iClone. Unrecognised by International Graphic Artists Arena!!!

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic53092.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By "Siouxie Sioux" - Super Hero No.1 - 14 Years Ago
It was brought to my attention by an underling that iClone STILL isn't recognised in the drop down for "SOFTWARE USED" in the Renderosity Membership page.
Perhaps someone persuasive could nudge the buttons there!!!

Siouxie Sioux.
By bluemidget666 - 14 Years Ago
I am not sure the outside 3D community really recognises Iclone as a serious 3D application, neither do 3D magazines apart from carrying copies of it on their cover disks and a short article about it. This may be because it still needs to address a few issues such as better character animation tools, instead of relying on pr made animations. Or maybe its the idea that its a Machinema tool and low poly... I do not know but magazines will cover in-depth Poser and Daz studio tutorials...
By peteradam6 - 14 Years Ago
Your signature tag-line reads: "To Destroy, once and for all time, The Reallusion Empire."

Yet you want to see iClone promoted? That seems very weirdly contradictory.
By Illustrator Cathy - 14 Years Ago
Hi peter- You'd have to be familiar with the back-story behind the comic book.

And Niel - I love you to pieces - but this really isn't the best time to be using more than one identity on these forums.

Cathy Hehe
By Dreamcube017 - 14 Years Ago
peteradam6 (6/11/2010)
Your signature tag-line reads: "To Destroy, once and for all time, The Reallusion Empire."

Yet you want to see iClone promoted? That seems very weirdly contradictory.

oooo burned... lol but yeah the comic does explain it...

Hm lowpoly... even though I have a project with some VERY HIGH poly models (I'm talking over 60,000 polies in them) Does it work, yes, in pixel shader mode, yes, is it choppy YEEESSS, does iClone crash, NO... well, very VERY rarely, does it work with good results,, YEEEEEES!!

Well, so much for the lowpoly thing.

Yeah iClone's getting there, but I think it's just got a LITTLE bit more to go.. .

Oh,, wanna know something funny? Daz Studio is in some list and you can do LESS with that then you can do with iClone... why is it there... because they.. (Sorry I don't mean to be rude or anything but) they have a bit better quality content out of the "box"... just a BIT. Ok I konw I'm about to get flamed for saying that but it's not a realtime renderer so I guess they can afford to have crazy high poly models and RL's coming very close now.

I think if 3DX were integrated into iClone AND had a lot of the current features that DirectX and other realtime engines support (SSAO, unlimited lights, DX10 support) and other things so that renders could look like REALLY high end realtime graphics (without having to render 6+ times and compile), then I think it'd start making some REAL waves.

... just my thoughts.
By animagic - 14 Years Ago
bluemidget666 (6/11/2010)
This may be because it still needs to address a few issues such as better character animation tools, instead of relying on pr made animations. Or maybe its the idea that its a Machinema tool and low poly... I do not know but magazines will cover in-depth Poser and Daz studio tutorials...

It's probably just snobbery. DAZ3D has had major issues over the years such as sudden incompatibility with other software and I wouldn't really call it suitable for animation. You can do keyframe-based animation in iClone so you are not limited to canned motions. Anyway, I don't consider Renderosity's endorsement or lack there of as a big deal...

By peteradam6 - 14 Years Ago
My guess is.... that it's part snobbery -- it's not a big expensive $1000s 3D program that looks like the control panel of a nuclear submarine -- and part ignorance -- if they bother to look at all, they just glance at some dance videos made by a ten-year-old using the free version, and assume "that's iClone".
ignorance and snobbery

This could be why, the outside world does not know how much Iclone has developed from Iclone 2. The lowpoly argument I know is flawed as I use high poly characters, but does anyone reading about Iclone in the magazines. Its also true you can make your own animations but until you can use more than one motion layer to make them it is stupidly complicated to do good complicated motions. I am sure however that it will not be too long before Iclone turnes heads away from poser and daz atleast...
By DELETED2 - 14 Years Ago
Hi Peter, Siouxie Sioux is from the Second Generation of Humans and there, 'bout 7000 million years back, they killed her sweetheart and she's effectively a Technology Police Detective Official blah etc etc blah.
Actually just a cold hearted intolerant culler agent with a "Dont cross me" attitude. I got fed up with cute and needed an opposite.
Gorgeous but Deadly. Her not me. Tongue Well, ok then.... me a bit too! BigGrin
I dont know if, when I'm on that again, I'll actually let her Kill Reallusion because she wouldnt have a purpose then. Tongue But we'll see. Normally she replies to posts in Comic Speech Balloon style for no other purpose than to promote iClones visual power and strengths in that domain and I like to think she is an effective vehicle nobody else tried to drive. (Smug Self Praising Smily Here.)

But on the issue of Renderosity... I think regarding "The Simpsons" and other such visually dulling animations I don't care if they are multimillion success (Where was the competition and why weren't we all asked about it as the receiving public??? WinkWink ) I find such quality sadly appalling and in truth for me anyway mind bogglingly boring to observe. But tastes vary and I stand aside and look the other way.

We just found it odd that Renderosity still hasn't gotten around to putting iClone in the mix. I sat and tried to think of a reason. I couldn't.
And if yo consider the degree of techical Wizardry it must take to be able to import all the OTHER models into iClone which makes it a linked entity of the animation world in a professional vein... I am still left with out argument against it's inclusion.

"The Arts" and Art itself is what it is and the actual means to create it should never be an issue or element for disqualification of inclusion.
Else where would we be if Constable was exhibited because his brushes and paints came from the Cream of manufacturers and Renior was not simply because his brushes were cheap tacky brands!!! Crying
Shouldn't we just observe the output. Who cares if elements of iClone don't appeal to all.
I think it's time for an alternate attitude of global acceptance to this field in a world where you blink and everythings changed.

Armstrong.
By Apparition - 14 Years Ago
Wow Armstrong!

In Guatemala we say:

"Tienes la boca llena de razón!

Which means:

"You got your mouth full of REASON!"

Nobody could put it better! Also the "outside community does not recognize bla.bla.bla" argument is not quite true...

I personally teach iClone at a mayor technical university here and I have traveled several times to Europe to present a few workshops and intensive courses in iClone usage, to large Italian and Spanish companies, working on Elearning products.

I one word: iCLone is GREAT and will be BETTER!

Mike
By fablefox - 14 Years Ago
3d world once include ver 2.0 for free on it's cover cd, and current 3d world mag carray IClone 3.0 SE, and there was a time they review IClone 4.0 seriously.

