Character Creator 4 is Arriving: New Features Introduction

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic499403.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Miranda (RL) - 3 Years Ago
Hi Character Creator Users,

The main focus of Character Creator 4 (CC4) is to enliven and give personality to any biped humanoid, whether they are humans or creatures.

In version 4.0, imagination and creativity are no longer limited by an existing character base. Instead, any rigged character can be imported, characterized, and optimized in Character Creator 4.  Characters will be fully compatible with iClone for lip-syncing, facial/body animation, and also be ready for ActorCore mocap animations to save time in production.

Users can further check talking and body animation, cloth/hair physics, spring dynamics, and preview animations directly in Character Creator 4.

You can check the 3D Character Creation & Animation webpage for more information about presale orders, feature comparison, and FAQs.

The following are the new features revealed in Part One of Work-in-Progress Preview: 
  • Enliven Any Character Rig
  • Animation Preview, Display, and Render
  • Advanced Facial Performance
  • Custom Expression Blendshapes
  • Asset Import, Prop Editing, and Optimization Using InstaLOD
  • Other Enhancements
You can check this article for a new feature highlight.

If you are interested in diving deep into the details, you can refer to this document.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c9068a57-30b9-4345-aa0c-116f.png

Feature comparison: Character Creator 4 vs Character Creator 3
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/47685b9e-3334-41da-9469-bea4.png

If you have further questions, please contact our Support Team, or join the discussion here.

Reallusion Team

By Jeasy - 3 Years Ago
Amazing new features, Can't wait to try it hands on Smile Congratulations to the Reallusion team.
Miranda (RL) (11/5/2021)
Hi Character Creator Users,

The main focus of Character Creator 4 (CC4) is to enlivening and giving personality to any biped humanoid, whether they are humans or creatures.

In version 4.0, imagination and creativity is no longer limited by an existing character base. Instead, any rigged character can be imported, characterized, and optimized in Character Creator 4.  Characters will be fully compatible with iClone for lip-sync, facial/body animation, and also be ready for ActorCore mocap animations to save time in production.

er check talking and body animation, cloth/hair physics, spring dynamics, and preview animations directly in Character Creator 4.

You can check the 3D Character Creation & Animation webpage for more information about presale orders, feature comparison, and FAQs.

The following are the new features revealed in the Part One of Work-in-Progress Preview: 
  • Enliven Any Character Rig
  • Animation Preview, Display and Render
  • Advanced Facial Performance
  • Custom Expression Blendshapes
  • Asset Import, Prop Editing, and Optimization Using InstaLOD
  • Other Enhancements
You can check this article for a new feature highlight.

If you are interested in diving deep into the details, you can refer to this document.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c9068a57-30b9-4345-aa0c-116f.png

Feature comparison: Character Creator 4 vs Character Creator 3
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/47685b9e-3334-41da-9469-bea4.png

If you have further questions, please contact our Support Team, or join the discussion here.

Reallusion Team

By wires - 3 Years Ago
Things just get better and better. Smile

Terrific set of new features. CoolSmooooth
By rosuckmedia - 3 Years Ago
Wow cool new features,👍😊
Greetings rosuckmedia
By Bassline303 - 3 Years Ago
Great Stuff !  👍
By animasyoncugu - 3 Years Ago
great features, first of all congratulations to your team but it was a small disappointment. I couldn't see the long-awaited wrinkle system, CC4 will be released in spring and it's a long time for us but then I'll be sad if I don't see the wrinkle system, I think if the system is ready, it should not be kept waiting for other versions, it should be recognized with the first release in spring because it will be used as a priority feature in many animation projects is requested. Don't make us wait any longer on this issue, thank you
By Miranda (RL) - 3 Years Ago
animasyoncugu (11/5/2021)
great features, first of all congratulations to your team but it was a small disappointment. I couldn't see the long-awaited wrinkle system, CC4 will be released in spring and it's a long time for us but then I'll be sad if I don't see the wrinkle system, I think if the system is ready, it should not be kept waiting for other versions, it should be recognized with the first release in spring because it will be used as a priority feature in many animation projects is requested. Don't make us wait any longer on this issue, thank you

Hello animasyoncugu,

Yes, we understand how key wrinkle will be when it comes to realistic human animation. 
We are sure that dynamic wrinkles will be supported in the next release. Smile
By gicag14102 - 3 Years Ago
Can we import Daz 8.1 convert automatically using transformer or buildIn 3dxchange profile.
By Hewa' s Art - 3 Years Ago
Congratulations Reallusion team. Amazing new features Smile
By mastajappa - 3 Years Ago
Wow the future looks brighter and brighter.
By justaviking - 3 Years Ago
Looks great.

