Stuckon3d's freebie tutorials for iclone5 and more!

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic95218.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By stuckon3d - 13 Years Ago
Hello and welcome to my iclone 5 tutorial freebie thread. Enjoy!

just unzip file and drag it into iclone 5. Soon i will post a step by step tutorial on how the ragdoll rig was made. And how you can apply it to any avatar you choose.

Here are a few demo movies using the ragdoll rig ill be teaching soon.

By Sen - 13 Years Ago
w00t thanks Stuckon , very great tuto .
By nlprod1 - 13 Years Ago
Thanks Stuckon3D,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and freebies . Cool
By Capemedia - 13 Years Ago
Brilliant thanks so much Cris Smile
By yaRincewind - 13 Years Ago
Hi Cris,

thank you very much Smile
I enjoy the iClone5 tuts as I did the iClone 4 tuts Smile
By W.VEEKE - 13 Years Ago
Thanks again, you are a great tutor. Keep on the good work
By DADA_universe - 9 Years Ago
Would like to register my thanks to Stuckon3d for the ragdoll tutorial series and freebies. I'm late to the party but found it timely and a great help, given I had spent a long time already trying to find how to use kinematic physics to animate more realistic fights, etc.

Here's my first quick and quirky test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmAFhv4dvrY&feature=youtu.be using tips gained on this thread. Punching hand has a kinematic physics enabled object parented to it. Raster is rigged to a rag doll following tips by stuckon3d. Found adjusting the world scale and constraint stability under the world physics setting for the rag doll provides some measure of calibration for the rag doll's behaviour. (otherwise I found it difficult to get what I wanted because it got too sensitive to the kinematic object's presence and collapsed almost immediately the simulation started). Also found that removing the constraint setting and adding a new one (point to point world) to the rag doll also made it react more naturally to the punch. Albeit not being able to layer animations on the simulated ragdoll makes Rasta look stiff and punch drunk. Test made in iClone 5.5, rendered in iClone6. Thanks for looking.
By stuckon3d - 9 Years Ago
@ dada_universe and ziggy123

Sorry guys for not responding sooner, my spare time is not like it used to since i had my kid. Tongue

@ziggy123

did you solved your simulations yet? I think i have a few ideas on how to do them, i just dont have the time to do a video tutorial yet. Please let me know, the needle bed sounds like a fun challenge.

@dada_universe

Great job, if time permits i will update the ragdoll to the new PhysX engine.

Cheers,

Cris
By stuckon3d - 12 Years Ago
you are welcome! Always glad to help when i can. Smile Another little tip, null objects are great for animations as well, whenever you need secondary or tertiary pivot points for a single object to create compound motions. w00t
By MarcDonald - 12 Years Ago
Super, but how do you attach the ragdoll to the avatar??

Please give us the trick: I can't sleep anymore!
By stuckon3d - 11 Years Ago
It has been brought to my attention that the playground file was working a little weird. The chains and the ragdoll were shaking like crazy. I looked at the file and it looks like the "constraint settings" got a little change in the behavior on the latest update or updates after the release of the file. The feature that is breaking the proper behavior is a check box called " collision constrained object". Select the piece that are linked and "uncheck" the box. This will bring back the ragdoll and chains back to the proper behavior.

Cheers,

Stuckon3d

PS: press q for selection and drag click to multi select. Just make sure you dont grab the parent of the chains.
By NFTS.Games - 11 Years Ago
Cool tutorial my friend.
Now.....how about when the character is moving along a path ?
I have a character, moving along a path, with a standard walk cycle.
Im trying your method that aligns the weight to a particular leg however the results are wrong Smile
By stuckon3d - 11 Years Ago
NFTS.Games (4/25/2013)
Cool tutorial my friend.
Now.....how about when the character is moving along a path ?
I have a character, moving along a path, with a standard walk cycle.
Im trying your method that aligns the weight to a particular leg however the results are wrong Smile

Hi N G,
The sliding feet tutorial was meant for regular motion files. When you use motion paths for avatars, you are using looped cycles that are created in place and the path dictates the forward translation. In order to stop the foot sliding you will need to adjust the speed of the translation throughout the length of the path until you dont see any more sliding. There are a few tutorials out there that show you how to adjust walks on a path. IF you still need help after that, let me know and ill post one on you tube that it is more specify to your situation.

