Differences between model generations?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic494385.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By CYBL - 3 Years Ago
Hello please could someone tell me the differences between G1, G2, G3, G3 Free Bone and G3-360 please?
What are the differences between morph based and sprite based heads? Are they all suitable for lip-syncing and mocap?
I find all the options very confusing. I'm trying to learn how to draw my own sprites and rigs for lip-syncing but I find the G3-360 heads too complicated for a beginner. (I'd rather have a static head to begin with, but confused as to which dummy to use.)

Finally, has anyone found a Discord server specifically for CrazyTalk/CTA please?

Thanks for your help!
By kylelee - 3 Years Ago
CYBL (9/12/2021)
Hello please could someone tell me the differences between G1, G2, G3, G3 Free Bone and G3-360 please?
What are the differences between morph based and sprite based heads? Are they all suitable for lip-syncing and mocap?
I find all the options very confusing. I'm trying to learn how to draw my own sprites and rigs for lip-syncing but I find the G3-360 heads too complicated for a beginner. (I'd rather have a static head to begin with, but confused as to which dummy to use.)

Finally, has anyone found a Discord server specifically for CrazyTalk/CTA please?

Thanks for your help!

Hi
CTA has two types of characters, one is a single angle character, another is a multi-angle.
Single angle character: 
  • G1 / G3 / G3 360 / G3 Free Bone
    • G1 characters are CTA1 characters, but G1 does not appear in CTA4, they will auto-convert to G2 in CTA4.
    • G3 characters include G3 360 / G3 Free Bone / G3 Template characters
      • You just know there are two types, Free Bone and Template.
        • Free Bone characters are you can add bone by yourself for any image.
          • such as scratch images, simple characters, or just any image.
        • Template characters are official provide characters, but also you can create by yourself if you have any PSD editor.
          • Template characters will compatible with embed motion and 3D motion and Human template characters support Motion LIVE 2D for doing facial mocap.
          • Template characters include humans, animals, spines, wings.
          • You also can add bone on template bone, but you cannot remove any template bones
      • G3 360 characters vs G3 characters:
        • G3 360 characters have 360 head animation, but G3 character does not have this setting. 
        • And G3 360 characters are the new CTA version 4, G3 characters are version 3.
        • They have a different is arm joint, you will find that G3 360 has two parts of the forearm and upper arm by two sprites, but G3 characters just only an arm by a single sprite.
  • G2 characters
    • Those are multi-angle characters.
    • Their process is from adobe animate (Flash), you have to use RL .swf template and replace all of the sprites in animate cc.
Here is an online manual, provide you with as a reference: 
https://manual.reallusion.com/Cartoon_Animator_4/ENU/Pipeline/Content/Resources/ENU/03_Actor/Character_Types/Character_Types.htm?Highlight=character%20type

Morph base and Sprite base are different with sprites number.
You can use a photo to create a Morph base character that is just a single image.Sprite base has a number of sprites to switch for lipsync and face puppet.Are they all suitable for lip-syncing and mocap? => Yes, they are suitable for lip-syncing and mocap, but you must consider your character design. 
If your character has exaggerated performance, I prefer you use sprite base.