3DXchange Freezing

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic76213.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By ribeirda - 13 Years Ago
Last week, I formatted my computer due to a virus infection and had to reinstall iClone, 3DXchange etc.

I'm having issues now with importing .skp files (this is all I have tried so far) in 3DXChange. The application itself just freezes as it tries to import. I cannot get any further.

Any guidance?
By planetstardragon - 13 Years Ago
hard call to make because it could be a variety of things ....my 3DX sometimes freezes but it's usually related to how some models are designed in sketchup . I also get freezes and crashes when I try to load too many files back to back ...like when Im comparing models and going ..."Nah, next" I suspect there may be a memory leak there too, but I'm not sure how to go about proving it yet.

another thing that can cause it , is if you are using some new firewall or protection that is preventing it from executing correctly - which has also happened to me, and I had to set up permissions as some of these new protection softwares get a little carried away.

I'd do a routine updating of video drivers / flash / java etc ..just to make sure nothing else is going on in the background thats conflicting with 3DX - maybe review what other programs you have starting up with your system that may be causing trouble as well, my first guess though is something 3rd party, simply because you can start up the program, I don't recall reading many issues with 3DX bugs like that, so I am assuming it's something 3rd party thats preventing 3dX from functioning properly.~ Good luck.
By ribeirda - 13 Years Ago
I reinstalled 3DXChange from scratch. Looks like it did the trick!
By planetstardragon - 13 Years Ago
ahh, great - first I ever read of a bad install with 3DX ...congrats!!