Classic Content Packs For CrazyTalk Animator

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic69546.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Peter (RL) - 14 Years Ago

Five classic content packs from previous versions of CrazyTalk have now been repacked for use in CrazyTalk Animator. They are available from the Content Store now or for existing purchasers of these packs, you will soon receive an email with an offer to upgrade to the new versions. Smile

By power - 14 Years Ago
Hi Peter:

Any update regarding this?

TIA

Cool
Hi Power..

I will check on Monday to see when the emails will be going out and update here. Smile

By safegaard - 14 Years Ago
Hi Peter.
Sounds great Smile
By AverageJoe - 14 Years Ago
Peter, any news for those of us who've already purchased these packs once already?
wizaerd (12/6/2010)
Peter, any news for those of us who've already purchased these packs once already?

Should hopefully know something soon now. Please accept my apologies for the delay.

Just a further update. I believe the plan is to send the emails out with a combo pack offer once the next batch of converted packs are available which should be later this month.
By m1ke - 14 Years Ago
Peter - are you saying we will have to buy the packs purchased for CT6 again ... that those packs are now totally redundant and can't/won't be carried forward?

I sincerely hope not. 

By gordoTalk - 14 Years Ago
m1ke (12/8/2010)
Peter - are you saying we will have to buy the packs purchased for CT6 again ... that those packs are now totally redundant and can't/won't be carried forward?

I sincerely hope not.

+1
I hope this is just a case of their not having fully communicated the bundling, or not having thought this through.

It is really not right to charge us again for the same content. Sure, there is a conversion but what new software does not allow for an import of the prior content? They could easily allow prior content purchasers access to the converted stuff, and still sell the old content to new buyers.

Let's hope that once they think this through, they will do the right thing.

Who knows, maybe if I can hit the ground running with my already purchased stuff, i'll be "forced" into upgrading BigGrin

Just to keep you informed on the update situation. The next four updated packs have been delayed due to some technical issues and so the emails will go out next week (starting the 13th).

The emails will describe how you go about getting the first five updated packs for CTA.

Thanks for your patience. Smile

gordoTalk (12/10/2010)
It is really not right to charge us again for the same content. Sure, there is a conversion but what new software does not allow for an import of the prior content? They could easily allow prior content purchasers access to the converted stuff, and still sell the old content to new buyers.

You do have to remember that this is not CrazyTalk 7. CrazyTalk Animator is a completely new program which works with a brand new engine so there are bound to be some issues with older content.

That said most of the content from CrazyTalk 6 will work in CTA right now and so if you have the packs installed, they can be manually copied to CTA. You may see some minor issues but overall they will work.

We have created an FAQ on how to do this. You can find it HERE.

By Teviniii - 14 Years Ago
The ad indicates that the repackaged Natural Facial Performance is G4 Head compatible. Does that mean that this repackaged version is operable in iClone 4? If not, is the original version of Natural Facial Performance still available?

Thank you.
The original versions for CrazyTalk are still available. You can find them HERE and HERE. All the motionclip (.CLP) files are compatible with iClone4 G4 heads.
Thanks Peter, I'm happy to know the original version is still available; however, my primary concern is the compatibility of the CTA version with iClone4. If so, I'll purchase the CTA version instead. I think that's what you meant when you indicated that all versions are compatible with G4 heads but I want to be certain.

Thanks again.
Both the original CT6 and CTA versions of these packs are supplied as .CLP files so they can be imported into iClone4 for G4 heads. It should be remembered however that the installer of both versions will look for the relevant version of CrazyTalk before they install. If you choose the CTA version please make sure you have that installed first.
I already have CTA  installed so I will go with the CTA repackaged version.

Thanks for your helpful responses.

By m1ke - 13 Years Ago
Unless I have missed it somehow, I still have not seen any news of these upgrade packs, purchased as a CT6 Pro user.  Have I missed something?
By AverageJoe - 13 Years Ago
RL considers them completely different content packs, for an entirely different program and as such asren't necessarily upgrades.  At least that's how I interpreted it.  It'd doubtful there'll be any special pricing...
By Peter (RL) - 13 Years Ago
Hi Mike

As I mentioned in my previous posts the emails went out to all CTA users who had previously purchased the packs during the week beginning the 13th December.