I think what was limiting previously was import and content creation. But current importer just solved that problem. What important is to create a simple tutorial on content creation using other software, specially size / unit, texturing, optimization, character movement, animation, etc.

Max, Maya, SoftImage, Blender MUST be covered - bare minimum.
Nobody could put it better! Also the "outside community does not recognize bla.bla.bla" argument is not quite true...

I personally teach iClone at a mayor technical university here and I have traveled several times to Europe to present a few workshops and intensive courses in iClone usage, to large Italian and Spanish companies, working on Elearning products.

The outside 3D community ! the fact that people outside the Iclone community know about Iclone does not mean that 3D magazines and 3D websites take Iclone seriously.. How many .VNS files do you find on TurboSquid ?

3d world once include ver 2.0 for free on it's cover cd, and current 3d world mag carray IClone 3.0 SE, and there was a time they review IClone 4.0 seriously.

They reviewed it yes, they even liked it but seriously ? If they carried a tutorial without carrying a limited copy on the CD then they would be looking at it seriously maybe.

If they reviewed Iclone without reviewing 3Dexchange then they would have to say Import options NONE ! what other serious 3D program needs an external program to even import a obj file !

Thats not to say that Iclone needing 3Dexchange is a con just that the PRO version or maybe a more costly PRO+ version should have 3Dexchange built in.

Iclone will one day be looked at and supported in the outside 3D arena by vendors like Renderosirty just not yet as its not easy to create for (characters especially).

Just my opinion
Some good points and some MORE good points from FableFox... but it still doesnt explain the disinclusion of the visual word "iClone" in the drop down for Software Used, sadly. Or not so sadly.

On one angle you could imagine a "cultivation" of interest in applications favoured by the site manager (theoretical example by observed result assessment theory only, dont slay me yet!) and a focussed directive for disinterest by not proposing applications that threaten the 'familiar' and associated user count in so far as it stalls the propogation of future genrations external to the dominating applications thereby maintaining the harvest of accessory input and concentrating attentions to what's known, as opposed to what's (fast becoming) superior? ... or at worst 'alternate' equaly?

The extra box used for "Othe Apps" suffices the self declararion of software used but doesnt make 'accepted inclusion' because the gate is still locked but offers a token key of recognition.

Personally I find the arena stunning for inspiration and imagination expansion; Renderosity. John martin also posts some works in there I saw, some early ones also. I wonder if I can write to the controllers and ask them why after so long iClone is still immovably orphaned in the field. Crying

However..... To end on a Cheerful note... Kiss

iClone Content in Renderosity.
Very much an impresive array and, sadly, I dominate the stills side of iClone ( I never really know if I offend the big "R" by promoting the Comic/Stills Side of iClone, I just think it kicks such serious *** it should be as equally hailed as its animation abilities, ) but there are many more entries aside of this including FreeStuff, Forum Threads and Blogs.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/rrsearch/index.php?search=iclone&d_search_current=0

Hmmm as interesting as this is... who cares?

If you like using it, then use it.

If you can make something that looks WTFOMGBBQ FREAKIN' AWESOME!!" and then others outside see it and you say you made it with this, then I'm thinking they'll look into it at least a little or at least give it some credit and say "Hm, maybe there is something to that."

The same thing happened in the audio world with FL Studio by Image-Line. (previously known as Fruity Loops" people always thought it second rate and shunned it. They said you couldn't make anything "pro" with it... but low and behold, there are TONS of good things made with it. You can run those EXTREMELY PRO virtual orchestral instruments in it. Slowly but surely, it became recognized because of two main reasons.

1. People made some VERY impressive stuff with it... not just stacking audio loops on top of each other, but actual songs.

2. Image-Line started adding a lot more features and support for other software and formats in the audio world. They also started developing tools and synthesizers that people could use without having to use FL Studio.

So if iClone wants to be noticed, it's up to us to make the sparkly HD stuff.

Yes, story does matter, I know, ... But AGAIN, all those suggestions in the wishlist thread are very good ones and I think RL is working on them. They already took the steps to get totally custom rigged characters and even some nice post processing effects into iClone. A few more things and we'll be there for sure.

Will you need a better graphics card? Probably... is it worth it to you... (Yes it is for me)... but that's up to you.
It makes no sense to complain that iClone isn't recognized and then when they come out with some epic new graphics so you start complaining that it can't run on your GeForce 8800 card.

Inshort... MORE DX9 (10 and 11) features please!

OH and Mac support.

Alright, if iClone is on the Mac, they'll have to do all the graphics in OpenGL. (or openCL)

You can do great things with OpenGL... look at the PlayStation 3... That's OpenGL. Only Windows PCs and Xbox uses DirectX (hence the X in Xbox).

Well I'm done ranting and stuff... Thanks for reading if you made it this far. lol
But the thing is, DC.... the thing IS...  when I see that drop down even now I see names I dont know of.
I go and research them because........ it's in my financial interests to do so, and it's my field; my line of work; tools for the field.

Without that simple inclusion; without that simple word "iClone" there on that small membership initial list,  Reallusion, moreover iClone, doesnt get that curiosity delivery, thereby potential custom is stunted and those who may benefit from time efficient / cost efficient animation output pass by oblivious.Unsure
That's my gripe. Crying
Armstrong.

By Pamera - 14 Years Ago
The price of iclone 4 is $349.95

The price of poserpro 2010 is $499.99

BigGrin

(just incase anybody wanted to know) Tongue

fablefox (6/13/2010)

Well, this is excelling anyway. I'm not implying globally there's an "Ignore" game, I was just surprised thats all.

I notice some of the points raised (specially the import option and price comparison to Poser Pro 2010).

I do wish the exchange 4.0 pro is a free software to IClone 4.0 Pro user. I don't know what the idea behind it, really, other than they realize if everyone can import everything, then less reason to purchase from content store? They must understand not everyone have the time or skill, so people still purchase from content store. Other software (MAX, Maya) can import and/or model everything under the sun, but it didn't stop sites selling 3d models (some of it sells only in max / maya format, no less).

But of course, Reallusion could have make it free, but increase the overall price, so there is no different, isnt? So maybe they just say those who doesn't need it just buy IClone 4.0 Pro, and those who do, just buy Exchange Pro 4.0, this is not to charge people who doesn't need it (people who prefer to buy from content store?)

