Not enough HD space for template error

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic486663.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By davedub - 3 Years Ago
Hi, 

So I have a fresh install of CC on a new machine. I have 1.5TB HD space on both drives. I set the custom content and template paths to my D drive on install, as this is where I store all data for all applications.
When I try to open one of the Smart Gallery packs I am told "The hard disk space for the Template is not enough. Please free up some space and try again"
There most certainly is enough HD space!

Any ideas anyone?

By wires - 3 Years Ago
Have you checked the Read/Write permissions on the drive?
By davedub - 3 Years Ago
Hi Gerry, thanks for the reply.

The drive permissions are all normal / default.
I'm running Unreal Editor, Maya, Motionbuilder, Daz Studio, GIMP and various other applications all with no issues whatsoever.
I'm also able to import and export FBX files (using the Transformer) to and from CC from the same drive.
I only get the error when I try to open any of the template packs in the smart gallery.

I suspect something internal to CC is awry...
By wires - 3 Years Ago
Can you access and add the content using the Content Manager? If so then just close the Smart Gallery and do things the "old", but trusted way. Smile
By davedub - 3 Years Ago
I can access assets from the content tab, no problem.
I thought I was unpacking extra content that was only available in the Dumb Smart Gallery?
If not, I'll just give up on the Smart Gallery altogether...

By Alvin (RL) - 3 Years Ago
Hi davedub,

Sorry for the bad experience.
We need more information to analyze your problem and help you solve it.
Please use the link below and fill the information to contact Technical Support. We will help you get some information files.Thank you. 
By davedub - 3 Years Ago
Hi Alvin,

I was mostly intending to check out character hair options, hence wanting to open the 'packs'.

I've since found a suitable hair mesh for my purposes in another application.
I also hit major frustration points with CC's 'fbxkey' stuff - what on earth is that all about?
I also hit disappointment when losing all the morphs on importing a Daz character when I eventually paid the extra for the pipeline plugin just so I could import an FBX.

So CC has been pretty much discounted from being included in my pipeline on this project.

I may review CC again for future projects, in which case I'd be prepared to spend time investigating this issue.
But for now I've spent enough time on CC and want to just get on with my project.

~ Dave

By larryjbiz - 3 Years Ago
I've had this error multiple times. I think I have found the tempt directory and deleted it and created another, and pointed iclone to that one.
I'll need to revisit when I get home to refresh my memory.
By Alvin (RL) - 3 Years Ago
Hi Dave,

After the analysis of the RL technical team, we think that it may be an error in the path construction of the program.
If so, we will fix this problem in the next version.
And for this problem in the current version, please change the Template folder path and re-download the content pack to temporarily solve this problem.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bde88fae-2225-445e-8dad-ea83.png

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Technical Support through the link below : 
Best Regards,
Alvin