Iclone 4 AP has stopped working

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic53199.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By DGM357 - 14 Years Ago
I've been using iclone for a while, and now when i click any of the taps, it closes the program with this error message.

What does AP stand for?

Why does iclone not want to work?
By DesertWalker - 14 Years Ago
I once had this problem when I used iClone on an old pc. Is yours old, too. If yes, I can share a tip or two on how to manage.
By bobkat2000 - 14 Years Ago
The "Iclone AP has stopped working" error is some sort of problem within Iclone.  I have had it happen on 32 bit Vista, 32 bit XP, 64 bit Vista Ultimate, 64 bit XP pro and in Windows 7.

It happens at least 5-10 times per day minimum and the only solution is to restart Iclone and hope it doesn't happen before you save your work.....which has caused me to constantly save my work....like every 30-60 seconds or so.

By Peter (RL) - 14 Years Ago
It is almost impossible to give an exact answer without knowing your full system specifications.

Please use the link below to submit your problem to Technical Support and they will attempt to help you resolve these issues.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

By bobkat2000 - 14 Years Ago

Boxx 8520 Series (www.boxxtech.com)

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition 64-Bit

CPU

WS DUAL XEON X5570 2.93GHz, 8MB cache, 1333 MHz

Memory

6GB DDR3-1333 REG ECC (6 - 1GB DIMMS) (R)

Video Cards

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800 1GB PCI-E (R)

Hard Drives

4 - 500GB 7,200rpm SATA (SUB)

The professional workstation setup you have there is certainly powerful enough but does fall outside the normal setup used by the average iClone user. I think you would be best to contact Technical Support using the link I posed above. They should be able to advise you of some things to try to help resolve the problems you are having.

Thanks.

By jimmygee - 14 Years Ago
I too have this problem.I thought it was just me,or my computer(which I was considering changing)

The problem was evident with iClone 3.2, so I upgraded to iClone 4.2,but the problem still persists.At the moment, if I'm working on a project for more than 5 mins,I save it before it closes on me.I did contact Reallusion Support,their suggestion of disabling Windows Firewall and upgrading my Graphics Card,made no difference. I have installed Reg Cleaner,Windows Security,Windows Updates,running iClone as Administrator etc but still it happens.

I would appreciate if this problem can be resolved, and some kind person can post the solution here. Smile

Jimmy

jimmygee (6/16/2010)
I too have this problem.I thought it was just me,or my computer(which I was considering changing)

The problem was evident with iClone 3.2, so I upgraded to iClone 4.2,but the problem still persists.At the moment, if I'm working on a project for more than 5 mins,I save it before it closes on me.I did contact Reallusion Support,their suggestion of disabling Windows Firewall and upgrading my Graphics Card,made no difference. I have installed Reg Cleaner,Windows Security,Windows Updates,running iClone as Administrator etc but still it happens.

I would appreciate if this problem can be resolved, and some kind person can post the solution here. Smile

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

Have you contacted Support again with this problem?

If not it would be worth while as they may be able to offer you further advice and help with this issue. As always please use the link below to request assistance.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx.

By jimmygee - 14 Years Ago
After contacting Reallusion Support,they asked for DXdiag in text and file format.Two days later they said that as far as they could tell, there was nothing wrong with my system or the iClone software.They also said they had not come across this problem before.

Trying to get to the root of the problem,I decided to start from scratch.

I will pass on what I did,because for the last two weeks,the problem has never occurred again.

I'm not sure if this will resolve everyone else's problems.But so far it's working for me.

First,I uninstalled iClone.

I may have had some conflicting software,so I removed and uninstalled old programmes, or programmes that I did not use,or were downloaded from "Free Sites".

I defragmented hard drive,system clean up and system restore.

I also uninstalled AVG Anti-Virus and now use only Windows Security Essentials and Firewall.

I then reinstalled iClone.

Repeating what I said earlier,so far (two weeks) no problems,no shutting down suddenly,no blue screen,no freezing or slowing down.

I had tried everything else, but this simple solution has resolved my issue.

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for updating on your experience. Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue successfully. Smile

By fernandocespedes - 14 Years Ago
I've the same issue, my specs:

Intel Quad Core2Quad Q6600
4gb DDR2 1000Mhz OCZ
Motherboard: Asus P5kc
Graphics: Geforce Gt-240
Soundcard: M-Audio Delta 1010lt
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultmate 64 bits
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 2011

What's the solution to solve the problem?

Thanks
I solve the problem:

My solution was put IClone 4 Windows Vista Sp2 Compability and run Iclone, then I untick the compability mode and Voila! The error after close Iclone 4 disappeared! BigGrin

Cheers!
By jamye - 14 Years Ago
I also have top line new machine, windows 7 (64 bit machine). I believe the problem is called memory leak. Software that does not handle releasing memory properly. That is a Microsoft word for the problem. Software reserves memory, for use, and after use should release, but for whatever reason doesn't, you will run out of memory. Also since icone not 64 bit version yet max memory is somewhere around 3.2 gigs of active memory, even thou your machine has more available. My machine currently has 16 gigs, but only 3.2 available for use on 32 bit software.

I have a gadget that monitors memory and if it hits 45% of memory used, Iclone shuts down. Not sure if windows shuts it down or iclone self-destructs, that would require memory dumps and alot of analysis.

In my short history of iclone use it appears after 3rd or 4th full movie export. I save often and after every major change ( _v1a, _v1b, ....)

Hope that helps

....jamye

fernandocespedes (9/22/2010)
I solve the problem:

My solution was put IClone 4 Windows Vista Sp2 Compability and run Iclone, then I untick the compability mode and Voila! The error after close Iclone 4 disappeared! BigGrin

Cheers!

The problem solves magically but now I've the same bug! Crazy
Iclone 4 crashes when I close the sofware.

If there is a solution please told us....

Best regards!
fernandocespedes (9/28/2010)
fernandocespedes (9/22/2010)
I solve the problem:

Cheers!

The problem solves magically but now I've the same bug! Crazy
Iclone 4 crashes when I close the sofware.

If there is a solution please told us....

Best regards!

Please contact Reallusion Technical Support using the link below. They will work with you on a one to one basis to try and resolve your problems.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.