iclone 3 content

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic59061.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Raven2angel - 14 Years Ago
I'm still using iclone 3.2 and have noticed that new ccd content packs all say that they require iclone 4 or above for install, even my own recent pack, which was made for 3.2 says the same. 
I don't have iclone 4 and have no intention of upgrading, so does this mean that previous iclone version users will be excluded from buying new content?
By animagic - 14 Years Ago
Raven2angel (8/19/2010)
I'm still using iclone 3.2 and have noticed that new ccd content packs all say that they require iclone 4 or above for install, even my own recent pack, which was made for 3.2 says the same. 

A little bit further down it says iClone 3.2 for your pack. Since they are textures, they should work. I would think that anything that doesn't use specific IC4 features should work.

Hi Zuijlen, thanks for the reply Smile

Yes, I added into the description 3.2, but it was reallusion who have posted that the pack needs version 4, which makes the information confusing. 

will email them again

By Peter (RL) - 14 Years Ago
Raven2angel (8/19/2010)
I don't have iclone 4 and have no intention of upgrading, so does this mean that previous iclone version users will be excluded from buying new content?

Hi Raven,

Most new packs being released from Reallusion will require iClone4 to work sadly. Texture packs are slightly different and should work in earlier versions too. You would be wise to clarify it with the content team first though as it may be that the installer will require iClone4 to be present before the pack will install.

Ok, thank you Peter. Smile