Help with detached bones after Sprite Swap

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic481594.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By kimber_17 - 3 Years Ago
I am having the most frustrating problem, and I can't for the life of me get it together... I have a custom character based on the G3 human bone structure. I am using the canned walk motion, and the character enters from the right and walks left. Halfway across, he "turns" - so I "flip" the character - now he should walk back, off to the right... BUT... when I flip the character, I need to swap out the "hip" sprite, because a symbol on that sprite needs to remain right-reading, and can't be flipped. When I swap that sprite out, the head, arms and legs are no longer "connected" and the beautiful smooth walk cycle becomes a spastic mess.I've tried: Creating 2 identical characters (left-facing and right-facing) where the only difference is the hip sprite for each. Then I make them visible/invisible depending on their direction, BUT... the canned motions don't work correctly on a character that isn't facing left.Is there anyone with more knowledge than me able to figure out what I'm doing wrong?