I watch announcement videos like that, and always imagine myself effortlessly creating awesome characters in minutes (or seconds).
Then two things happen.
1) I remember that even with great software, it still requires effort and time to make awe-inspiring creations.  When you see some adjustment being done in a 3-second clip, you do not see the other 782 adjustments that were done.
2) Most of all, I run into that barrier that exists between my imagination and the computer.  Me.  I'm good with computers, but, sadly, "art" does not flow out of my fingertips.  With every release of Character Creator and iClone, the software becomes for powerful and the limitation is increasingly "me."

Can't wait to get the new version.  Smile
By Mythcons - 3 Years Ago
The upcoming changes are phenomenal, possibly industry-shaking. I can see these tools being used for more professional studios. I really like that Reallusion is addressing workflow optimization in addition to feature implementation.
By animasyoncugu - 3 Years Ago
Miranda (RL) (11/5/2021)
animasyoncugu (11/5/2021)

Hello animasyoncugu,

Yes, we understand how key wrinkle will be when it comes to realistic human animation. 
We are sure that dynamic wrinkles will be supported in the next release. Smile

By Casanuda - 3 Years Ago
Hi,

Looks great, but I have a question which I could not quite catch the answer from the video.

When importing for example from DAZ, is the model, textures and weight painting un-changed? Or does is still get re-meshed to the Charactor Creator mesh?
Or put as an example, can I import a Daz character and it remains exactly as exported, but I can now use acculips in conjunction with animation in iClone?

Thanks
Cas

By mark - 3 Years Ago
Oh man this is looking so very cool! BigGrin
By Segune - 3 Years Ago
Professional Animation for the masses is here. To quote Syndrome in " The Incredibles" : And when everyone's super, (Evil Laugh) no-one will be. 
By ultimativity - 3 Years Ago
These features look outstanding. Looking forward to them.  
In order to qualify for the CC4 upgrade, I purchased some software, including Headshot.  My chief reason for purchasing Headshot was actually to obtain the Headshot Morph 1000+ so that I have increased capacity to modify characters. [I would like to stop using my Face Gen > Daz > CC3 pipeline, and do everything in CC 3/4.]

I have some questions about the CC4 character based on:
  1. this chart https://www.reallusion.com/content/characterspec/#comparision
  2. this chart https://www.reallusion.com/content/characterspec/
Chart 1 states that the standard character in CC4 will be Actor Build, material for crowd rendering.
Chart 2 states that the Actor Build character will be game based, suitable for crowd rendering.
Question # 1: In CC4, will I be able to modify the Actor Build characters with Headshot 1000+, as I can now modify CC3+ characters?
Question # 2: Will my CC3+ characters be convertible to the Actor Build characters?
Also,
Chart 2 states that the Actor Origin character will be CC based.
Question # 3: In CC4, will I be able to modify the Actor Origin characters Headshot 1000+?
Question # 4: Above chart 2, the copy states that Actor Origin is the 'native character format (CC3+)'. Does this mean that my current characters will auto-covert to Actor Origin in CC4? [Like CC3 converted to CC3+ with a simple update function].
Thanks, in advance for your response.
Nathan
By Peter (RL) - 3 Years Ago
filippo.cascioli (11/5/2021)
Hi,

Looks great, but I have a question which I could not quite catch the answer from the video.

When importing for example from DAZ, is the model, textures and weight painting un-changed? Or does is still get re-meshed to the Charactor Creator mesh?
Or put as an example, can I import a Daz character and it remains exactly as exported, but I can now use acculips in conjunction with animation in iClone?

