1. Import G8 to iClone via CC3
2. Animate mouth by Acculips or Motion Live
3. Edit in 3DX
4. Export BVH files WITHOUT PAYING FOR AN EXPORT LICENSE

Thanks in advance...
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
I am wondering now if it is even possible, with or without a license. Do you know?
By animagic - 3 Years Ago
AFAIK,  BVH will not export lip-synching, which consists of animated blendshapes (morphs). It is only suitable for body animation, involving bones.
By R Ham - 3 Years Ago
animagic (8/17/2021)
AFAIK,  BVH will not export lip-synching, which consists of animated blendshapes (morphs). It is only suitable for body animation, involving bones.

Thank you animagic, for confirming my wild guess. Am I right in assuming that FBX, as implemented, will also not do it?
I believe I found it, if .italk means lipsync.
I may have just saved some money.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ef2e8057-92c8-4c30-9dfd-8be9.png
By animagic - 3 Years Ago
FBX will export facial animation, but the problem is that DAZ does not import that properly (if that is your final goal). Other than in iClone, where you can have non-standard characters, DAZ only works with DAZ-specific characters. FBX, by and large, is tailored to a particular model (or rig to be more correct). You cannot use CC characters within DAZ, so importing FBX would not work.

Sorry, for the clumsy explanation, but I hope it is somewhat clear...Unsure
By R Ham - 3 Years Ago
animagic (8/18/2021)
FBX will export facial animation, but the problem is that DAZ does not import that properly (if that is your final goal). Other than in iClone, where you can have non-standard characters, DAZ only works with DAZ-specific characters. FBX, by and large, is tailored to a particular model (or rig to be more correct). You cannot use CC characters within DAZ, so importing FBX would not work.

Sorry, for the clumsy explanation, but I hope it is somewhat clear...Unsure

Thanks, you saved me some time.

One particular DAZ poster has commented about DAZ's idiosyncratic handling of imported FBX files. She says that this can be gotten around by bringing the FBX into Poser, which has better FBX handling, and from there into DAZ as Poser files. I assume it works but I've never tried it myself. I have not been aware that importing a DAZ character to iClone and converting it to CC3 actually re-rigs it, but I think that's what you are telling me, yes? Facial animation in DAZ, using Face Mojo, works as well as Motion Live, there's no need to import it. Acculips is another matter. And now I see that Paths are also out. Simple information like this is not easy to find.

I've always wanted the freedom to use "the right tool for the right job," and I've always been idealistic where "standards" are concerned. Animation hasn't been a DAZ strong point for a long time, but the introduction of mocap has changed a few things. I've stuck with DAZ for years, waiting for iClone to develop beards. I'm taking this moment to beat the import/export issue to death. Lipsync has been a fascination of mine for 15 years. Neither one of these two programs are pillars of import/export, it seems, for reasons basically of their own making.