Evolver Characters vs iClone Built in CHaracter templates

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic67639.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By jasonjbrown - 14 Years Ago
I was trying to make an accurate looking avatar of this person using the built in tools in iClone.

i had a hard time getting it right, and it was impossible to adjust the character's body in  a naturalistic way...

I decided to try the character in evolver....  i estimated the character would cost $20 USD...  the evolver process was A LOT EASIER.... I ended up with a character that looked  good enough and then tweaked the evolver character further using the iClone tools.

I'm happier with the evolver character.  For $20 it's a bit expensive, $10 would be a sweet price. The body type was also easier to adjust by using the evolver templates:

Unfortuntately, after saving the evolver character in iclone as an iClone character, I now CANNOT USE THE FACIAL DETAIL CONTROL POINTS TO FURTHER MODIFY THE FACE.  When I use the control points of the face, the EYEBALLS DISAPPEAR!  And the eyes cannot be reset or changed without reloading the character.  That sucks!

By kurzal - 14 Years Ago

Try to make avatar's Head from this picture. Hope it will be more convenient Wink
By kurzal - 14 Years Ago
sw00000p,
FYI it's not a screenshot of character's head. I just edit first photo of this topic. So "ugly black lines" is not the disadvantages of modelling in iClone Smile
By kurzal - 14 Years Ago
I was not offended. I just explained Smile
I guess I picked the wrong words... Blush
Sorry for my bad english Hehe