Thanks
Cas

Hi Cas

Character Creator 4 will give you both options. You can import using Transformer to CC Standard base mesh or you can import as a Non-standard character and have the character exactly as it was in Daz Studio. The plus side of using Transformer is that the Daz figure becomes a standard CC3 character that can share any of the clothing in your library. Non-Standard characters won't be able to do that.
ultimativity (11/9/2021)

I have some questions about the CC4 character based on:
  1. this chart https://www.reallusion.com/content/characterspec/#comparision
  2. this chart https://www.reallusion.com/content/characterspec/
Chart 1 states that the standard character in CC4 will be Actor Build, material for crowd rendering.
Chart 2 states that the Actor Build character will be game based, suitable for crowd rendering.

Question # 1: In CC4, will I be able to modify the Actor Build characters with Headshot 1000+, as I can now modify CC3+ characters?

Not sure where you got that ActorBuild will be the new standard. Each character type will have it's own use but ActorOrigin will be the overall standard I would say. Regarding Headshot, you would use this with your ActorOrigin base characters. ActorBuild characters can then be created from ActorOrigin characters in a similar way to GameBase characters can now in CC3.

Question # 2: Will my CC3+ characters be convertible to the Actor Build characters?

Yes.

Question # 3: In CC4, will I be able to modify the Actor Origin characters Headshot 1000+?

Yes. ActorOrigin is just the new name for standard CC characters like CC1, CC3 and CC3+ and they will be used and converted in the same way as they are now.

Question # 4: Above chart 2, the copy states that Actor Origin is the 'native character format (CC3+)'. Does this mean that my current characters will auto-covert to Actor Origin in CC4? [Like CC3 converted to CC3+ with a simple update function].

Please see my answer to Question 3.

Please Note: ActorScan and ActorBuild characters are already available in our ActorCore library below. At the moment these character types are not compatible with CC3 but in CC4 they will become supported character types along with other types of non-standard or non-human characters.

https://actorcore.reallusion.com/actor 

By ultimativity - 3 Years Ago
Thanks for your response. I understand the system better now.
By skiski - 3 Years Ago
Hello,
It would be great if you could release a python API for CC3/CC4 and SkinGen
By Tara921012 - 3 Years Ago
Will we be able to add body morphs to characters we import? I see there is facial editing, but what about body? Would be great if I could apply some human morphs to non human characters. 
By Hookflash - 3 Years Ago
Can someone elaborate on the "Delta Mush" feature listed in the CC3 vs CC4 comparison? Is this going to be similar to Maya's delta mush deformer, which is used to correct bad joint deformation in characters, and will it transfer to iClone 8?
By delebash - 3 Years Ago
First off I really like CC3.  That being said there is a clear quality difference in Unreal's Metahuman characters and CC3.  Will the CC4 character base be improved to match or beat the quality of the Metahuman characters?

When you talk about being able to use any character model in CC4 what do you mean by that?  Currently with 3DExchange we can do that although it can be a pain.  Does this mean we will have 1 click imports for Metahuman, Daz characters without having to map bones or expressions?

Thanks!
delebash (11/21/2021)

When you talk about being able to use any character model in CC4 what do you mean by that?  Currently with 3DExchange we can do that although it can be a pain.  Does this mean we will have 1 click imports for Metahuman, Daz characters without having to map bones or expressions?

Thanks!

Like 3DXchange you will be able to import Non-Standard and Non-Human characters but the process is streamlined and much improved. For common character types the process will be automatic (1-Click), but for characters with unusual bone structures some manual mapping will still be required.
By facr73 - 3 Years Ago
Peter,

It could have a mirror match for bones when the structure is different. For instance, when choosing left_arm it could just automatically select and map the right_arm...
It would save the trouble to do all for the other side :-)
By delebash - 3 Years Ago
One thing that may help is for those characters that have an unusual type is either for you or other customers to create settings for those characters.  Maybe a github repo where settings can be uploaded for anyone to download.  That way you get help from the community in mapping other character types.  Just a thought.  Cheers!!
By a373157868 - 3 Years Ago
I'm looking forward to that!  I love your software!  This allowed me, who was new to UE4, to make UE4 characters!  I've been struggling with facial capture and dynamic expression wrinkles lately!  There are!  I'm looking forward to this nice app fixing the tongue's IPHONE capture!  I'm sure it won't be difficult for your talented team!  
By General Picture Animation - 3 Years Ago
What does CC4 mean for CC3+ characters???