Cheers,

stuckon3d
By ziggy123 - 9 Years Ago
Hi There - happy new year and thank you for the tutorial.

I am interested in building a rope/fish line (seethrough) that is wrapped on a spool - the idea is when I pull the string/rope/line it will rotate the spool - any ideas on how to acheieve this?

Also, was wondering how to create a matrix of needles (Like the real-world ones that are used as a game in which one uses his/her hand by pushing needles in a matrix and leaving an "impression" of the hand into that box/device) and then having a magnet object that pulls or pushes the needles as it travels anlong that surface depending on polarity.

Thnaks in advance,
Sagi
By Paumanok West - 12 Years Ago
Wow, beautiful instruction--as always! Clears up the mysteries that have persisted for so many of us for *years* now. Smile

Glad I asked about this.
By wires - 12 Years Ago
Once again an excellent explaination that everyone can understand.

It's also very kind of you refraining from telling us how stupid and lazy we are.BigGrin

Happy 2012 Cris.

By krishnamaniayya - 12 Years Ago
amazing.... thank you......SmileSmileSmileSmile
By mark - 12 Years Ago
As always great tutes! Thanks!BigGrin
By animagic - 12 Years Ago
Thanks for the tutorial, Stuckon, and a happy new year for you and your family.

I now know a solution for a problem I wasn't even aware of... Blush

Thanks also to PW for bringing this up!

By yaRincewind - 12 Years Ago
Thank you :-)
By mjordy - 13 Years Ago
I agree with all of the above, Stuckon3D is a vital creative and inspirational resource for this forum and the Reallusion community. We're always looking forward to the newest Stuckon3D creations and tutorials. Thanks man.Wink
By sjonesdc - 13 Years Ago
Thanks Cris for your time and talent. Your tutorials have helped a lot of us in lowering the learning curve with iClone. Hopefully after your "Top Secret" project, you will return!!!!

But in the mean time, enjoy your family. The little ones grow up so fast and before you know it, they are out of their own.

By intrestNL - 13 Years Ago
Hi Stuckon3d,

Thank you so much for all your clear explanations even for not native English speakers so good to follow.

Are you setting up a class for iClone 5 also? How can I become a participant (if not IC5, than IC4 would be fine for me).

Regards,
Marjan
By stuckon3d - 12 Years Ago
Here is a quick tutorial on how to use null objects to prevent distortion from attached objects that have parents that are scaled non proportionally.

By The Mythical Dragon - 12 Years Ago
Thanks for the helpful tip! I hope you are having a great start to 2012! May it be your best year ever!

By nlprod1 - 12 Years Ago
Thanks Stuckon3D,

This illustration has certainly cleared up a lot for me. Many Thanks and wishing you continued success in 2012!Cool
By animagic - 13 Years Ago
I like to repeat my support for Stuckon's tutorials, they have greatly helped me. I hope we will still see the ones for iClone 5, as follow up of the excellent iClone 4 set.

I also hope others who benefited from Stuckon will continue to express their support. We need all the help we can get...

By Mike Hunt - 13 Years Ago
I'm glad you like tutorials and that they help you.
By The Mythical Dragon - 13 Years Ago
I would like to throw my two bits worth in.... Stuckon3d, you are by far the best animator in our community. Most of us greatly appreciate any tips and advice you share. No matter how good you are you will never be able to please everyone. Just remember that you have a lot of supporters in this community. A lot more supporters than haters and we are all greatly blessed because you share your expertise with us. I only wish I had the money to purchase all of your paid tutorials. Man.. the really good stuff I am missing just turns my stomach.

The Mythical Dragon (11/10/2011)
I would like to throw my two bits worth in.... Stuckon3d, you are by far the best animator in our community. Most of us greatly appreciate any tips and advice you share. No matter how good you are you will never be able to please everyone. Just remember that you have a lot of supporters in this community. A lot more supporters than haters and we are all greatly blessed because you share your expertise with us. I only wish I had the money to purchase all of your paid tutorials. Man.. the really good stuff I am missing just turns my stomach.