I don't know really.
I would love to be able to make my own content over buying it but sadly I am not very good at it so I buy it
. The reason I need 3Dexchange is that RL do not (and can not) carry all the content I want for films. It maybe that the new 3Dexchange has reduced the amount of content I have bought from RL but it has also extended the life of my Iclone use, as if I could not use the content and characters I want, I would at some point look to another program that would allow me to do so.

I would also consider paying a lot more for Iclone if it had all the tools needed to make most films and character I can think of.

But thats why 3Dmax is £3500 not £200

By Capemedia - 14 Years Ago
It will take time, but with quality projects comes interest.

We all need to approach our projects as if we are making them for the big screen, sadly iClone is let down by the hundreds of poor quality videos and films.  Unfortunately just pop "iClone" into Youtube and you will need to flick through pages of garbage before you find anything worth watching.

This maybe the case with other software but we are seeing Max, Maya, poser and the like everyday in our homes and cinemas, that's why those software products are more popular.

Cape!

Just to point out, when I'm mentioning Max/Maya, I'm just talking about being able to import / model and the availability of model collection, not their price point.

Look at Carrara 8 Pro sale currently? And what it can do?

But of course, ICLone is a tool designed for machinima, and must be viewed as so.

What scares me is when Blender game engine being updated into machinima tools - which shouldn't be that hard. I once saw a bathroom demo and it was awesome. I mean, blender modelling, coupled with interactivity, python pogramming, physics, and blender game engine - phew!!!!
By warlord720 - 14 Years Ago
Capemedia (6/17/2010)
sadly iClone is let down by the hundreds of poor qualityvideos and films.Unfortunately just pop "iClone" into Youtube and you will need to flick through pages of garbage before you find anything worth watching.

Cape!

Very interesting thread and great thoughts on this. Have to agree on what cape is saying and that in itself shows the power of iClone. It is creating animators from people that have no idea they could animate so the quality will be down in those productions.

How many homies are using max to make bad films because its affordable and easier to use in some aspects? Otherwise... we'd see a bunch a bad films coming from studio max.

I worked for a studio that refused to use iClone in its early days but didn't strictly forbid its use so I ran the iclone work through After Effects and they loved it. Told 'em it was iclone and they refused to budge. Its a "toy" and back then... it was but I still made money with it from the first time I downloaded it. This was previz work so the render quality at the time was not a problem.

Its empowered regular folk like us instead of just the super animators.
I do not use Iclone for any commercial reasons but I have made money from it though friends in small media production teams who have been impressed with what Iclone can do. These people were looking at paying a large amount for work done in 3Dmax and AfterEffects and were "Gobsmacked" when I showed them a demo of what Iclone and motion montage could do, infact the demo paid for Motion Montage.

So maybe Snobbery is a part of it ?
I kind of agree. I think iClone is halfway there actually... it's missing some important things, but at the same time, it has some really useful things and is easy to use so I think it should at least be recignized in the CG world....

However, has anyone heard of something called Artlantis Studio? It's a 3D application that has some REEAAALLLYYY GOOOD renders... is that on Renderocity's site?... is it really mentioned anywhere?

I don't remember it being mentioned too much and it can do ALL SORTS of lighting and things. It's not realtime but it is very near it with spectacular results.

And on that note... do they mention the Unreal Development Kit (Unreal game engine) It has some great rendering tools and it's realtime...

Hm... I wonder will Silex3D be mentioned.
of those aren't mentiond and they have better rendering settings than iClone has now.
We'll see, but so far a lot
Just for fun I thought I would update my user profile on Renderosity and I noticed that it's not just iClone that's missing. I switched from Adobe Premiere to Sony Vegas a while back and that's also not good enough. Poser and Truespace are mentioned, but not DAZ3D Studio or Blender.

In fact, none of the more recent packages are mentioned, such as the various game SDKs, which makes me think that the list was created about 10 years ago and never updated. It mentions WorldBuilder, for example, which is quite ancient and maybe even defunct. JASC Paint Shop Pro is now Corel Paint Shop Pro. So there's no reason to feel too bad, it's Renderosity that's (a bit) stuffy.

But of course, ICLone is a tool designed for machinima, and must be viewed as so.

See I do not see Iclone this way, I see it as been very nearly a compleat animation suit. The term machinima just leaves me cold ...
By Apparition - 14 Years Ago
bluemidget666 (6/17/2010)

I would also consider paying a lot more for Iclone if it had all the tools needed to make most films and character I can think of.

But thats why 3Dmax is £3500 not £200

Ha! There is so MUCH mathematical effort in 3DSMAX and the extensive size of the program.... Just the books coming with the pack are more than 1200 pages of squeezed down information!

Just for the rendered licence Autodesk pays more per item than the whole cost of iClone.

MAX is really ROBUST. Your PC crashes and it keeps you always on the safe side. Sometimes nothing runs and MAX keeps running!

Comparing with MAX is like comparing a VW buggy with a Ferrari or a Mercedes XKE!!

Got the scale?

Mike
What I ment was that if RL included all the tools that are asked for in the sculpt ya perfect tool thread , I would expect to pay more for Iclone... I dont want or need Iclone to try be the tool 3Dmax is...
I agree... if the next version of iClone had say... dynamic physics... I ream REAL physics, not prebaked physics and on ALL the objects and 3DX as a PART of iCLone and god rays and SSAmbiant Occlusion and the like, I'd happily put down 1 or 200 more dollars for it (thus making it around 399 or 499.

Also, if I bought the PRO version of iCLone (which I did), then I'm going to assume I can do some PRO things with it... Windows movie maker has a timeline... that's not PRO... it's just a timeline. When I buy PRO, I expect PRO things... like 3D import and stuff like that.

RL, I don't think you have to worry about content sales going down. As stated before, 3DS Max and maya (and everything else) can make everything under the sun... and even things over, around, and no where near the sun... and heck, even the sun iTSELF... and there are TONS of content and models that cost WAAAAAYYY more for it and PEOPLE BUY THEM! So I don't think you'd have much to fear here. 

So if the next iClone had all this, I'd happily pay for it... considering I had the money.

By twilit.tera - 14 Years Ago
Dreamcube017 (6/18/2010)RL, I don't think you have to worry about content sales going down. As stated before, 3DS Max and maya (and everything else) can make everything under the sun... and even things over, around, and no where near the sun... and heck, even the sun iTSELF... and there are TONS of content and models that cost WAAAAAYYY more for it and PEOPLE BUY THEM! So I don't think you'd have much to fear here. 