Will there be a CC4 format that tempts us to recreate the same characters anew to take advantage of anything new????
By mtakerkart - 3 Years Ago
"There will be an advanced facial expression set that includes 140+ morphs to give your CC3+ characters authentic facial expressions."

https://magazine.reallusion.com/2021/11/05/character-creator-4-new-features-introduction/

hope this helps

By alemar - 3 Years Ago
Awesome!
By mazinkaiser.zero - 3 Years Ago
Is it going to be possible to import Daz characters with geografts correctly?
I imagine something like Genesis 8 Centaur wouldn't be as a straightforward process due to the rigging but for stuff like bipedal demon legs, tails, horns, cybernetic arms, etc, it should work at least as a non standard character, right?
As long as the grafts get properly attached to the character instead of getting imported as accessories/clothing as they currently do, as far as I know.

PD. I think it is currently possible to do it with CC3+ and iClone7, by sending the Daz figure to Blender to merge the grafts with the base mesh and rig, then send to 3dxchange7 to set them up as non-standard characters but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it properly yet, so I'm basically wondering if CC4 will make that process better/easier
By Siverse - 3 Years Ago
Hi was wondering can we create body morphs for our imported characters in the new CC4?
By ojala.juha - 3 Years Ago
Hello!
The trailer showed that we can import custom characters inside CC4. Does this mean that we can equip the custom character with the clothes we have?
By Masterstroke - 3 Years Ago
mazinkaiser.zero (12/12/2021)
I imagine something like Genesis 8 Centaur wouldn't be as a straightforward process due to the rigging but for stuff like bipedal demon legs, tails, horns, cybernetic arms, etc, it should work at least as a non standard character, right?
As long as the grafts get properly attached to the character instead of getting imported as accessories/clothing as they currently do, as far as I know.

PD. I think it is currently possible to do it with CC3+ and iClone7, by sending the Daz figure to Blender to merge the grafts with the base mesh and rig, then send to 3dxchange7 to set them up as non-standard characters but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it properly yet, so I'm basically wondering if CC4 will make that process better/easier

I think this is the most important question. Make sure it doesn't get lost here.
By MatCreator - 3 Years Ago
I see in the list of accepted figures is "Blender"... but Blender doesnt make figures, could you explain more?!? Does this mean a figure using a rigify armature/bone set up? There are quite a few blender figure generation add-ons that have bone systems for the created figure, but does that make them all "acceptable" for conversion? do you know which in particular by chance?!?

I too am curious about Daz3D's geografts... 
By mazinkaiser.zero - 2 Years Ago
Masterstroke (12/30/2021)

I think this is the most important question. Make sure it doesn't get lost here.

Well, I had a bunch of stuff in my cart for the Holiday Sale waiting for any answer, because if CC4 does make possible to import Daz figures with geografts I'd jump on the bandwagon inmediately, buuut.... based on the lack of answer my guess is probably not and the sale is done (or almost done) so I lost interest about it. If I'm wrong and it actually makes it possible then I guess I'll find out someday if I remember to check again and maybe I'll upgrade.
By cepheistudios - 2 Years Ago
My biggest wish for CC4 is the ability to import Daz3d clothes to CC without having to watch a video done by Mike Kelly (I don't know how Reallusion hasn't hired him as a consultant) to get it to work smoothly. While I love CC content store and marketplace, Daz just has way more stuff but the bridge from Daz to CC for clothes (and poses) isn't smooth at all. Basically it's so complicated that it put me off from buying Daz3d stuff altogether, which I hate because anything I want to export from CC to UE means I have to buy the export license whereas if I use Daz3d gear I don't have to pay the extra cost AND I get access to a bigger library.
By yepkoo - 2 Years Ago
Daz has a lot more assets, but its interactive licenses are 10x the RL store's Export licenses. Because even for a single product, they want an interactive license of 50-60 dollars. I don't buy any product other than export license, so RL store is better for me and product variety increases as time goes on.

You buy normal products, if you want to create a game or application one day, none of your assets will be of use to you.
For a product that I spend money on, it bothers me to experience any restrictions in the future.