I have to agree with this BigGrin

Thank you everyone for your support, just to let you know i will release part two of the tutorial, i dont like leaving things incomplete, but after that im going to disappear for a while. Top secret project. Wink

Cheers,

Stuckon3d
stuckon3d (11/11/2011)
Thank you everyone for your support, just to let you know i will release part two of the tutorial, i dont like leaving things incomplete, but after that im going to disappear for a while. Top secret project. Wink

Cheers,

Stuckon3d

Ooooo... Top secret! Now I'm holding my breath. Whatever it is it will be awesome. You will be missed but we will be anxiously awaiting to see the final project!

Thanks for everything Stuckon3d!!!!

By toonarama - 13 Years Ago
Stuckon3d

Please don't make decisions based on the rantings of an ungrateful member of the community.

Your tutorials are invaluable providing a depth way beyond what is available in the official training material.

I am truly grateful for the amount of time and effort you put in and for your generosity in sharing your skills with the Iclone community

all the best

Toonarama

By wires - 13 Years Ago
Hi Cris,

Thanks again for all the time and effort that you invested in your freebies, they have been a great help to me - and I am sure many others.

I can fully understand you putting a stop to "feeding your ego", I'm just surprised that it didn't happen earlier. You have my respect for your decision.

Enjoy the time with your son.

By colour - 13 Years Ago
Forum Admin Message: Content removed as it broke forum rules. Insulting other forum members is not allowed. Please refer to the Forum Rules HERE.
has nothing to do with his ability to make tutorials, it has to do with how he treats others. 
By Peter (RL) - 13 Years Ago
Please can we all show respect to other forum users. This thread is an invaluable resource for iClone users and any replies should be on-topic and about Cris's excellent tutorials.

Please keep personal feelings out of this thread. Thank you.

By colour - 13 Years Ago
colour (11/10/2011)
Forum Admin Message: Content removed as it broke forum rules. Insulting other forum members is not allowed. Please refer to the Forum Rules HERE.

Maybe the Forum Adminstrator should have removed only the alledged insulting remarks & left the relevant ones, supporting Cris's TutorialsWink.

ThanksSmile

By bingo777 - 13 Years Ago
Thanks for great freebie,Stuckon3d!
This is my first video that used Ragdoll.

【CG】Tiger Attack KING TUT

http://youtu.be/dcOfDeQU8kc
Attention! Brutal scene is included.but I think it's comedy.

bingo777

bingo777 (11/6/2011)
Thanks for great freebie,Stuckon3d!
This is my first video that used Ragdoll.

【CG】Tiger Attack KING TUT

http://youtu.be/dcOfDeQU8kc
Attention! Brutal scene is included.but I think it's comedy.

bingo777

Looking good bingo777. Smile Dont forget you can use the stabilizers to readjust the arched back after you do the sim. Thanks for sharing your progress. Wink
You know what, you are right, thank you for showing me the errors of my way, this sharing thing that i'm doing just to feed my ego has got to stop. And it will! God knows my son will be so happy about that. No more calling me from down stair asking for more play time with daddy while im doing these selfish tutorials here just so i can feed my ego. Ermm
By animagic - 13 Years Ago
By nostalgia - 13 Years Ago
Animagic, you are absolutely right!
Stuckon, don't listen to Mad.
There are a lot people that learned from you,
(just like I do) and we are all very thankful.
Again, thanks for all the time you spend,
for making these great tutorials!
By gizmo - 13 Years Ago
Well I for one would love to see part two. Please also let us know when your next commercial training tuts are available. Cheers. Four years of iClone and I'm still learning something everyday.
I would also very much like to see part 2. You are the master stuckon3d and I very much appreciate all the tips and advice you share with us!

@ Gizmo and the mystical dragon

Thanks guys, and I'm sorry i was not clear with my statement about part 2 of the tutorial, what i meant was that when i post it on youtube (when i get some spare time), it is going to be password protected. So if you want to watch it, just request it via pm and i will send you the password. Wink
By shug17uk - 13 Years Ago
phew!

I am sure I am not alone when I thought we'd lost you for good. A scary thought!