I have to agree. There's always an opportunity cost involved in building things from scratch. I do (or close to it) because I have gobs of time now and very little money. That's not the case with most people, and I dare say it won't always be the case with me.

RLs content is always going to be sort after as its built for Iclone and will nearly always beat 3rd party content, and even after getting 3Dexchange I still have a wish list of content packs from the store.

My interest is character development and as my imagination soon found the limitations of the in built character creation tools I needed 3Dexchange and an external character creation tool to help fix this ( with limitations ) .

Now I payed a fair bit for quidam 3 if Iclone could create characters ranging from Human to animal I would gladly pay for it ....

Maybe a PRO+ version ?
Yeah, I can already make my own materials now, but I'd buy from the iClone store for materials (or I plan on it just'cause it saves time) and I buy characters because I'm not good at acharacter creation. So I think the new things could make iClone be great.

Yeah and renderocity sounds like it's lacking a lot of the newer software in thier list so it's not that they're snobby... just lazy and didn't update it, so I wouldn't be too hurt by it.

By Seeker769 - 14 Years Ago
In all fairness, while renderosity may not have iClone in their ' software you use ' list, they do have an iClone forum which is updated regularly. I'm not sure what purpose the list serves if any. Perhaps thats why they never bothered to update it. Anyway, I've read posts where gToon  ( coordinater ) stuanchly defended iClone. I'm certain Renderocity is not looking down their noses at iClone users.
By paul.chatman - 14 Years Ago
Also, if I bought the PRO version of iCLone (which I did), then I'm going to assume I can do some PRO things with it... Windows movie maker has a timeline... that's not PRO... it's just a timeline. When I buy PRO, I expect PRO things... like 3D import and stuff like that.

This was my primary argument with the Standard vs PRO debate. But as for the iClone exclusion by the 3D community: it's been said and I'll chime in. iClone, from what I've read and seen, really is not intended to be a "Big Toy"; just something that makes making 3D movies easy. I do not see iClone getting real world physics anytime soon. Or complex facial muscle control - I mean I have NEVER seen ANY iClone animated "facial animations/puppeteering" that delivers facial emotions like we're used to seeing in the cinemas and on TV.

As many have said, iClone's features are "canned" and "pre-packaged goods". Even the inclusion of 3DExchange (which should have been a default option, but for reasons regarding the Content Store was not) inside the core application it would still be considered the Window Movie Maker of 3D apps.

I've been on Renderosisty and their forum for iClone is pretty active. So is the trueSpace forum and that died commercially a year ago, as it's now a free program. Just good luck getting a copy of VRay...heh heheh heheh.

But Dreamcube mentioned the lack of good iClone vids...yeah. There are more quality Moviestorm vids out there then there are iClone...and that's saying something big time. I think when that changes and iClone "grows up" the 3D Community may take it more seriously and not as just a novelty.

The 5 minute movie limitation doesn't help either. At all.
By colour - 14 Years Ago

Considering that iC is for the most part a Consumer rather than Professional Prog, with Users from a variety of backgrounds with various Editing skill levels on a variety of PCs, IMO, anything more than 5 minutes would tempt those Users to Input more Objects than their PCs are capable of Rendering. That also applies to pre-recorded Video 2D Editing with Background Rendering & not Real-Time Rendering, which is even more PC Hardware demanding.   

I was going to react to PC's reiteration and rehashing of an old discussion, but why bother... I'm off enjoying the subtle facial animation of another MovieStorm masterpeice comparable to what we see in the cinema or on TV... TV? Where?
colour (6/19/2010)

Considering that iC is for the most part a Consumer rather than Professional Prog,with Users from a variety of backgrounds with various Editingskill levelson a variety of PCs, IMO,anything more than 5 minutes would tempt those Users to Input more Objects than their PCs are capable of Rendering. That also applies to pre-recordedVideo 2D Editing with Background Rendering & not Real-Time Rendering, which is even more PC Hardware demanding.

Sorry, but I just can't agree with this.

Under this theory, Windows movie maker should only be able to make 5 minute movies.

And you're trying to meassure how many objects are in the scene by how long it is... I'm sure you know this, but it only takes but a few seconds to display a scene with over 80,000 polygons in it. In other words, I can have a 5 second clip that has TONS of thigns in it.

And somehow... I think rendering planes with videos and pictures is just a BIT less intensive than rendering the actual thing.

And I don't see WHY iClone can't have a physics engine... what's stopping it... I mean aside from the fact that some think it's not "real PRO" yet. Peter even mentioned in the wishlest thread that they were working on it. I bet people weren't expecting it to have post proccessing effects either (bloom, glare, IBL), but it does.

As for the facial stuff, it has room to improve sure, but it's going in the right direction... Also there are applications that can actually READ your facial movements with a standard camera and then map them to the character.

Now it'd be great if iClone had that.
By colour - 14 Years Ago
Under this theory, Windows movie maker should only be able to make 5 minute movies.

WMM, like all other NLEs, is for the most part, a Prog for Editing Pre-recorded Video & Image Files, with no Object Input PreviewScreen. Therefore, there's no comparison to be made with iC.

That being said, if you apply eg; too many Video Effects (Which are applied as Uncompressed RAW AVI) & your PC Hardware is insufficient for Rendering all of those Effects in one pass, rather than Rendering the Scenes they are applied to, to individual DV-AVI Files & then Importing those back-into WMM, for furter Rendering, WMM will "Hang".

Therefore, your PC Hardware is the limiting factor for NLE Video Editing, just as it is for iC.

IMO, reather than placing the "Limiting factor" on the Hardware, iC have placed the "Limiting factor" on the Timeline. That's the point I was attempting to make, in my Post.Wink        

Ok good point.

Yeah because if I had a good enough card, I'm pretty sure I could render a lot of polygons if I had better hardware (GFX card)

Although I was just thinking and when things are rendered in OpenGL, they move much smoother... which also makes me think that if open GL had all the effects that DX had (which it does, no one uses it though) then things would work much better.

Also, I don't think iClone should decide how long I want to render. ... especially if I got the PRO version... I should be able to make it longer. Maybe the standard version should have the timeline, but your limited to five minutes on that or something.

The 5-minute limitation is only relevant if you have one continuous take with one camera for over five minutes. Or am I missing something?
By aknzrdude - 14 Years Ago
you're absolutely right zuijlen - and that's why they call it non linear video editing
I had no idea there was a 5 minute limit.
lol mike - just goes to show - it is more than sufficient
lol yeah. And anyway that's not a real issue.