But facilitating the transfer of DAZ assets to CC might be good for me as well. Sometimes there are big discounted interactive license sales, then I could consider it. I'm not going to risk spending money on DAZ right now.
By animagic - 2 Years Ago
cepheistudios (1/2/2022)
My biggest wish for CC4 is the ability to import Daz3d clothes to CC without having to watch a video done by Mike Kelly (I don't know how Reallusion hasn't hired him as a consultant) to get it to work smoothly. While I love CC content store and marketplace, Daz just has way more stuff but the bridge from Daz to CC for clothes (and poses) isn't smooth at all. Basically it's so complicated that it put me off from buying Daz3d stuff altogether, which I hate because anything I want to export from CC to UE means I have to buy the export license whereas if I use Daz3d gear I don't have to pay the extra cost AND I get access to a bigger library.

According to Mike it's simple (and he had indeed a lot to do with improving the process), and if you have ever any trouble with an asset he is quite willing to help.

I think people should better appreciate the effort it takes to convert a proprietary format (DAZ) into something else, with no support at all from DAZ I might add.

Curiously, DAZ now suddenly has started to develop "bridges" to other applications, but not CC/iClone... Makes you think...Unsure
By mtakerkart - 2 Years Ago
if we look at the last creation of Tokomotion, there is only one price: that of the export ...
https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/Pack/hairstudio-hairstyles-vol-1
it may be the trend.
when we also look at the trend for the future, udk5's "Nanite" technology no longer requires the creation of low resolution objects / characters,
 which implies that DAZ has every interest in facilitating the export of its store because  the majority of their stock is in hirez.
I think Iclone 8 will be the main animation tool for Indie but CC4 will have to compete with Metahuman.
One of the Royal ways that I see for Iclone is that there will be an application that will allow our films to be broadcast in the "Metaver" format in a easy way.
Iclone would be the easiest tool to create this.
By magikshow - 2 Years Ago
I have been a user of Reallusion for 10 years. Will I have to buy cc4 and iclone 8 again?
By Zeronimo - 2 Years Ago
magikshow (1/3/2022)
I have been a user of Reallusion for 10 years. Will I have to buy cc4 and iclone 8 again?

No one is obliged to buy iC8 and CC4, you can continue to use iC7 and CC3 without any problems, they should be available for download until iC10 and CC6 are released, for those who own iC7 and CC3. 
IC7 and CC3 will no longer be available for sale to new users once iC8 and CC4 are released.
But if you want to benefit from the new features, you will have to buy the new versions 
By General Picture Animation - 2 Years Ago
I bought iClone when it was nothing more than a silly little toy called "It's Me." No kidding!
By magikshow - 2 Years Ago
General Picture Animation (1/3/2022)
I bought iClone when it was nothing more than a silly little toy called "It's Me." No kidding!

I bought everything from realyuzhn, all programs and plugins! Now I have to buy this program again? I hope there will be a good discount for the golden user?
By Peter (RL) - 2 Years Ago
magikshow (1/3/2022)

I bought everything from realyuzhn, all programs and plugins! Now I have to buy this program again? I hope there will be a good discount for the golden user?

Existing iClone and Character Creator users will be able to upgrade for a discounted price upon release. You won't have to pay full price.
ojala.juha (12/25/2021)
Hello!
The trailer showed that we can import custom characters inside CC4. Does this mean that we can equip the custom character with the clothes we have?

Hi...

It depends on the character type being imported. If you import a character with a non-standard bone structure then the character will be classified as a non-standard character and so standard cc clothing won't be compatible. However, if a character is imported and converted as a standard CC character then it will be compatible with all existing clothing.

Virtually any character will be able to be imported into CC4, however not all characters will be converted as standard CC characters and some will  still be classified as non-standard characters.

Unfortunately full details of all the new character conversion features of CC4 have yet to be finalised, but hopefully these will be finally revealed later in the month in the new WIP videos.
By Miranda (RL) - 2 Years Ago
Thanks Peter for comments.
Hi mazinkaiser.zero,

Yes, the native Daz characters could be imported. Although extra meshes like tails, horns won't be rigged, you can further assign them to be "spring bone" for animation.
Take this Sketchfab model for example,

Peter (RL) (1/4/2022)

Virtually any character will be able to be imported into CC4, however not all characters will be converted as standard CC characters and some will  still be classified as non-standard characters.

Unfortunately full details of all the new character conversion features of CC4 have yet to be finalised, but hopefully these will be finally revealed later in the month in the new WIP videos.