Thank you for your videos past and future.

By Tukie - 13 Years Ago
Thank you very much Stuckon!

You make very good work

TukieSmile

By wires - 13 Years Ago
Many thanks Cris for all the time you spend helping us.

Having the tutorials password protected is an excellent idea, Cool it prevents users from feeling that they are being forced to watch them in order to post their negative garbage and complaints.Whistling

kvpictures1 (11/2/2011)
Just finished following your tutorials, very easy to follow thankyou.

Just one question, do we need to re-rig the avatars to the dolls each time or can they be saved as an avatar or something to keep them intact for loading in different projects?

Thanks again for your great teachingSmile

Unfortunately the rig will not save with the avatar on it or vice-versa , however you could save a blank scene file with all your rag doll rigs linked and keep it as a template, and then just delete the ones you don't use or need and start your new scene from there. Also if you have a set like a street and such , dont forget you can save that as a 3d scene and bring over to that template file, and then save that scene with a different name and you are good to go. Wink

Hope this helped,

Stuckon3d
This is tutorial on how to match motions that were recorded or animated with different root node orientations. Enjoy! Smile

By Paumanok West - 13 Years Ago
Great stuff as usual, Cris--and so relevant!

I think you may have rushed a detail near the end, because apparently you saved the aligned clip without saying so? Maybe there's too much pressure to get it done quick? Tongue

I feel that the imaginary bed he's getting into looks rather high. I wanted to see if others thought so, too.

Let's say that we agree it's too high. Can you say in a few words how you would modify the motion for a lower bed?

Thanks as always. How lucky we are to get these guides for free. w00t
Paumanok West (11/3/2011)
Great stuff as usual, Cris--and so relevant!

I think you may have rushed a detail near the end, because apparently you saved the aligned clip without saying so? Maybe there's too much pressure to get it done quick? Tongue

I feel that the imaginary bed he's getting into looks rather high. I wanted to see if others thought so, too.

Let's say that we agree it's too high. Can you say in a few words how you would modify the motion for a lower bed?

Thanks as always. How lucky we are to get these guides for free. w00t

Hey Mitch,
thanks, and btw i did saved it , i have a two monitor set up and save menu appeared on the second one. If you watch carefully you can see the saving icon pop in and out.

To answer your question about lowering the "climb to bed" motion , just add a couple of transform keyframes at the begining of the motion. first key at frame 50 with no changes, just add key, the second key at frame 100 and lower him on the z axis(make sure you have foot contact on. Then select the key and add a transition curve easy in/out.

hope this helped,

Stuckon3d
BristolDuncan (11/2/2011)
stuckon3d (11/2/2011)
i would like to leave you with one last word of advice regarding using the rag doll since there will not be a part 2 tutorial

???

Do you mean not for a while? I'm being totally self centered here I know, your tutorials are AWESOME I sincerely hope you find time for more.

Hi BD,
If i have a little more spare time i might do part 2 but it will only be available via request ones i let people know it is ready. And by that i mean the youtube tutorial will be password protected. So just PM me with a request for the password. Wink

Cheers,

Stuckon3d
By kvpictures1 - 13 Years Ago
stuckon3d (11/2/2011)

Unfortunately the rig will not save with the avatar on it or vice-versa , however you could save a blank scene file with all your rag doll rigs linked and keep it as a template, and then just delete the ones you don't use or need and start your new scene from there. Also if you have a set like a street and such , dont forget you can save that as a 3d scene and bring over to that template file, and then save that scene with a different name and you are good to go. Wink

Hope this helped,

Stuckon3d

Thankyou, much appreciatedBigGrin
Super tutorial, many thanks Chris for thisSmile
By mark - 13 Years Ago
RAG DOLL!!! RAG DOLL!!! Ooops we got it..OH MY!!!! THANKS CRIS, AWESOME TUTs!!!BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin
Thanks everyone for the comments and i would like to leave you with one last word of advice regarding using the rag doll since there will not be a part 2 tutorial . The rig was meant to be used without the avatar being attached to it while doing the simulation. This will give you more accurate results and makes it easier to transition from motion clip to sim and back. Enjoy! Smile
Thanks Stuckon3D, your tutorials are truly appreciated ! Cool
By MrStockboto - 13 Years Ago
stuckon3d (11/2/2011)
i would like to leave you with one last word of advice regarding using the rag doll since there will not be a part 2 tutorial

???