So no big deal.... well no big deal yet anyway... until you wanna make a 10 minute walkthrough.

By sjonesdc - 14 Years Ago
I'm not an artist and I've dappled in video production in the past and these are just my thoughts on the topic.

Does it really matter if iClone is recognized or not by the International Graphic Artists Arena?  As long as the results are what the user wants is what's important.    

As far as the timeline , I personally like the timeline, it's a paradigm that I'm use to.  My only complaint about iClone's timeline is that one must select from a dropdown menu to place an object on the timeline and I've worked with a timeline where every item on the stage is on the timeline and one selects the object on the timeline to work with.

There is no time limit for the final movie however, as I understand it,  a finished movie is composed of a series of short segments edited then spliced together to make longer scenes and that most of the short segments are no longer 2-3 mins. This is done to keep the audience attention.  The only director that I know that used the technique of using one camera to shot a movie as one lone scene is Alfred Hitchcock in "Rope". (Some one correct me if I'm wrong).

Yeah that's what I said.

As stated befoer though, it looks like Renderocity just didn't update their list, that's all.

The "pros" use the software they use, not because it's "pro" but because it has the tools they need.

For example, I'm thinking of buying Lightwave.All the "pros" use it... sure I COULD use Blender and get very similar results or something... but I don't want to use Blener. I got into LW's interface a lot easier, they had a SLEW of videos RIGHT on the site that were easy to find and understand. The modeling tools are very clever and easy (and dare I say, FUN) to work with.

So I like using Lightwave (so far), and want to buy it, not because it's PRO, but because it's doing what I want... oh and it exports things correctly too which is a big one for me. I don't really care if it was noticed or not, but because it does everything so nicely, it is mentioned and noticed.

Blender is mentioned and recignized as well though too.

Lightwave is a killer app. Haven't used it in years as I've worked more for max based shops but Lightwave has set a lot of standards early on and probably still does.

A couple of my top picks would have to be Lightwave and Maxon C4D. I just have so much time invested in studio max now that I don't even hardly open C4D anymore and that is a shame in itself.

I guess I didn't know about the 5 minute limit in iclone because I am old school and tend to cut my scenes up into many different shots. Some as little as 5 to 15 seconds to get what I have in my head down on the screen as I want it. Probably not very efficient way to work but I also tend to look at things from a correction or revision view point... making it easy from the start to revise a scene to what the director or immediate boss requires. That has carried over into my personal work.

I'm jealous over Lightwave! Good luck with it.

warlord (6/21/2010)

Same here, I think the longest I've ever output from iClone was around 20 to 30 seconds, what's that about 2000 frames?

By bobkat2000 - 14 Years Ago
I've been following this thread since day 1 but have hesitated to make any comment until today.

I discovered Iclone about 2 years ago when I bought my first copy of CrazyTalk.  I studied Iclone until it got to the 3.2 version and then, about a year ago, I created an original post up here in an effort to find a team of Iclone animators that would be interested in making a slate of 10 animated films for theatrical release.  I assembled that team and like all involved very much.  A couple of the team members have contributed to this very thread.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Charles Chen, the CEO of RL and had a greater pleasure and honor to attend a 5.5 hour meeting with him in Silicon Valley in the early fall of last year.  Two of the members of this forum were also present.  During the long meeting, I had the pleasure of having Iclone 4, in beta at the time, personally shown to the meeting room by Charles Chen himself.  It was a wonderful presentation and very encouraging.

When it came time for me to present my film slate idea to Mr. Chen and the fact that the films in our slate were intended for theatrical release, I was informed that Iclone output would not conform to theatrical release standards.  This was a little shocking however our discussion continued and Machinima was discussed as well as the making of a "parser" that may make the Iclone output acceptable for theatrical release.

While Machinima films were not interesting to me, for they are still in an early stage of development of the new format, and still are....the parser was indeed interesting.  Personally, I was still convinced that Iclone had the ability to turn out theatrical release quality....using a parser to render.  The parser became a major topic between all of us for several months.

Having issued a Private Placement Memorandum for investors/investor groups to provide funding for the films, we soon learned that a combination of things caused the original Memorandum not be to accepted by investors.  First, the tough economic situation, worldwide, was an issue and, secondly, the investors/investor groups did not believe that Iclone could turn out a theatrical release product.  We continued to believe in Iclone.

In Jan. 2010, we pulled the Memorandum from the public due to lack of interest.  A few days later, we re-released it due to the fact that three investors had suddenly expressed an interest in our slate.  After months of talking to the parties,  we again had no takers, due again to the economy and the disbelief in Iclone. Last week, in our annual company meeting, my fellow members in our LLC specifically stated that after a year of trying, they saw no reason to continue believing that Iclone would lead us to success.  Reluctantly, I agreed and we signed a deal memo with a high end animation company that would give our films a theatrical release quality comparable to Disney or Pixar.

It was like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for, immediately, investors came forth with a serious interest in our slate.  In my 57 years in this industry, I've never seen smiles and excitement like I saw exhibited once we went to the high end animation software.  I even saw a high powered NY lawyer smile.  That's unheard of.

Charles Chen is a great guy, an honest man, and a true leader of his company.  I know, in my heart, that sooner or later he will get IClone to where it is a major contender and a high end animation product.  I'll be back when he does.  I believe in IClone.

Bob
www.bigchief.tv

Iclone making it to the big time would be awsome I carnt wait .... But thats a bit off yet and for people to take it seriously it need people to type in Iclone into You Tube and see some BLOODY GOOD animations made with it .....

One aspect would be character animation its fine to have a character to walk from point a to point be but when all characters walk the same way you can see no animation talant as been used to create that... until I can give a character personality and character then Iclone remains a story telling tool rather than a Animation tool. If thats what Iclone is then it really doesnt matter if its known in the 3d world or not.
bobkat,

What is meant by this phrase "theatrical release standards"?? 

I hope that people realize that even having 3D Studio Max would not allow you to compete with the kind of resources Pixar can bring to the fore. So if only that will satisfy, sell your iClone. 

As to walking, I'm currently working on a walking scene based on a converted CMU file (walking with a painful left knee), which turned out to be quite a good conversion (from trailerpark.com). It's a personalized walk for sure, which tells me that it is possible.

If you want to see quality you will have to do it yourself. Typing iClone in YouTube won't help: I got 5,190 responses, which is a lot to go through. Over time, I have seen some work from others I really like and that would look good as well if I had a faster internet connection and could watch in HD. I do like my own films: they're not perfect, but I'm still learning.