Hi Siverse,

Custom characters that do not utilize CC bones are categorized as non-standard characters. Non-standard characters do not support bone-driven morphs. However, users can customize Expression blendshapes to replicate bone-driven morphs.

Siverse (12/19/2021)
Hi was wondering can we create body morphs for our imported characters in the new CC4?

By mazinkaiser.zero - 2 Years Ago
Thank you for the replies, Miranda and Peter.
The problem with the geografts is not so much the rigging but that right now they get imported basically as clothing so they aren't actually part of the character when importing. Like I mentioned, the only way I found around this is sending the daz figure with the geograft applied to blender and combining the meshes there, but then CC wouldn't recognize it as a Daz figure afaik. I've tried doing it right now through 3dxchange7 and I really can't find the right export/import and configuration settings to get it working so I was hopeful CC4 would make it easier. I suppose the only way CC4 would be able to fix this without extra steps is by applying some sort of boolean modifier on import but maybe that's asking for too much. I don't mind going through blender to do it but hopefully there will be better documentation and tutorials on how to go about it.

Miranda (RL) (1/7/2022)
Thanks Peter for comments.
Hi mazinkaiser.zero,

Yes, the native Daz characters could be imported. Although extra meshes like tails, horns won't be rigged, you can further assign them to be "spring bone" for animation.
Take this Sketchfab model for example,

Peter (RL) (1/4/2022)

By MatCreator - 2 Years Ago
i asked about the blender figure because while blender doesnt have its own characters, there are many other apps that allow character creation specifically for use in blender, and i wanted to know if these will be able to be imported as well. make human, mb-labs, human generator... this would be a huge boost if the custom figures from these can be imported into iclone as well. im still very new blender, but i believe the standard rig would be a riggify rig, but again, more info would be nice... each app has its own "system" and way of doing rigs, so i was curious what a "blender" figure means...
MatCreator (1/18/2022)
i asked about the blender figure because while blender doesnt have its own characters, there are many other apps that allow character creation specifically for use in blender, and i wanted to know if these will be able to be imported as well. make human, mb-labs, human generator... this would be a huge boost if the custom figures from these can be imported into iclone as well. im still very new blender, but i believe the standard rig would be a riggify rig, but again, more info would be nice... each app has its own "system" and way of doing rigs, so i was curious what a "blender" figure means...

Character Creator 4 will allow you to import rigged characters from almost any source and convert these for use in iClone 8. So if you import a character with a non-standard bone rig you will be able to map the bones in CC4 so the character will be compatible with all your existing iClone motion library.
when you say "map the bones", you mean like when you match up figures bones in 3dxchange?

thanks
MatCreator (1/21/2022)
when you say "map the bones", you mean like when you match up figures bones in 3dxchange?

thanks

Yes. CC4 features an improved version of the mapping system found in 3DXchange.

By MilesV - 2 Years Ago
I decided to rewatch the videos found in the Google Slides presentation (link in OP), but this time I'm pausing regularly and taking a close look at each new screen. I'm starting to notice a lot of little differences and additions. The videos are worth a rewatch if you haven't done so.
By ckalan1 - 2 Years Ago
Please share the link that you are referencing. What/where is (OP)?

Thanks
By MilesV - 2 Years Ago
ckalan1 (1/25/2022)
Please share the link that you are referencing. What/where is (OP)?

Thanks

OP is original post. Here's the link: Character Creator 4 New Features Introduction - Google Slides
By MilesV - 2 Years Ago
Miranda/Peter,

Will the new default be no character loaded at start? It appears that way in some videos.

Will we be able to render animated clips?

In one of the accessory clips a second character is added to the scene. Is this just a fluke because it came in as an accessory? Or will we be able to add multiple characters?

I saw a pipeline button for Marvelous Designer! Will there be improvements to editing clothing inside of CC4? Or is the focus on doing it with third-party tools?

Edit: I just looked at the comparison chart again and see that we can render animated video. Awesome!
The Future of 3D Character Creation & Animation - Reallusion
Hi MilesV,

Wow, you seemed to look deeply into every video. Nice catch! Please check our comments below. Smile

MilesV (1/26/2022)
Miranda/Peter,

Will the new default be no character loaded at start? It appears that way in some videos.

Yes, CC4 can be initiated without a default character on the viewport.