Do you mean not for a while? I'm being totally self centered here I know, your tutorials are AWESOME I sincerely hope you find time for more.
Just finished following your tutorials, very easy to follow thankyou.

Just one question, do we need to re-rig the avatars to the dolls each time or can they be saved as an avatar or something to keep them intact for loading in different projects?

Thanks again for your great teachingSmile
stuckon3d (10/31/2011)
Mad_Poet (10/31/2011)
once a ragdoll rig is built, is there a way to save it so that it can be used over again in different projects?

Update: went back and saw stuck's zip file for chuck_RD, downloaded and placed in a new folder within the iProps template folders; however, when attempting to drag it to the scene, i receive the following error:Failed to load the file. If this is a .vns file please switch to the Props page and try again.

Either way, can't get it a ragdoll to save and reuse in other projects...

Hi mp,
Try this:
First thing, and I'm sorry to sound obvious but sometimes people forget, did you unzipped it?
Second, Did you unzipped it into your custom prop folder? (never mind this one )
Third , make sure to be in the "prop" tab when you drag it into the scene.
Fourth, try unzipping it on your desktop , then drag it into the scene while you are on the "prop" tab.

If none of these things work please let me know. Btw is anyone else having problems loading the files? Please let me know .

Cheers,
Stuckon3d

None of those options worked.  Looks like a bad file.

By shug17uk - 13 Years Ago
Hello,

I am getting the same error and I have tried all your suggestions just in case.

cheers

shug17
Sorry guys, i dont know what to tell you on this, i just downloaded the files, unzip them on my desktop, and dragged them into the scene while being under the set/props tabs. and it worked fine. Which operating system are you on and which iclone 5 version do you have?

By Sen - 13 Years Ago
Make sur your iclone is 5.01 , perhaps .Work fine for me .
Sen (10/31/2011)

Good point Sen. Thank you. Smile
stuckon3d (10/31/2011)
Sen (10/31/2011)

Good point Sen. Thank you. Smile

It was the patch that did it. It works now for me as well.

By Sen - 13 Years Ago
Hi

thanks for this Wink . Great demo
By sal of salmar productions - 13 Years Ago
Another wonderful job.....Thanks Cris.
By Bigboss - 13 Years Ago
Great Tutorial Chris! Much appreciated... Smile
By warlord720 - 13 Years Ago
Very nice!
once a ragdoll rig is built, is there a way to save it so that it can be used over again in different projects? 

Update:  went back and saw stuck's zip file for chuck_RD, downloaded and placed in a new folder within the iProps template folders; however, when attempting to drag it to the scene, i receive the following error: Failed to load the file.  If this is a .vns file please switch to the Props page and try again.

Mad_Poet (10/31/2011)

Update: went back and saw stuck's zip file for chuck_RD, downloaded and placed in a new folder within the iProps template folders; however, when attempting to drag it to the scene, i receive the following error:Failed to load the file. If this is a .vns file please switch to the Props page and try again.

Hi mp,
Try this:
First thing, and I'm sorry to sound obvious but sometimes people forget, did you unzipped it?
Second, Did you unzipped it into your custom prop folder? (never mind this one )
Third , make sure to be in the "prop" tab when you drag it into the scene.
Fourth, try unzipping it on your desktop , then drag it into the scene while you are on the "prop" tab.

If none of these things work please let me know. Btw is anyone else having problems loading the files? Please let me know .

Cheers,
Stuckon3d

Yep, absolutely fantastic--both the iClone functionality AND the instruction. You certainly did a great job in keeping the tute flowing smoothly without distractions or errors.

(By the way, you answered the questions I was trying to pose about foot sliding.)

What a wonderful showcase to remind people how much everybody was positively raving over your iClone 4 tutes. Tongue

Question: once you break a clip, but your playhead has afterwards been positioned somewhere else, how can you be sure when you get the playhead right at start of the break?

If your tutes come out on DVD, that would be an awesome way to learn!