I guess I'm getting a bit tired of these glass half empty discussions.... for some it will never be good enough... If you want a masterpiece, start working on it.

I guess I'm getting a bit tired of these glass half empty discussions.... for some it will never be good enough... If you want a masterpiece, start working on it.

This could be said of any software, thats why there will be a new Photoshop out soon, Software develops due to the needs of users. I do not see my glass half empty when using Iclone, I see what it could be.

I get the impression that Iclone users are divided with what thay want from the program, some want a out of the box "Strory" telling tool, others want a robust animation suite.

there is very little point people saying how good Iclone is in the forum, people should already know, but saying what doesnt work how you like and why does help fix stuff.

If I didnt love Iclone I wouldnt even bother saying anything, what would be the point ? But what would be the point of just saying aint Iclone fantastic lets just keep it as it is ?

As to walking, I'm currently working on a walking scene based on a converted CMU file (walking with a painful left knee), which turned out to be quite a good conversion (from trailerpark.com). It's a personalized walk for sure, which tells me that it is possible.

Yes you can do your own walks and movements but it would be far easier if you had more than one motion layer yes?
bobkat2000 (6/22/2010)
In Jan. 2010, we pulled the Memorandum from the public due to lack of interest.  A few days later, we re-released it due to the fact that three investors had suddenly expressed an interest in our slate.  After months of talking to the parties,  we again had no takers, due again to the economy and the disbelief in Iclone. Last week, in our annual company meeting, my fellow members in our LLC specifically stated that after a year of trying, they saw no reason to continue believing that Iclone would lead us to success.  Reluctantly, I agreed and we signed a deal memo with a high end animation company that would give our films a theatrical release quality comparable to Disney or Pixar.

It was like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for, immediately, investors came forth with a serious interest in our slate.  In my 57 years in this industry, I've never seen smiles and excitement like I saw exhibited once we went to the high end animation software.  I even saw a high powered NY lawyer smile.  That's unheard of.

Charles Chen is a great guy, an honest man, and a true leader of his company.  I know, in my heart, that sooner or later he will get IClone to where it is a major contender and a high end animation product.  I'll be back when he does.  I believe in IClone.

Bob
www.bigchief.tv

Pretty much expected that response from the investors.  Don't know if the parser will be available to everyone as I’m sure it could be implemented?

Just a quick reply here:
WMM, like all other NLEs,

Windows Movie Maker is no where near being a Non Linear Editor, as it only has a single track for both video and audio. And the tracks are very linear. It's a cute app, and I wish Vegas Pro had many of those transitions.
I was going to react to PC's reiteration and rehashing of an old discussion, but why bother... I'm off enjoying the subtle facial animation of another MovieStorm masterpeice comparable to what we see in the cinema or on TV... TV? Where?
I wasn't re-hashing anything, dude. I was responding to Dreamcube's remark about the "Advanced Timeline" not being critically a Pro feature. Furthermore, I have no love affair with Moviestorm. Their community still has the ability to dish out better stories, despite not have "facial animations" Ooooo facial animations!

iCone is a great app, but it -like Moviestorm, still needs to grow. I really would like to see features in the app like physics and more than 1 recording camera is Standard (2 would be an improvement). But it doesn't mean I hate the application. I just wish it did more, so I can do more without having to pay RL for content that relies on the same tech.

The new G-eVolver Avatars are great, but they still have that clipping problem (hands cutting through their faces) because iClone has no collision detection. A great addition to iClone would be a real-time (or near real-time) A. I. attached to the Avatar. But knowing Reallusion - that would be a Pro feature.

Geezh!
deleted by me

contained redundant information. see next post down
warlord (6/21/2010)
You know I started the app and it seems more like 15 or 30 minutes...let me check the frame count again... it starts at 2000. I think I got it confused with CrazyTalk which has a 5 minute limit hard coded into the app.

Ok, my bad it limits at 33m31s. Nevamin' Wink

one of these post mentioned, now everyone seems to think I dreamed it up. i was replying to some elses remark. but i got confused with Crazytalk with regard to this limit. Not iClone..which 33m31s for a complete film. I couldn't type in more than 180000 frames for my project.
Hm yes, I guess I'd haev to say I'm more on the animation/graphical side than the story side. I do hope iClone can reach the high end for realtime graphics at least. (Since it's a realtime engine) although I think if it REALLY wants to get to the really good graphics, that's going to require people to go out and get new graphics cards... because let's face it, there's not really any such things as VERY GOOD high end realtime graphics with a cheap or older graphics card. Playing any of the brand new high end PC games will tell you that. Good thing is that most cards now can handle it. However, I think there will be a lot of "NO WE DON'T WANT THIS!" because they don't want to upgrade their hardware.

I could go on and on about the things iClone could have to make it a better program, but I think we already have the point. THe important things on the graphical side are the animation, lighting, and rendering effects. Modeling has already been taken care of with 3DX.

So hopefully someday soon, iClone can render out some very VERY good things.

Oh, and it can already render some very nice looking things now, it's just that you don't see too many of them.

aknzrdude (6/21/2010)
you're absolutely right zuijlen - and that's why they call it non linear video editing

But iClone is considered a linear editor, right? Isn't it? But I still don't get why you can only record for only 5 mins within one take..that doesn't makes sense.

But, I don't really need to know. Tongue
Dreamcube017 (6/22/2010)
Yeah that's what I said.

For example, I'm thinking of buying Lightwave.

Ahhh Lightwave..that takes me back. Back to when NewTek first introduced the VideoToaster which included Lightwave 3D. I fell in love with both...but alas had no cash to afford the 5000$ lot.
ViedToaster is "gone", but it's nice to see Lightwave still around. I say "gone" because NewTek has repackaged as VT[version#] - currently VT[5] and is not longer accompanied with LW3D.
I hope that people realize that even having 3D Studio Max would not allow you to compete with the kind of resources Pixar can bring to the fore. So if only that will satisfy, sell your iClone.

I do not want or need Iclone to mach 3dmax. The tools I am asking for are already in Iclone, I just want them tuned up a bit and easier to use, I do not see how thats a half full glass !

Plus you can not sell on Iclone and the content packs ... So Im happily stuck with it.. I just want the animations I make to have a bit of me in them, Characters that I designed that walk the way I want them to. Now the first of these is a BIGGY and hard for RL to implement, but the motion layers and animation tool are there already they just need work..

