Toon Shader... Pink?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic480532.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By jessicalcrichton - 3 Years Ago
So, the Toon Shader would work really well for my video, considering that it's a toon, except that... their hair is pink. I see NO pink anywhere in the settings that would cause this. The only light that doesn't do this is black, but it's WAY too dark. ANY other color produces this pink. Any ideas? Thank you!!!!

By davidmaximo - 3 Years Ago
Can you dye drop the material and screenshot the settings on the pink stuff?
davidmaximo (4/19/2021)
Can you dye drop the material and screenshot the settings on the pink stuff?

You mean like this?
By planetstardragon - 3 Years Ago
have you tried using different texture settings ? -  like -  traditional,  vs pbr,  vs sss etc

each one tends to reflect color and lights differently.
planetstardragon (4/19/2021)
have you tried using different texture settings ? -  like -  traditional,  vs pbr,  vs sss etc

each one tends to reflect color and lights differently.

I actually just changed PBR to traditional and back again and for some reason that worked. I'm working on tweaking the toon shader now because it looks unprofessional to me right now. I like the fidelity and how it shows more detail, but it's also screaming early-90's digital animation to me right now. Hmm...

Thank you for your help! Smile
Sorry. It posted twice...
By planetstardragon - 3 Years Ago
say what you will about your work,   but I think it's looking fantastic and better than most nft's out there today lol!! w00t
planetstardragon (4/19/2021)
say what you will about your work,   but I think it's looking fantastic and better than most nft's out there today lol!! w00t

Thank you! That's so sweet of you to say!
By animagic - 3 Years Ago
The one thing I don't like about iClone's toon shader is that it only allows the use of one light. You can use emissive planes to work around that, I think, as well as IBL.