In one of the accessory clips a second character is added to the scene. Is this just a fluke because it came in as an accessory? Or will we be able to add multiple characters?

Only one character can be loaded.

I saw a pipeline button for Marvelous Designer! Will there be improvements to editing clothing inside of CC4? Or is the focus on doing it with third-party tools?

It was an integration experiment between two parties. We don't have specific plan for launch.  

By CCUnityUser - 2 Years Ago
What actually is this feature:
Bone List Panel & Bone Filter

Does it mean we can remove unneccessary bones? Like all the individual toe bones, when the character has shoes? 

In one of the videos it shows the bone list and under that it says "Set bone type:" and "Unused" is one of the options, so would that do it?
By Bassline303 - 2 Years Ago
By rosuckmedia - 2 Years Ago
Many Thanks, 
Great and Cool👍
Greetings Robert
By veta_raven - 2 Years Ago
@ Miranda (RL)

Is CC4's base character the same as CC3's base character, but with an upgraded facial rig to improve expressions?

Like, will the Headshot Morph 1000+ and Ultimate Morphs packages still be relevant?

Vata Raven (3/4/2022)
@ Miranda (RL)

Is CC4's base character the same as CC3's base character, but with an upgraded facial rig to improve expressions?

Like, will the Headshot Morph 1000+ and Ultimate Morphs packages still be relevant?

Hi...

CC3+ characters will still be one of the main default character types in CC4 so existing morph packs will still be relevant.

You can see the new and supported character types below. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9390c9d0-142a-4c55-8eaf-6fb7.jpg

Peter (RL) (3/7/2022)
Hi...

You can see the new and supported character types below. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9390c9d0-142a-4c55-8eaf-6fb7.jpg

Where is that chart on Reallusion's website?
By skillmer - 2 Years Ago
@Vata Raven

Look here:
https://www.reallusion.com/3d-creation/#cc-comparison
https://www.reallusion.com/3d-creation/

Best Regards

Thank you!
By bastion_100711 - 2 Years Ago
Any firm timeline on the release date?  I've heard Spring and at the EARLIST Spring.  Is spring confirmed yet and if so do we have a more specific window (Early, Mid, Late or even a month or date?)

Thanks.
By Polaraul - 2 Years Ago
Will this issue be addressed in CC4?
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Exporting-morphs-to-game-engines-like-unreal-or-unity
bastion_100711 (3/12/2022)
Any firm timeline on the release date?  I've heard Spring and at the EARLIST Spring.  Is spring confirmed yet and if so do we have a more specific window (Early, Mid, Late or even a month or date?)

Thanks.

Hi...

Spring is still the scheduled timeframe. As Spring runs from late March to late June you can expect the release to be announced most likely from mid to late Spring. But as always this is subject to change should there be any last minute problems in the development schedule.

Unfortunately no. Exporting morphs directly from Character Creator is not a planned feature of the 4.0 release.
By Garry_Seven_of_one - 2 Years Ago
Hi,

Will you be able to export a character with subdivisions to be used in Unreal with CC4?
a few things i dont think have come up... i really like the way we can customize textures for clothes and such, but the system is somewhat complicated. has that been improved on at all? also, what about the plug-ins in have now? will i have to buy another skingen and iray renderer?!?
By animagic - 2 Years Ago
MatCreator (3/27/2022)
also, what about the plug-ins in have now? will i have to buy another skingen and iray renderer?!?

You will get compatible iClone8/CC4 versions of plugins that you currently own for free.
many thanks again and hi 5 on that!
By depredor2018 - 2 Years Ago
I really hope you plan on releasing it with UE5 support out of the box. I would hate to delay updating my project until you guy's release support for it.
By DomusLudus - 2 Years Ago
Will character creator 4 have the possibility to export the skeleton to the new Unreal 5 mannequin?
By jmuff - 2 Years Ago
Any API/Commandline access?
By minotorus - 2 Years Ago
Hello. I received my copy of Character creator 4 and iclone 8. however the concern for now is that the facial animations for the daz characters are not working and there is no way to fix this? with 3DX Change we could easily adjust facial animations and even customize. With Character Creator 4 impossible to do it! this function is not finished or what? and if so how to do there is not a clear tutorial to show how to edit the facial animations on the characters of daz?
Thank you for any help you can give us on this matter.