If you want to see quality you will have to do it yourself. Typing iClone in YouTube won't help: I got 5,190 responses, which is a lot to go through. Over time, I have seen some work from others I really like and that would look good as well if I had a faster internet connection and could watch in HD. I do like my own films: they're not perfect, but I'm still learning.

I said Iclone to be taken seriously needed you tube to throw up GOOD animations made with it..

Ok that may have been a bit flippant, but at a recent party I got talking to a lad who runs his own Graphic design company and while talking about software 3Dmax was mentioned, I said I had used it while working with Iclone, When he asked what it was I explained, He said he would look it up on youtube, I cringed ! as this was not going to give him the impression of just what Iclone is capable of.

Sorry if that offends
You should've imediatly told him NOT to look it up there.
I got you now bluemidget, no offense. It would be nice to have a "quality" iClone location, but how to achieve that? It's a Catch 22. In order for RL to survive, they need to sell a lot of SW, which means a corresponding load of bad movies. It's kind of unfair because no one would judge the state of live cinema by what's on YouTube.
Well this is a guess, but with live footage ... you kind of see it everyday. If it's bad... we all konw it's purely the person's fault for getting a bad camera or not setting up lighting.

With CG software... it COULD be the software's fault for not being able to support this or that... however in most cases it's not and people just don't use it. That's a shame too.

I'M TELLING YOU GUYS, HDR MAKES THINGS LOOK AT LEAT...  oh... 5% BETTER... remember to turn OFF glare though... keep bloom on.. just a BIT though.

Ok that's just my opinion, but from my tests, it does improve things just a bit.

It would be nice to have a "quality" iClone location, but how to achieve that? It's a Catch 22. In order for RL to survive, they need to sell a lot of SW, which means a corresponding load of bad movies. It's kind of unfair because no one would judge the state of live cinema by what's on YouTube.

Yeah it is unfair and I do not want people who enjoy Iclone to stop putting their films on youtube even if they really shouldn't but the cringe was real. The reason I winge about what Iclone can not do is because its so near to been a far FAR more powerful application.

You should've imediatly told him NOT to look it up there.

I wass tempted to push him in the direction of TMU but thought he may just get the Machinema tag and think thats what Iclone is ... you know what i mean ?
actually no - iclone is a 3d machinima creation software, moviemaker, like most pc based video editors are called non linear editors because you can mix and match and re order any video clips regardless of what sequence they were created

so unless you have that very rare need to have a continuous 5 to 10 minute take (i have yet to see a movie that has that), most people combine clips rendered or filmed from different camera angles/shots and combine them later

so i can render one 1 minute shot today, render the scene preceding it next week, and use the non linear video editor to combine them in the right order

so you can essentially work on any part of your script any time you don't have to go in sequence

paul.chatman (6/23/2010)
aknzrdude (6/21/2010)

But iClone is considered a linear editor, right? Isn't it? But I still don't get why you can only record for only 5 mins within one take..that doesn't makes sense.

But, I don't really need to know. Tongue
physics is bound to happen, sooner than probably most of us expect - for example 3D happened much sooner than we thought it would happen - if you look at how much iclone has changed since version 2, its trajectory is much much faster than a lot of software products out there -

my personal wish in addition to physics is to have more robust internal set creation tools - a souped up 3D blocks

iCone is a great app, but it -like Moviestorm, still needs to grow. I really would like to see features in the app like physics and more than 1 recording camera is Standard (
i think it needs a lot more than just a parser - a parser just uplevels what you have - the problem is theaters have that huge screen where every imperfection shows up - so since iclone is primarily using low polys to make it real time - it will look pretty bad in a theater - unless you are willing to stylize the look (think sin city) to help hide some of the imperfections

all you gotta do to prove it out is render a simple ball prop in iclone - far away it looks smooth and round, up close you can see the segments because it is low poly - sure you can import a much higher poly count ball and improve it but for an actual movie how many high poly objects and characters can you have before it comes crashing down

Capemedia (6/23/2010)
bobkat2000 (6/22/2010)
In Jan. 2010, we pulled the Memorandum from the public due to lack of interest. A few days later, we re-released it due to the fact that three investors had suddenly expressed an interest in our slate. After months of talking to the parties,we again had no takers, due again to the economy and the disbelief in Iclone. Last week, in our annual company meeting, my fellow members in our LLC specifically stated that after a year of trying, they saw no reason to continue believing that Iclone would lead us to success. Reluctantly, I agreed and we signed a deal memo with a high end animation company that would give our films a theatrical release quality comparable to Disney or Pixar.

It was like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for, immediately, investors came forth with a serious interest in our slate. In my 57 years in this industry, I've never seen smiles and excitement like I saw exhibited once we went to the high end animation software. I even saw a high powered NY lawyer smile. That's unheard of.

Charles Chen is a great guy, an honest man, and a true leader of his company. I know, in my heart, that sooner or later he will get IClone to where it is a major contender and a high end animation product. I'll be back when he does. I believe in IClone.

Bob
www.bigchief.tv

Pretty much expected that response from the investors. Don't know if the parser will be available to everyone as I’m sure it could be implemented?
aknzrdude (6/23/2010)
so unless you have that very rare need to have a continuous 5 to 10 minute take (i have yet to see a movie that has that), most people combine clips rendered or filmed from different camera angles/shots and combine them later.

Hitchcock's film "Rope" is famous for its long takes. From Wikipedia: Hitchcock shot for periods lasting up to ten minutes (the length of a film camera magazine), continuously panning from actor to actor, though most shots in the film wound up being shorter.

ok you got me Smile but as i said...rare
zuijlen,

If I remember correctly, "Rope" did not catch on with the audience.  I don't think Hitchcock made another film like "Rope".  Correct me if I'm wrong. 

As as was posted earlier, only on rare occasions would one need to render a 5 minute scene. 

Think of how long it would take to render a scene this length and if at say minute 2.5, something is not correct, one would half to go back, make the corrections to that particular part, ensure that the before and after match up then render again.  A lot of time can be "lost"!

Well this goes along with what I said in another thread about hardware limitations. Besides the fact that iClone can't handle high polycounts due to the hardware, I think even if you had a REALLY good card and stuff,  it still wouldn't work out that well because iClone wasn't made to handle really high poly models in the first place.

Things like MachStudio Pro are used more for this and that's a realtime software.

Things like ArtLantis and Octane nonbiased renderer are not realtime, but they use the graphics hardware to render so you get very nice renders in a shorter ammount of time. (look these up and you'll see.)

