Lips/Mouths that follow teeth

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic481689.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By zxcvbnm22 - 3 Years Ago
This may be more applicable to IClone, but as I try to make realistic humans in CC, I notice that in real life, people's teeth and even gums may sit quite far forwards. This forces lips to deform and wrap around teeth during resting poses, speech, smiles and other facial movements. For example, an upper lip may slide quite high and backward to expose front teeth in a smile, or someone's resting pose might actually be quite pouty to hide/contain teeth.

This is hard to account for in IClone and CC, where teeth will simply protrude through the lips or mouth. Would it be possible to establish some kind of collision system here? The goal would be to have, for example, lips very closely wrapping around teeth without teeth piercing through lips.
By animagic - 3 Years Ago
It might be something that can be done with morphs. Avatar bodies do not have collision built in, collision is done with collision shapes, which would not be suitable here (they are also not very precise).

There are now morphs that move the cheeks during speech to make it more natural, I can imagine that something similar is possible to deform the lips.
By Darren01 - 2 Years Ago
yes I like this suggestion