Daz Cyborgs into cc3

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic493956.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By armondtanz - 3 Years Ago
Just curious to know if any1 has tried this type of export out of DAZ into CC3/iClone?
Ive had a quick look on morphs etc. but not 100% sure. 
Any great tutorials? 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/387ba875-867a-472e-bef4-c057.jpg
By Kelleytoons - 3 Years Ago
I didn't get that one yet, but I've done a lot of Dave Yabbo's stuff in the past.

First thing to realize - this is HD level morphs, so you won't get that same kind of detail transferred over into CC3.  Second is that there are two Geoshells - Dave is fond of doing this.  We have ways of dealing with them so it's not awful but you won't be able to get the head part to be expressive or work with lip sync (you don't talk about iClone so I'm not sure where you are going with this).  In general we'd recommend using the morph for the head and deleting the Geoshell for it so you can have expressions and such but it's going to have a different look.

Because I don't have this yet I really can't show you for sure, but here's another Dave Yabbo Cyborg you can look up to see how it translated (this is how I got it into CC3).  It's the L4N4 Cyborg (so you can look it up on the Daz page and then see how it looks here):

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3c8e9ea9-e1fb-444f-8ac8-00e7.jpg
Oh, and if you want to wait a few weeks I might end up with Aura (just have to see - I have my plate full right now).  At that point I can tell you a lot better.
Hi Mike,
Thanks once again. 
I was going to go from CC3 to iClone.
I was more hoping to transfer the face features, them cyborg lines and circular air ducts/turbines, look amazing ?
And, Ha, yea , to lip sync it. 
Shame if u cant but be great to cross it off wish list. Theres some on Reallusion marketplace but not as good and twice the price Crying Crying
The issue is the GeoShells.  IF the things you want to do with the face are done with GeoShells then, no, there really isn't any way you can get it to work.   Well, there *might* be a way, possibly in this case, since he also provides the morphs for the base figure.  You could try using the geoshell textures for the face.

The problem is that Dave doesn't provide very good textures but does a lot of his stuff with just general shading inside of Daz.  So -- could either *possibly* work or not at all.  I wish I had the figure and the time to tell you, but if I do get it in the next week or two I'll definitely revisit this thread and let you know.  One thing for sure - this is a challenge (that's not necessarily a Bad Thing.  I'd actually LIKE to do this challenge, but time is a problem.  Let me see how it goes in the next few days and perhaps I can shake something loose).
Ah ok, 
Thanks for all yer info.
And another word to look up and remember!!!, GeoShells. 
Thats a new 1.
Thanks.

By AutoDidact - 3 Years Ago
Hi ,

I have that Cyborg ..it is beautiful!!.
My attempts to transform it into CC3 met with 
utter failure ,likely due to the many "geoshells", as Mr kelly
warned.
There might be a workaround involving cloth weighting the geoshells like clothing
and I have not tried the old FBX-3DX non standard Character route.
However since I render everything in Blender anyway loaded the cyborg
directly from  my Daz Studio content folder to Blender via the Amazing Diffeomorphic plugin

BTW here are the respective results with 3DX and CC3 transformer.

There are 2 separate geo shells.
Someone may work some magic with CC3 &mesh weighting etc 
however I am not that personCrazy

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/df7c8bf7-8391-4876-ba88-de5e.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7958bee8-7f13-4fe7-92da-ed57.png
I actually did get it to work but it was SUCH a PITA I couldn't even make a tutorial for it (it took me a few hours and I never make tutorials that long).

Here she is inside of iClone (she's a fully CC3+ avatar so she works with Acculips, etc).

I imagined it was technically possible but likely exceeded the level of grunt work I am willing to perform 🤔
It ought to be easier than it was.  I *think* I could do it the way I did the terminator cyborg, by using Blender to cut parts out of the Geoshells, but in practice when I tried this I had issues I was unwilling to deal with.  Ultimately it exposed several issues with CC3 but I'm hoping all of those will be fixed by CC4 (which is supposed to allow ANY avatar to be imported, including 4-legged ones.  If we remove those restrictions then a Daz export should be easy-peasy).
Wow. Didnt even know there were plans for CC4. So thats iClone 8 AND CC4 on the horizon.

I heard on a reallusion youtube stream, the main guy Kai (i think thats his name). He said there were big improvements to the render engine. Hope so UE4/UE5 is killin me.