Thanks again!
Paumanok West (10/20/2011)
Yep, absolutely fantastic--both the iClone functionality AND the instruction. You certainly did a great job in keeping the tute flowing smoothly without distractions or errors.

(By the way, you answered the questions I was trying to pose about foot sliding.)

What a wonderful showcase to remind people how much everybody was positively raving over your iClone 4 tutes. Tongue

Question: once you break a clip, but your playhead has afterwards been positioned somewhere else, how can you be sure when you get the playhead right at start of the break?

If your tutes come out on DVD, that would be an awesome way to learn!

Thanks again!

Thanks guys!

@mitch

Just move the timeline slider in the vicinity of the break and then using the plus key zoom all then way in, then you can easily snap to the begining of the break.

Cheer, stuckon3d
By larryjbiz - 13 Years Ago
That was a great Tut on the foot slide / realign.

Thank you

Stuckon

I did notice if you turn off alignment under animation, before you load your movement clip to your character. the animation is aligned to the direction your characters facing, with no need to set up the dummy prop to realign.

I see there is a caveat to my previuos post. You can realign your character motion direction in the scene by unchecking align actor motion.  But if you want to attach another motion to the extisting clip, you lose the position alignment of the character to the previous motion.

so if it's a single motion. A quick fix to change the character direction and still have the motion align correctly is to un check align actor motion before loading the motion clip.

But if you have different motions that you are going to be joining and want to change the character direction, then Stuckon's fix is the way to go with the dummy attachment.

Did that make sense.

That's why I don't do tutorials

Thanks

Here is part one for the rag doll rig set up. Part 2 will be coming soon. Enjoy! Smile

Cheers,

Stuckon3d

PS: I added the ragdolls already built in such a way so that you can added them to any scene. All you have to do is a simple re linking as demonstrated on the second video on this post. (to be uploaded soon) Just add them into a custom prop folder.

Extremely useful tutorial, and one for me to favourite as I will be referring to it when working on my projects, thanks alotBigGrin
By Jen Arrow - 13 Years Ago
Very good and helpful Tutorial!
Thanks
By Illustrator Cathy - 13 Years Ago
w00t FANTASTIC tutorial! I'll add it to the Wiki tonight!

Cathy Hehe

By gizmo - 13 Years Ago
Cheers stuckon. I knew 'some' about the leg align, etc., but the tut's prop/character procedure at the end . . . a real gem. Thank you.
Thank you everyone for the kind comments. I also want to point out that other than using the new flag feature, everything that i did in the sliding feet tutorial can be done in iclone 4 as well(just the menus are little different). Of course in iclone 5 you will be able to do so much more with the new tools and the way you can combined them. My Iclone 5 video training series will cover these in way you never thought possible as well as show you real world applications for them. Coming out this Christmas season. And the live classes sooner than that. Wink

Cheers,

Stuckon3d
By mark - 13 Years Ago
Once again...AWESOME!!! Thanks Cris BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin
As always, very interresting!
Sweet stuckon3d....thanks.
Here is a quick tutorial to avoid sliding feet. Enjoy! Smile

Thanks stuckon3d, another excellent and very useful tutorial.

That was very powerful info that i have never seen explained this way before. Thanks again for taking the time to share with us! Cool
For me, this was one of the most important tutorials I have seen to-date - I wish I knew this along time ago. Thanks so much stuckon3d (Cris). Have a wonderful day.
Stuckon3d,

Sorry to be impatient! I really understand your explanations and i apologize.

Otherwise, are you planning to write and sell a training pack on all features of iClone 5 ?

Thanks again

Jen

stuckon3d (10/11/2011)
Hi Jen,
the tutorial is not out yet, please remember i do this on my spare time, and in that spare time i have to allocate time for my family, as well as making the iclone 5 video training series, as well as doing the freebie tutorials. And i have to fit all of this in the only 3 hours I have left in a day, after putting a ten to twelve hour day at my full-time job (which is working on animated feature films). Trust me, im trying to move as fast as i can, and i will release the tut as soon as i can, but I can only do so much per day. So thank you for your enthusiasm and kind comments about my art gallery. I can see you are very eager to learn and you are hungry for knowledge, i will do my best to get that tut out. Wink

Cheers,

Stuckon3d

Cris take as long as you need, there is never a rush and we fully understand Smile

By toonarama - 13 Years Ago
I've just discovered your tutorials and am so grateful for them - they are invaluable
here is a little teaser of the tutorial for the ragdoll set up.

