Becky Doll - Best in Fest Mpls St Paul Film Festival

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic484926.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By sferril - 3 Years Ago
Couldn't have made this without iclone, I was given a month to concept and finish.  Added stop motion in small doses.
Let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plZ5jG4d-Rg

By Delerna - 3 Years Ago
Watched all of your movie and I liked it that in the future I will likely watch it again and again.
I started with iClone 4 and am now in iClone  7.Biggest thing I have seen is that iClone is a great thing for making movies but the biggest thing that makes good movies is the ability of the person who uses iClone and knows how to use it well.

Thought I would show 2 I made and I think its ok (for myself at least) but I certainly see you do better.

Oh I didn't animate the characters in this one because I was just making the models for the sceen of Nowra's Cambewarra Mountain

Anyway, I see you are doing really well with iClone better than me. Its a good video from you.
By sferril - 3 Years Ago
I appreciate that, but I'm just learning too.  I kinda got lucky with Becky Doll because it just worked, not sure I could do again so fast.

Something you might want to play with is the HDR effect with the tone map on.  That makes me looks better than I am pretty fast.  

As a long time editor, I have some time in figuring out camera angles so that helps too, and you might play with that a little.  A nudge or too goes a long way, don't need to make the camera go crazy.  But you're doing great, keep it up!
sf
By gordryd - 3 Years Ago
Wow - a lot going on in that video.  Props for getting it done in only a month!
By thebiz.movies - 3 Years Ago
Cool mix of varied media.  The stop motion and live action video worked really well within the iclone scenes.  Perhaps even more so than the Iclone character.  Cool stuff.
By Peter Blood - 3 Years Ago
sferill: Smile
That was very interesting and entertaining. The song was great and the visuals
new and eye-catching. Overall an excellent video.

Cool pete
By toystorylab - 3 Years Ago
Yo, interesting and well done...
As others said, nice "mix".
By Delerna - 3 Years Ago
Oh my head makes it hard for me to speak really well LOL.
Yes I know you are new to iClone and there is plenty for you to learn yet.
But that movie you posed looks really good all ready for someone who is just starting with it.
So I will definitely be looking more into what you do for fun to watch you. I meant that I still make movies for myself and I am very happy with what I do even when other people can do better.

My biggest thought of you is yes you are new and can do better as you learn more of using iClone but wow, but someone as new as you with iClone who makes such a great looking video......WOW.
Hope what I am saying now makes more sense. 
By sferril - 3 Years Ago
Thanks, appreciate it.  iClone saved me.
sf
By TimothyMasters - 3 Years Ago
Oh wow, that was SO IMAGINATIVE and incredibly well done.  Harry Potter on acid.  And the song was also great.  Are you in that band?
By sferril - 3 Years Ago
Thanks, I wish I was in that band.  They were a college band that I knew back in the ealry 80's and have managed to stay together.  The lead singer also played with REM for 20 years and had a second, third and fourth side bands with Peter Buck.  Scott McCaughey is my favorite songwriter.  We did record a song in my basement, but my band s never got to his level...The guitarist sent his own video and he's from the Fastbacks also, a fabulous guitarist. Get a young fresh fellows album and you will become a young fresh fan.
sf
I still can't wrap my head around the fact that you did that incredible video in just one month.  Amazing.  I started using iClone six month ago and I still don't know how you did half the things in it.  Plus, you are a real artist.  Excellent work.
By rosuckmedia - 3 Years Ago
@sferril,
Great work.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘
Keep up the good work.
Greetings rosuckmedia
By sferril - 3 Years Ago
Sorry if I gave the wrong impression.  I've been playing around with iclone for a couple years.  I was given a month on the project and iclone helped me meet the deadline.  But I'm no master.
sf
By sonic7 - 3 Years Ago

Yes - impressive! - and very entertaining. Your editing / timing skills come through for sure ...

Edit: Plus, as others have said, your iClone skills are *very good* especially given how fast you put it together. Well done!  Smile
What impressed me most about your work is that you are a true artist.  I am a retired computer programmer.  I'm very good at technical things, but I have zero artistic talent.  So I am impressed when I see an artist at work.

I do have one question which you may consider proprietary and not reveal; that's fine.  But I wonder where you got the big old house interior in which your movie was filmed.  Is that an item available for purchase here?
By sferril - 3 Years Ago
TimothyMasters (6/15/2021)
I do have one question which you may consider proprietary and not reveal; that's fine.  But I wonder where you got the big old house interior in which your movie was filmed.  Is that an item available for purchase here?

Thanks, appreciate the words.  I was a programmer in the 1980s, and nothing of an artist then, so...
it's avail from ArthurG, the manor int and ext.

https://www.reallusion.com/contentstore/FeaturedDeveloper/profile/#!/ArturG

cheers,
Scott