CTA Training DVD - Now Available

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic84812.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Peter (RL) - 13 Years Ago

Now Available with 30% discount for Premium Members. Just login to your account to get this incredible training DVD for this special members only price. Please click the images above for more information.

Download Version Now Available

By peteradam6 - 13 Years Ago
Looks great! How many of these are unique to the DVD?
Definitely not getting my discount at the checkout, even though I'm logged in. The Members discount link just goes to usual login. Nothing seems to be affected in the Checkout after login. I tried it in Firefox and Chrome, no results in either. Is there a discount code we need to enter?
Hi Peter

To get the discounted price please do the following:

1) Login to your Account

2) Select Bonus & Upgrade for your version of CTA.

3) On the next page scroll down a little and you will see the DVD listed at the discounted price.

4) Click Add To Cart and the correct price should now be shown in your cart.

I just tested this and it worked fine in Internet Explorer so the method above should work. Smile

Thanks, I got through in the end - but $16 for postage was a big deal-breaker on a $20 item. You need to offer a download torrent for this.
peteradam6 (6/10/2011)
Thanks, I got through in the end - but $16 for postage was a big deal-breaker on a $20 item. You need to offer a download torrent for this.

Sadly while it is possible to offer discounts and special offers on products, postage costs are really out of Reallusion's control. Unfortunately a download version isn't planned at present but it will certainly be considered if there is enough demand for it.

By modman - 13 Years Ago
I want to purchase the CrazyTalk Animator Training DVD but do not want the shipping option because I live in Australia. Your shipping charges for the DVD to Australia are really expensive ($36 AUD for Standard Postal Mail, $94 AUD for DHL International).

Can you please offer a download option? Smile

Thanks

Modman.
By yaRincewind - 13 Years Ago
Another vote for a downloadoption.
By RoGrie - 13 Years Ago
Hi,
it is the same for Gemany, a download version is highly recomended
best regards
RoGrie
By padrie - 13 Years Ago
Please give us a download option.Also for the dutch members

Tank you

padrie

By modman - 13 Years Ago
Tutor and REALLUSION: Hopefully, as you can see from the few posts on page 1 of this thread - there is demand for a download version of the training DVD. Hope this is enough to convince you, if not, then I'm sure you'll get more request's here shortly BigGrin

Thanks,

Modman
By AverageJoe - 13 Years Ago
Does this DVD cover any new ground, or is it merely a re-hashing of the video tutorials already available for this application?
By brothertcoleman - 13 Years Ago
Does this DVD cover any new ground, or is it merely a re-hashing of the video tutorials already available for this application?

I would like to know the same thing because I compiled all of the videos available(iclone,CrazyTalk and  CrazyTalkAnimator )already from Youtube onto my computer.

Looking closely I didn't see any video thats not available already, but I may be wrong.

wizaerd (6/13/2011)

The Training DVD contains the previously released tutorials but in high quality HD versions. There are also three exclusive to the DVD tutorials. These take you through complete project creation step by step.

As well as the videos you also have all the content you see in the tutorials so you can recreate exactly what you see on the screen. This is made up of 33 SWF files, 3 characters, 3 projects, 15 graphic images and 1 AVI. The DVD also includes the manual and reference card in PDF format.

Hope this helps. Smile

By parmin_rock - 13 Years Ago
Yea..give us DOWNLOAD option from user's of MALAYSIA !!!
By mthomas668 - 13 Years Ago
I was very keen to buy this but reading the posts about the postage costs well that's a deal breaker.

Please, please, please create a downloadable version - surely for your tech heads it should be very easy to do.

I vote downloadable!w00t

By rgathje - 13 Years Ago
  I live in Florida and the shipping would eat up the discount plus a few dollars. It would be nice to have the download.
By jaakay - 13 Years Ago
Please could you add the UK to your list of people requesting download copies. The postage is excessive.
Thank you all for your feedback. All you requests will be taken into serious consideration. Smile
By erikger - 13 Years Ago
to order the dvd from vienna (austria) the postage costs are also forgetable

so please also ad austria to the wishlist for downloadversion

thank you very much
By Duncanduncan - 13 Years Ago
I would like a download option available for convenience and monetary reason.
thanks!
By royblumenthal - 13 Years Ago
Hello...

Yes please! I also need a download option! We live in the world of digital nowadays. No reason for the postal service at all for stuff like this.

I live in South Africa, and the postage is more expensive than the DVD.

