 2 characters and no audio files located under characters. I'm downloading the PDF Manual right now. Hopefully I can find a way to delete that audio. I've never had this problem in previous iClone Versions.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

mike_20090922183240664 (11/26/2011)
I'm having the same problem. The background music I have playing doesn't show up on the timeline and I've also tried going to STAGE - ATMOSPHERE and no luck removing the sound. Double checked my 2 characters and no audio files located under characters. I'm downloading the PDF Manual right now. Hopefully I can find a way to delete that audio. I've never had this problem in previous iClone Versions.

Music and Sound FX will show up on the Project level of the Timeline rather than at character level.

Try selecting Project on the Timeline and then click the Sound tab as shown below. This should show the Music and Sound FX tracks and any audio files that have been added. You can then delete them.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

hutchartwork
hutchartwork
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello Peter,
This seems to be a related theme: am presently trying to turn down the SOUND of the Viseme sound file ONLY, w-i-t-h-o-u-t having to delete it, as that would cause all the work put into the facial expressions and lip synching to disappear along with it, too.
Where do I find the volume control or "mute" button (an option available with other sound tracks) for the Viseme track?
All I want to do is replace the spoken text WITHIN iClone 5 (without having to wait until AFTER exporting, as the project is far from finished) as a separate sound file -- that I'll be attaching on a separate sound track to the character's hat.
Thanks in advance!
Hutch

--------------------------------
From W.H. Auden's (1907-1973) 1942 poem "Canzone":

When shall we learn, what should be clear as day,
We cannot choose what we are free to love?
--------------------------------
August Graf von Platen-Hallermünde (1796-1835),
Auszug aus einem "An Justus Liebig" gerichteten Gedicht von 1828:

Soll bergen ich mein innerstes Vermögen,
Was ich empfinde zu bekennen schwanken?
Ich schämte mich der eigenen Gedanken,
Wenn sie, wie Schwalben, an der Erde flögen.
Hienieden lohnt's der Mühe nicht, zu zagen,
Und wahr und frei zu sprechen kleidet Jeden,
Da bald wir Alle ruhn in Sarkophagen.
colour
colour
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I had the same problem in my last Clip.

Apparently there isn't a Sound Volume control for  Character Viseme. Only Sound Effects. This can only be done in an NLE Program.

Strange, since iC5 introduces viseme Audio Wave Form, but without a Volume Control. Maybe that'll be introduced in a future Version?

hutchartwork (5/29/2012)
Hello Peter,
This seems to be a related theme: am presently trying to turn down the SOUND of the Viseme sound file ONLY, w-i-t-h-o-u-t having to delete it, as that would cause all the work put into the facial expressions and lip synching to disappear along with it, too.
Where do I find the volume control or "mute" button (an option available with other sound tracks) for the Viseme track?
All I want to do is replace the spoken text WITHIN iClone 5 (without having to wait until AFTER exporting, as the project is far from finished) as a separate sound file -- that I'll be attaching on a separate sound track to the character's hat.
Thanks in advance!
Hutch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
12 Years Ago by colour
animagic
animagic
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
There is an overall volume control for dialog (near the timeline controls), but silencing individual speech files is not possible.

If you have CrazyTalk 6, you can actually replace the audio file without losing the lipsynch and facial animation. To mute the speech you simply replace it with an audio file with silence. The result you then save as a script which can be loaded in IC5.

Since you have already done the facial animation, this tip comes too late...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

jsinger
jsinger
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)Veteran Member (915 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I was having the same problem with IC5 then I accidentally stumbled across a sound option associated with my terrain prop. I'll be dang! There was that pesky sound source. Never saw this documented or threaded. Thus this file could be accessed from the timeline after selecting the indicated prop or by selecting from the Scene Manager > Prop > Determine which prop has claim to the sound file by looking in the Modify pane > Sound Track then choose the option to Mute, Delete, or Adjust Volume of this otherwise "hidden" sound file.

Hope this helps

Reading This Topic