Great stuff Cris Smile
woot w00t
By wires - 13 Years Ago
Great tutorials, as usual.Smile Thanks Cris, can't wait for the new series.
How did I miss this?  Thanks Cris BigGrin
He's a cutie Cris!!!
Be careful, The Boss may just say in calculus!
Has Stuckon3d's connecting rag doll tutorial been yet posted in another place?

Thanks for an answer

Jen Arrow (10/11/2011)
Has Stuckon3d's connecting rag doll tutorial been yet posted in another place?

Thanks for an answer

Hi Jen,
the tutorial is not out yet, please remember i do this on my spare time, and in that spare time i have to allocate time for my family, as well as making the iclone 5 video training series, as well as doing the freebie tutorials. And i have to fit all of this in the only 3 hours I have left in a day, after putting a ten to twelve hour day at my full-time job (which is working on animated feature films). Trust me, im trying to move as fast as i can, and i will release the tut as soon as i can, but I can only do so much per day. So thank you for your enthusiasm and kind comments about my art gallery. I can see you are very eager to learn and you are hungry for knowledge, i will do my best to get that tut out. Wink

Cheers,

Stuckon3d
By duchess110 - 13 Years Ago
Very good tutorials. It amazes me how you manage to work it all out.

Look forward to release of main tutorials.

Will we be able to purchase the wmv files direct as I do not use skype anymore so could not attend any classes.

If this is possible a guide on how many tuts and at what cost per Category.

By hutchartwork - 13 Years Ago
Has Stuckon3d's tutorial on how to connect the rag doll (downloaded with the playground) to an avatar already been posted elsewhere? Or will it be posted on this thread?
By brystudio - 13 Years Ago
Thank you so much stuckon for this tutorial it will come in very handy in future vids i doBigGrin
Thanks to everyone for your kind comments, the final ragdoll chapter is coming out this weekend. I hope. Tongue

Cheers,

Stuckon3d
By gizmo - 13 Years Ago
Really looking forward to this. Cheers Stuckon.
Stuckon3d,

I took a look on your ART GALLERY and I can say:

"The way is... not only... in training" but also in talent!

Thanks for the way we can learn in seeing your works.

Jenarrow

By yaRincewind - 13 Years Ago
Thank you Cris. As allways, great :-)
By Wolfzone Digital - 13 Years Ago
Great tut Cris.

Thanks

Excellent tutorial, can't wait for the next one!

By LRS3d - 13 Years Ago
Thankyou greatly,

just getting back into iClone,

looking forward to the ragdoll tute!!

Thanks Cris - great as always - really appreciate it.
By gizmo - 13 Years Ago
Cheers stuckon. I appreciate the time and effort you've put into all the tutorials.
colour (9/29/2011)
Chip off the old block?Wink

Yeah, can wait til he is the one telling me: "daddy, your drag coefficient is too high with objects with that mass, they will surely not have enough inertia to move a cross the ground with those friction numbers either" Tongue
stuckon3d (9/29/2011)
Sorry guys, i was going to post the tutorial today but the boss of me, wanted some daddy play time, which means dropping bowling pins and boxes from the sky in iclone 5 while a horsey runs around pushing them around, so tutorial has been postponed until tomorrow. Who can say no to this little guy. Not me that is for sure. BigGrin

And rightly so!  Family has always been number 1 for me so fully understand, take as long as you need BigGrin

By W.VEEKE - 13 Years Ago
hEY,

how can a ugly daddy have such a wonderfull boy. Great picture!!
By afterThought - 13 Years Ago
Goodness, Cris! He's grown up so much! Smile

Thank you for the inspiration with your tutorials - you continue to open my eyes to new possibilities. Looking forward to your iC5 tutorials - you know I'm there!
Thank you guys. Smile Here is tutorial 2. Dont forget you watch it in HD Smile

Added to the Wiki!