The email offered the complete set of upgraded packs plus a free Christmas pack for a heavily discounted price (up to 80% off). If you are a previous purchaser and haven't received an email then please contact Reallusion Support using the link below. They will be able to help you get the packs.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

By m1ke - 13 Years Ago
OK - I bought way back before December, so don't qualify for reduced rates.

Also, since I can use CTA on only one machine, I'm not really interested in paying out any more for this software at the moment: what I have now is what I'll use. I'll accept any freebies Tongue but no more spending until the licence changes.

Hi again Mike

I think I clearly didn't explain that very well. BigGrin

The emails went out beginning the 13th December. All previous purchasers of the packs are eligible. You don't need to have bought them by a particular date to get the offer. Smile

Hope this clear up any confusion.

By AverageJoe - 13 Years Ago
Odd that I didn't get the email... Hmmmm... No matter, re-bought them anyways...
By m1ke - 13 Years Ago
OK, I can see how I misinterpreted that - I did get an email about the free Christmas stuff - and must have missed the 20% deal. 

No matter, as I said, I don't really want to spend any more on this stuff - even at a reduced price - because its use as far as I am concerned is now limited - remember, I also demo software such as this at video clubs, as well as use it on both my laptop and my main PC.  

By royblumenthal - 13 Years Ago
Hi guys...

I've bought several content packs, and installed them. But I think they're somehow NOT being installed properly. I see no sign of them within CRAZYTALK ANIMATOR PRO 1.11.1614.1. I have a strong suspicion it's cos I'm running 64 bit Windows 7. But I have no way of knowing this.

How can I force the install?

What signs will let me know that a content pack IS in place? Where in the program must I look for the installed packs?

Blue skies
Roy
royblumenthal (8/1/2011)
What signs will let me know that a content pack IS in place? Where in the program must I look for the installed packs?

Blue skies
Roy

Hi Roy

Which content packs have you installed? If you let me know I will tell you where you should be able to find them in CrazyTalk Animator. It may be that you just haven't located them yet.

Thanks! Here are the packs I've bought and downloaded and attempted to install...

Motion Profiles-Communication
CrazyTalk Animator - POWER TOOLS Vol.3
Common Folks 2
Motion Library Vol. 2 - Communication
Great Minds of Science Vol.1
Outdoor Scene Series Vol.2 Main Street

After installing, I get the message telling me that they're now in CRAZYTALK ANIMATOR PRO. But then, a few seconds later, I get a Windows 7 popup telling me that the installation was faulty. It gives me the choice to reinstall, or to go ahead cos I'm confident that the installation was fine. I've tried both options, and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Maybe the things ARE in place. But I don't really know where to look, nor what they look like, nor how to use them.

Maybe you can also point me to where the tutorials all live?

Thanks!

Blue skies
Roy
Hi Roy

You should be able to find your installed content in folders with the same name as the product title in Content Manager (right hand side) in the the following locations.

Common Folks 2 - Actor - Character and in Scene - Props (see below for example)

Motion Library Vol. 2 - Communication - Animation - Motion

Great Minds of Science Vol.1 - Actor - Character and Scene - Props

Outdoor Scene Series Vol.2 Main Street - Scene - Scene and Scene - Props.

For the video tutorials you can find them all HERE.

Hmmmmm. Thanks Peter. What this means then is that my content packs aren't installing properly. Darn. Could it have something to do with 64 bit Windows 7?
Hi Roy

It shouldn't have anything to do with Windows 7 64bit. I run CTA without problems on that OS.

If you are still unable to find your installed content then please contact Technical Support using the link below. They will be able to investigate this for you and help you resolve this issue.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks

Thanks Peter. I'm currently suspecting that this is more likely an issue to do with terminal newbieness. The stiff probably IS lurking somewhere. If I can't find it, I'll follow the support link. Thank you for responding.

Blue skies
Roy