Official Harb40 Passion Competition

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic56380.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Harb40 - 14 Years Ago
The time is upon us again. This year's competition is bigger and better than ever. So, without further delay:

2010 Passion Competition
Rules and Guidelines

Passion is a concept that has been used in philosophy. It is different from the current popular connotation of passion which is associated with notions of romance and which is generally seen as a positive and good emotion. The philosophical notation, in contrast, is identified with an innate or biologically driven emotional states such as anger, greed, lust or the other deadly sins.

The Seven Deadly Sins

1. Lust is usually thought of as excessive thoughts or desires of a sexual nature.

2. Gluttony is generally thought of as over-indulgence or over- consumption to the point of waste. Most commonly associated with food.

3. Greed is, like lust and gluttony, a sin of excess. However, greed is applied to a very excessive or rapacious desire and pursuit of wealth, status, and power.

4. Sloth can be classified as laziness or the failure to utilize one’s talents and gifts.

5. Wrath may be described as inordinate and uncontrolled feelings of hatred and anger. Feelings of anger can manifest in different ways, including impatience, revenge, and vigilantism.

6. Envy, although similar to lust, is largely associated with material goods. Those who commit this sin resent that another person has something they perceive themselves as lacking, and wish the other to be deprived of it.

7. Pride, considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins, is identified as a desire to be more important or attractive than others, failing to acknowledge the good work of others, and excessive love of self.

The task at hand will be to make a film using two (2) or more of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Rules and Guidelines

Dates: August 1, 2010 to December 4, 2010 (12 midnight EST)

Film Length: The film must be 5 minutes to 20 minutes long. (30 seconds allowance plus or minus)

Engine: This film can be made using any program you desire (iClone, Moviestorm, The Movies, Poser, Daz, The Sims, game engines such as Halo, GTA, COD, WOW and more) or live action.

Required Theme Element: Must have 2 or more of the deadly sins as defined above.

Where to upload: Can be uploaded to any site (YouTube, Vimeo, Veoh, TMU, etc.) but a link must be given in the submission form. (example below)

Warnings: If any strong language or nudity is used, a disclaimer must be presented either at the start of the film or on the film page.

Credits: Any use of voice actors, music not supplied with the program of choice, any mods not made by yourself or an official add-on must be credited either in the film or on the film page.

Prizes:

1St Place -- The TMU Dream Package
Sony Vegas Pro 9.0
iClone Pro 4.0 (downloadable)
CrazyTalk 6 (downloadable)
either a 1 Year Moviestorm subscription or 10,000 MS points
The Movies Premiere Edition w/Stunts & Effects
an on-air interview with Ken & Roger
a profile badge for the TMU forums
(total value of $1100.00)

2nd Place -- The Machinima Package
iClone Pro 4.0 (downloadable)
either a 3 month Moviestorm subscription or 2500 MS points
The Movies Premiere Edition w/Stunts & Effects
an on-air interview with Ken & Roger
(total value of $300.00)

3rd Place -- The Fun Package
1 month Moviestorm subscription or 800 MS points
The Movies Basic Edition w/Stunts & Effects
a $50.00 gift certificate
an on air interview with Ken & Roger
(total value of $100.00)

* Sony Vegas and The Movies will have to be mailed to you. IClone, CrazyTalk and Moviestorm are all downloadable.

Judges:

From the iClone community, AnimaTechnica

From the Moviestorm community, IceAxe

From the TMOA community, Roger Strange-Burlong

and, From the Movies community, Harb40

Sample Submission Form:

Copy and paste the following and edit to fit your entry:

TMU Name: (the name you use on TMU --Required)
Studio Name: (if different than your user name - not required)
Film Title: (The name of your film -- Required)
Film Length: (Minutes and seconds in length -- Required)
Genre: (comedy, drama, horror, etc. - not required)
Film Location: (a direct link to your film -- Required)
Film Description: (a brief idea of what your film is about -- Required)
Additional Info: (Cast, credits, posters, etc. if you desire)

Using this format will make it easier on the judges to find and keep track of your film.

I would prefer only one submission per person but will accept twoNo more than two submissions per person/studio.

So, start filming, enter and Good Luck.

All entries must be made on the TMU Thread. If you are not a member yet, it is quick, easy and free to register. Using the TMU thread makes it easier for the judges to be notified of your entry.

You can view the video that compliments the audio ad playing on TMOA Radio here:  Passion Competition Ad
By aknzrdude - 14 Years Ago
wow awesome prizes and cocenpt

me - i am looking forward to watching iclone movies about lust...ahem...ok not just lust
By Harb40 - 14 Years Ago
The official period to submit films is here.  I am sure that the judges and myself will see some great films made by the wonderful iClone community.
By Harb40 - 14 Years Ago
Just a reminder, just over 3 months left in the competition.  I hope many of you are considering entering.
By marineone_harb - 14 Years Ago

ONE WEEK LEFT!

Remember, Midnight December 4th is the cut off. When Saturday the 4th becomes Sunday the 5th (Eastern Standard Time), the competition will be closed.

I will post a Competition Closed notice at that time.

Update: Unfortunately, I was unable to make a profile badge that would fit within the required parameters needed for the forums that still looked good so the badge incentive has been eliminated from the prizes. Sorry about that.

By Harb40 - 14 Years Ago
3 Days left to enter. 

Remember, Midnight of the 4th is the deadline.  When it becomes the 5th of December Eastern Standard Time, it is too late.

By Harb40 - 14 Years Ago
Well Ladies & Gentlemen,

Less than 24 hours to submit your entry.
By Harb40 - 14 Years Ago

The deadline has come.  Sorry folks but the period for making submissions is now over.

There are a total of 13 entries (sorry Darth) for this year's competition.  Myself and the other judges will now calculate our choices and an announcement will be made shortly.  Hopefully in less than 2 weeks we will be able to announce the Top 3 films.

Thank you everyone for your time and films.

By Harb40 - 14 Years Ago
The judges have watched all the films, scored each film and sent me the results. I have now tabulated all the scores and we have definitive winners. The voting was very, very close. Closer than last year. Listen in Sunday, December 19th, on the Ken & Roger Show on TMOA radio to hear the results. I will also post an official Awards thread at that time.