For future iClone competitions, DO NOT use Instagram!!!

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic497994.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By CoryWilliams - 3 Years Ago
Never mind my reasons. Just avoid using Instagram for Reallusion contests.
By BlueyCreative - 3 Years Ago
CoryWilliams (10/14/2021)
Never mind my reasons. Just avoid using Instagram for Reallusion contests.

So this post is useless without any type of reasoning, sounds like a personal grievance?

If I could delete this post, I would. Reallusion had me do extra work for this contest because they didn’t know how to watch my reels on Instagram. So I posted my issue to hopefully save others from having this issue but what I wrote was too wordy and I just feel like no one would really care. Yes, I am upset because they threatened to DQ me because they didn’t know how to use Instagram then asked me upload all of my raw WIP videos to YouTube so they could use them for something, yet the videos they asked for were never watched. So why put me through that stress? Now I just want to forget all of this, which is why I wish I could delete this topic.
By m1sterv1sual - 3 Years Ago
Don't be frustrated. For future reference, follow contest rules and guidelines. I know how it is working on systems and it's not easy to make exceptions nor it's fair.
mistervisual (10/14/2021)
Don't be frustrated. For future reference, follow contest rules and guidelines. I know how it is working on systems and it's not easy to make exceptions nor it's fair.

I followed the rules and guidelines exactly as they were written. The issue was that the guy who emailed me couldn’t watch my Instagram videos from his computer because they were Instagram Reels. Reels only work on phones. I had a lot of views on those reels too. Next time Reallusion should make it clearer that Reels aren’t accepted.
By planetstardragon - 3 Years Ago
Thank you for the heads up. Smile

mistervisual (10/14/2021)

By Zeronimo - 3 Years Ago
the rules were clearly stated
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/19dad609-52f9-4f52-994f-a5de.jpg
no debating please,  he showed evidence of how there were different postings of rules,  and he's just trying to let everyone know to avoid instagram next time so they don't experience the frustration he did,  he's not leading a rebellion. I'd be upset too if my entry was overlooked because of that. 

So thank you for the heads up.

Zeronimo (10/15/2021)
the rules were clearly stated
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/19dad609-52f9-4f52-994f-a5de.jpg

My final video was uploaded to YouTube and even got an Honorable Mention. My intention was to save people a headache here. THIS is why I regret posting this topic. I knew it would turn into this.
planetstardragon (10/15/2021)
no debating please,  he showed evidence of how there were different postings of rules,  and he's just trying to let everyone know to avoid instagram next time so they don't experience the frustration he did,  he's not leading a rebellion. I'd be upset too if my entry was overlooked because of that. 

So thank you for the heads up.

Thank you for understanding. I should probably walk away now. lol
nah bro,  I get it....been here for years and I've experienced my share.   You seem like a nice person and talented artist who worked hard on your entry,  and hopefully reallusion will take note and avoid this kind of issue in the future.   I imagine it wasn't easy for them either with all the entries all over the place, I was tempted to enter the contest myself,  but it's not my first rodeo,  I decided to spend more time working on nft's instead because it would have been less stressful than the contest  I know how it gets.  and i also know how such things can flare up into a big "how did this happen" scenarios.

Plus I'm like the biggest debater monster on the forum,  ask anyone including reallusion,  this was an easy win for me   and I won without having to fight anyone.....lmao