Thanks Cris!

Cathy Hehe
Don't tease!!!

I know that it's early, but will you offer online tutorials???? if so, I'll be therew00t
By boris.degenhardt - 13 Years Ago
Hi,
thanks alot for the playground, im also looking forward for the next tuts Wink...I tried to find your iC4 Tutorialpack to buy it, but i cannot find it, can someone post a link?

Best regards
Boris
By moseswong - 13 Years Ago
Anyhow, tutorial number 2 is on the way. Stay tune!

Cheers,

Stuckon3d

Thanks Chris. You're amazing! I'm eagerly looking forward to you iClone 5 Tutorial bundle. Do you have any idea when it would be available?
Sorry guys, i was going to post the tutorial today but the boss of me, wanted some daddy play time, which means dropping bowling pins and boxes from the sky in iclone 5 while a horsey runs around pushing them around, so tutorial has been postponed until tomorrow. Who can say no to this little guy. Not me that is for sure. BigGrin

By Galfridus - 13 Years Ago
You made absolutely the right decision SO3D. Thanks for sharing the pic. Enjoy the little chap while you can as, all too soon, he will be fully Iclone compatible for himself.Smile

Geoff.

By colour - 13 Years Ago
Chip off the old block?Wink
By Galfridus - 13 Years Ago
Thanks very much indeed Stuckon3D for the "playground" project file and the tut.

Geoff.

Cris you are a legend, cannot wait for tutorial 2 w00t
Capemedia (9/27/2011)

How about Cris "I Am Legend" Threedee. I like the sound of that. Hehe
Paumanok West (9/27/2011)
Capemedia (9/27/2011)

How about Cris "I Am Legend" Threedee. I like the sound of that. Hehe

Whatever does it for you Tongue

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments but im really not worthy of those titles. How about:

" I am Stuckon3d so you dont have to be" Wink
By txon - 13 Years Ago
Fantástico tutorial maestro
By thebiz.movies - 13 Years Ago
Great info.  Thanks!
By Rampa - 13 Years Ago
I'll hazard a guess. I would try it first, but I'm having some issues with the registration server. I suppose its pretty flooded tonight, and I'm stuck with a shabby dial-up connection. Better luck tomorrow at work.

I would guess that its similar to clone bone in that each "rag doll" joint needs to be attached to the corresponding bone in the avatar skeleton.

Great work, thanks for doing it!Smile
Here is a little teaser on tutorial two, to help you better understand the ragdoll rig. Smile

By Mel H - 13 Years Ago
Thank you very much
By 3DStory - 13 Years Ago
Thanks Stuckon3d,

As always, EXCELLENT tutorials. They really save time learning the new features.

Thanks a lot!
By moviechick - 13 Years Ago
Chris thanks for all you do!!! I don't know what you are like in your life outside iClone, but if you are anything like you are inside the iClone community ... Well you are extraordinary!!! You are such a good teacher. 
Cris always gets rave reviews for his incredible tutorials.

If you have iClone 5, you really owe it to yourself to invest in his tutes when they appear, (and Warlord's forthcoming book, too).
By hutchartwork - 13 Years Ago
Stuckon3d, I am speechless with amazement! w00t Thanks ever so much for this FANTASTIC freebie! The rag doll (even when unattached to an iClone character) falls, tumbles, crashes and topples over like the real thing! Keep up the GREAT WORK! We're very much looking forward to the details on how to attach it to an iClone character! Thanks again!!!!
Thanks so much Cris - I've already put your tutorial up on the Wiki!

Cathy Hehe
Wonderful as usual, Cris...Thank-you.
Thanks a lot, Cris!!!
I would like to thank everyone for the great feedback and comments, the ragdoll tut is coming , but first there is one more tutorial i need to teach before the ragdoll one because that is an intermediate/advance tutorial. I want you guys to learn some of the basics first, which are need it to make the ragdoll work.
Remember that this first version of Iclone 5 was not meant to have this capability, but being the rebel that I am, I came up with this workaround solution. BigGrin Anyhow, tutorial number 2 is on the way. Stay tune!

Cheers,

Stuckon3d