So if you want to render something very good looking in realtime or near realtime with hardware... you will NEED A GOOD GRAPHICS CARD. There's no way around it.

I just keep stressing this because I continuously hear people saying they don't want to upgrade their hardware and thigns like that... well... the sad fact is, if you want really high quality, you have to do something to get it.

When they rendered out the graphics for Avatar, they weren't doing it on one desktop I can assure you of that...

Heck, when SEGA's Sonic Team rendered out the gloobal illumination for the levels in Sonic the Hedgehog Unleashed for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, they used around 100 computers and it STILL took a day or two. You probably won't need to wait that long or need that many computers, but at the very least, iClone could start trying to handle higher poly models and people can start getting better cards.

(NVIDIA 9800 GT or one of the newer ATI cards)... and that 9800 isn't new, but it can render some pretty nice things.

I think if iClone had a global illumination solver, that'd still be better than nothing. Yeah, the characters wouldn't have it, but it can be sorta faked. Games do it a lot and it's somewhat believable. ... OR... you can have a very nice realtime preview and then when you hit render, it actually does the real calculations.

That, I wouldn't mind because I have a VERY good idea of what it will look like. In normal 3D appls like 3DS, Maya, and Vue, I really dont' know what it looksl ike till render time, but at render time, it takes so long that I don't feel like waiting for it, just to see how a shader or something will look with shadows and things.

So a realtime preview, with a very good renderer... Hey, how about iClone be able to export it's scene files to other renderers.

That should help... you may still need higher poly models though.

Gee, I could go on and talk about DX11 and stuff but I think I'm getting a bit off topic. So I'll stop.

sjonesdc, to be honest, I hadn't heard of "Rope" other than in a recent film-making class I took. And I agree, rendering long sequences isn't very practical. I usually limit it to one minute or less.

dreamcube, maybe RL can introduce network rendering for iClone. Some of us have more than one computer and all networked. You know, the ones from the wife and the kids could be put to use... BigGrin "DADDY!!! It's sooo slow!!!"

Around Xmas Ill be due to update (fingers crossed ) My Laptop, this is gona have to last me a few years so any recomendations ?BigGrin

Like this 1 http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/global/shared/mediaplayer/m15x_video_screen?~lt=popup&s=dhs&mediaPlayerTargetWidescreen=http://i.dell.com/images/global/video/mediaplayer/assets/video/m15x-video.flv
[quote]zuijlen (6/24/2010)
sjonesdc, to be honest, I hadn't heard of "Rope" other than in a recent film-making class I took. And I agree, rendering long sequences isn't very practical. I usually limit it to one minute or less.[quote]

I'm a fan of Hitchcock but not a connoisseur.  If you watch his films, you'll see that he used many of the camera techniques used today.  Mainly, his films relied on the "story" and not the special effects.  The one movie that did use special effects as a main ingredient was "The Birds", because one could not get the large number of trained birds in any one scene, especially the last scene.  By today's standards, they don't hold up, but the story does.  Hitchcock relied on the story and the camera was used to tell the story. 

As for this thread, most audiences have fairly short attention spans and if they are looking at a scene that goes on and on without some type of change, they lose interest.  

By Keith_MPS - 14 Years Ago
sjonesdc (6/24/2010)As for this thread,most audiences havefairly shortattention spans and if they are looking at a scene that goes on and on without some type of change, they lose interest.

I don't think it's fair to cast this in the negative light of "short attention span". What's actually going on is that storytellers have realized that audiences don't need the plot clarified multiple times. Hanging out with characters can occasionally equal the pleasure story momentum, but you can't use it too often, and your dialogue should be superb.

Hit the plot point in a fun or cool way, make sure the dialogue includes character depth, then move on. One minute into a scene, audiences say "cool". Two minutes into a scene and audiences say "Yeah. I got it, already."

Any scene longer than a couple minutes should include some important suspense.
gnasche (6/24/2010)
sjonesdc (6/24/2010)As for this thread,most audiences havefairly shortattention spans and if they are looking at a scene that goes on and on without some type of change, they lose interest.

I don't think it's fair to cast this in the negative light of "short attention span". What's actually going on is that storytellers have realized that audiences don't need the plot clarified multiple times. Hanging out with characters can occasionally equal the pleasure story momentum, but you can't use it too often, and your dialogue should be superb.

Hit the plot point in a fun or cool way, make sure the dialogue includes character depth, then move on. One minute into a scene, audiences say "cool". Two minutes into a scene and audiences say "Yeah. I got it, already."

Any scene longer than a couple minutes should include some important suspense.

I think we agreew00t

By "Siouxie Sioux" - Super Hero No.1 - 9 Years Ago
OK, so.... 5 years on and we STILL don't see iClone recognition.
There has to be some kind of back office hate-game going on because I don't see how iClone can NOT be included as a serious contender for animated, still output.
Peculiarly everything else younger than iClone and alternate nonanimational software IS included.
???
By DELETED2 - 9 Years Ago
CoolStill no change.  I wonder if it's worth writing to someone there and asking. I, for one, would be fascinated to hear the logic-sense depicting non-inclusion. Cool
Armstrong.
Sad Hmmmph.
 Can I ask, Swo00op, what you think of indigo?
I ask you because your knowledgability regarding the field is sharp. That, and the fact that indigo p*ss*s me off because it can't cope with my set size and prop count.
I saw everybodys' renders and I can see the difference. But the simplicity of them and the isolative depiction of set content I found degrading to iClone's otherwise abilities and embarrassingly dull.
Like some kind of misplaced excitement from 1994 when people could render octagons with coloured sides.
Armstrong.
sw00000p (5/11/2015)
...//... DANG IT!   Reallusion got me all excited with.... PBR support. The moment this happens... "I'll be the first in line to purchase it!
This is were INDIGO shines.... The Full Featured Version Supports PBR. $$$$w00tw00tw00t

So then... in summary...
1. WHEN Reallusion create a version of iClone that's supports PBR
2. and WHEN we purchase the FULL Indigo Solution
3.  It will cope with large set size, and render Hi-Quality results with more confidence and reliability WITHOUT creating 634 duplicate tex files for every one of the 17 thousand frames the animation render comprises.

???

By planetstardragon - 9 Years Ago
and this is why I think we need a developer blog -  to keep in tune with RL and whats going on.   It's better to understand things that change as they go along,  than have them suddenly disappear which eventually degrades the value of announcements.  
By animagic - 9 Years Ago
Sorry, shouldn't bite.