Blue skies
Roy
Thanks for all your feedback regarding the CTA Training DVD. All your requests for a download version will be taken into consideration. Smile
By ingie01 - 13 Years Ago
I would like a download version of this cd. Money should motivate. I'm willing to pay for a downloadable version vs. mail order.
By Davoid - 13 Years Ago
another vote for a download version
By aidanodr - 13 Years Ago
Having looked at the training DVD pages here:

http://www.reallusion.com/event/11-crazytalk_animator_training_dvd/6Tutorial.html

Look at the screenshots. All are pretty much available FREE on youtube already. Apparently their is only 2 "exclusive" videos to the DVD.

I am sure if REALUSION produced a unique comprehensive training dvd for CTA there customers would feel very appreciative AND Reallusion could charge more.

Rehashing FREE videos onto another format smacks of a cheap try on, that Reallusion "couldnt be bothered". To be honest, higher resolution and some extra content does not justify a purchase. Add to this the fact it is not available as a download. In the main all software and training is now available as a download.

I also use 3D apps, particularly MODO - www.luxology.com - they have seen the value of proper training resources both free and paid for.

FREE - http://www.luxology.com/tv/
PAID - http://www.luxology.com/store/training_videos/index.aspx

RL should be grown up enough to take this critique BigGrin

Aidan

By moviechick - 13 Years Ago
OK .... I ordered the DVD on Oct 29th and yesterday I get an email telling me they are out of stock!!!! Just a smidge frustrated :-// Just another great reason to have a download link. The email from Element 5 didn't say it would be mailed when they were back in stock or not. Anybody else get this notice?

Moviechick
moviechick (11/4/2011)
OK .... I ordered the DVD on Oct 29th and yesterday I get an email telling me they are out of stock!!!! Just a smidge frustrated :-// Just another great reason to have a download link. The email from Element 5 didn't say it would be mailed when they were back in stock or not. Anybody else get this notice?

Moviechick

Sorry to hear that moviechick. I will check to see when future stock will be available and report back. Please accept our apologies for the disappointment this has caused.

By Peter (RL) - 12 Years Ago
I'm very pleased to let you all know that we listened and a download version of the CrazyTalk Animator Training DVD is now available. Please click HERE to find out more and to purchase.
By kowinator - 12 Years Ago
ok, purchased it, downloaded it... one very very very minor thing though:

WHY DO THE VIDEOS NOT PLAY?

This really makes me sick, because I have the feeling of being fooled by you. I installed it (why the hell do you need to install a DVD?????) and I get the menu but the damn thing won't play.

I'm really thinking about asking for a refund:

Beware, people, I think it's not worth buying!
By Peter (RL) - 12 Years Ago
kowinator (2/12/2012)
ok, purchased it, downloaded it... one very very very minor thing though:

WHY DO THE VIDEOS NOT PLAY?

This really makes me sick, because I have the feeling of being fooled by you. I installed it (why the hell do you need to install a DVD?????) and I get the menu but the damn thing won't play.

I'm really thinking about asking for a refund:

Beware, people, I think it's not worth buying!

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the Training DVD.

I can assure you that Training DVD does work but there may some system specific issue that is preventing the playing of the videos.

First thing to ensure is that you have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed. If that does not make any difference then please contact our Technical Support department using the link below. They will be able to help you get this resolved as quickly as possible.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

By yaRincewind - 12 Years Ago
The videos do play fine. Even on my old Galaxy Tab.

You did realize that the training DVD isn't meant to be played in a DVD Player? So also your DVD Software will not play it. Actually you only need Flash installed. The Windows Mediaplayer should do the rest. If this one broken, simply download VLC from videolan.org VLC plays them also very fine without any problems.
By kowinator - 12 Years Ago
yaRincewind (2/13/2012)
The videos do play fine. Even on my old Galaxy Tab.

You should add that they do play fine for you. I did not put them in any DVD player (how should I do that, it comes as an installation...)

I also did not attempt to play the files with DVD software.

Finally I simply located the program folder and played the video files from there using VLC.

And yes, I do have the latest Flash player installed. It would have been much easier to simply create a somewhat (X)HTML based menu and link the files from there instead of this installation stuff (for training videos!!!!) - Tells me that I'm probably not gonna buy some additional training stuff from RealLusion (the core products however are great)
By yaRincewind - 12 Years Ago
Oh, I did overread you are able to play the files manually. Sorry about that.

It would have been much easier to simply create a somewhat (X)HTML based menu and link the files from there instead of this installation stuff (for training videos!!!!)

Totally agree with this one. The future is HTML5.
By kimpen - 12 Years Ago
hello, I can't play DVD training as well, hve updated my Adobe Flash Player.. opened Training screen, click on topic. NOTHING. hve updated to AFP 11. somthing...
Still nothing?
Any advice would be appreciated!
By kimpen - 12 Years Ago
[quote]kimpen (9/20/2012)
hello, I can't play DVD training as well, hve updated my Adobe Flash Player.. opened Training screen, click on topic. NOTHING. hve updated to AFP 11. somthing...
Still nothing?
Any advice would be appreciated![/quote

ok, it doesn't work on Flash, but maybe what I found may help others in my amateur understanding of computer knowhow..

Goto file location and open individual files locate the MP4 and use yr other video programs (I use my real player) to view videos.
Hope this helps Smile
By Askjerry - 12 Years Ago
I insert the DVD, the software starts... I can see the training menu. I click on "How-to Tutorial" and a sub-menu opens up. I click "Intro to Smart Animation" and on the right I see the description for the video along with a thumbnail.

I click the thumbnail... nothing. Angry
The disk does not spin up, nothing plays.

I click "Basic Puppeteering 1: Slider Control"
The right side changes with another thumbnail and description.
I click the thumbnail... nothing.

Same with ALL the items in the menu. Angry

So I give up trying to use the stupid software on the DVD... [color=#FF0000]IT DOES NOT WORK[/color].

Go to the root of the DVD and you have...
- data
- fscommand
- images
- PDF
- Project_Files
- video

Click on the directory "Video"
In here you will find 3 directories... "Exclusive", "How_to", and "Introductory"

Introductory

Create_Custom_Scene.mp4
Create_Simple_Walking_Animation.mp4
Customize_Your_Avatar_Style.mp4
Import_CT6_Character_into_Animator.mp4
Import_Custom_Media_and_3D_Export.mp4
Turn_Your_Photo_into_Animated_Character.mp4

How_To

- Actor_Creation
Advanced_Fitting_1_Shortlimbed_Characters.mp4
Advanced_Fitting_2_4_Legged_Creatures.mp4
Advanced_Fitting_3_Bringing_Toys_to_Life.mp4
Character_Composer.mp4
Detailed_Body_Photo_Fitting.mp4
Intro_to_Actor_Creation.mp4

- Content_Library
Character_Composition_and_Customization.mp4
Intro_to_Content_Inventory.mp4

- CrazyTalk6
Create_a_Voice_Script.mp4
Custom_Facial_Features_Eyes.mp4
Custom_Facial_Features_Mouth.mp4
Detailed_Face_Photo_Fitting.mp4
Face_Profile_and_Orientation.mp4
Realtime_Facial_Puppeteering.mp4

- Production_Environment
Advanced_Timeline_Editing.mp4
Advanced_Timeline_Inserting_Frames_and_Timeline_Shifting.mp4
Advanced_Timeline_Using_Layer_Keys.mp4
Basic_Timeline_Animation.mp4
Camera_and_3D_View.mp4
Intro_to_Production_Environment.mp4
Intro_to_Timeline.mp4

- Render_Output
Intro_to_Render_and_Output.mp4

- Smart_Animation
Basic_Puppeteering_1_Slider_Control.mp4
Basic_Puppeteering_2_Mouse_Control.mp4
Basic_Puppeteering_3_Masking_Puppeteering_Motions.mp4
Creating_Voice_Scripts.mp4
Intro_to_Smart_Animation.mp4
Montage_Scene_Animation.mp4
Morph_and_Sprite_based_Animation.mp4
Motion_Key_Editor.mp4
Realtime_Full_Body_Puppeteering.mp4

- Stage_and_SFX
Composing_Props_from_Flash_Components.mp4
Intro_to_Stage_and_SFX.mp4
iProp_Action_Menu_and_Sprite_Library.mp4

Exclusive
Creating_a_Dream_Sequence.mp4
Linking_and_Puppeteering_in_Scene_Animation.mp4
Rearranging_Faces_and_Using_SFX.mp4

Click on any of the MP4 video files to play them directly. If your system won't play them then I would suggest VLC Media player, it's free and it plays just about anything. Plus it has hotkeys so you can jump to full screen, etc.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

So at least you can watch the videos... not the best solution... but it will work for you.

Jerry
By fblawat - 11 Years Ago
So what IS the best solution for users of Windows XP with Windows Media Player v11 that cannot play any of these .mp4 files? Yes, I can play .mp4 with VLC but I am not in the mood to go searching for the correct order of these videos.

I really really wish RL used a different format or made sure these .mp4 would play on Windows XP systems first.