"FIRST WAVE SAGA" parts 1&2

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic47722.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Visconti - 14 Years Ago
By JWcore - 14 Years Ago
w00t Fantastic work, Animation and Sounds just great!Smile
By duchess110 - 14 Years Ago
One small problem ended to soon.

This was a very good video and your attention to detail brilliant.

Sound, Effects, Lighting etc all very nicely done.

My most liked details the reflections in his glasses and the muffled voice in the capsule.

By gizmo - 14 Years Ago
I really enjoyed that. Great work.
By Alley - 14 Years Ago
Noticed the reflection also - very good production and looking forward to more parts.Smile
By Capemedia - 14 Years Ago
I have been following Mark's work on Youtube for some time and to be honest this is a contender for the competition.  Those wishing to go for "Best Picture" really need to look at this as he sets a very high bar.

Details are the things that set apart great directors from good ones and Mark has done an outstanding job here.  For example the use of camera tilt and lighting to set up the first scene is just mightily impressive.  But he continues this vain throughout the film and never drops his sights.

One to watch.

Cape!

By allpoint - 14 Years Ago
That was fantastic, looked stunning and the sound design was great!

Those darned aliens! Looking forward to the next episode.

By Paumanok West - 14 Years Ago
This redefines the term, "illegal aliens." Hehe
By safegaard - 14 Years Ago
Wow your good, those glasses and all the other details and sound is just so great.
Thanks for showing.
By ContentDude - 14 Years Ago
Great Scenes, great effects!  Very convincing!
By Christy0 - 14 Years Ago
Excellent, This is a brilliant Production. The lighting and set details, awsome. 10/10.

Seeing all these latest iClone productions, totally blow me away, I think it's time I returned to iClone College for a refresher in all these latest techniques.

By txon - 14 Years Ago
Simplemente genial, 5 estrellas
By Bigboss - 14 Years Ago
Impressive production ! Smile Great storyline.. 

Loved it !

By Illustrator Cathy - 14 Years Ago
Everything stood-out in this but what really got my attention was the incredible facial texturing and normal map on the old man's face. Outstanding work!

Cathy Hehe

By aknzrdude - 14 Years Ago
damn- gabe picks his mouth off the floor - that was absolutely stunning
By Illustrator Cathy - 14 Years Ago
And if you haven't already tracked this guy (Mark) down in YouTube here is the link - even his iClone tests are beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SmallWStudio

Cathy Hehe
By BiggsTrek - 14 Years Ago
Sounds like I better check this one out!

Smile
By sja22 - 14 Years Ago
Outstanding work! Congratulations on a tremendous job.
By BiggsTrek - 14 Years Ago
biggstrek (4/30/2010)
Sounds like I better check this one out!

Smile

...and I'm glad I did! That was AWESOME!!

Beautiful sets, and terrific camera use. The spaceships were spectacular.

Great work! I want more...

w00tw00tw00t
By mark - 14 Years Ago
First I want to apologize to all who commented on my video good or bad. I didn't know about this section of the forum. I would check in from time to time on other sections of the forum but didn't think to look around for this section. I'm soooooo sorry. I would love to have been around for some give and take. Thanks to all for your interest and the many kind words you shared. The contest was great fun and I loved seeing all the incredible entries. Please forgive me for not having the sense to check for this section.....WHAT A GOOBER!
mark pleasant
By Corvega - 14 Years Ago
Great work. One of the best iclone animations Ive seen. I noticed onsome scenes you many
objects. Did it slow down your system much. Im wrking on one and Ive had to remove some actors cause my system screeches to 2 fps.

What system configuration do you have?
By mark - 14 Years Ago
Thanks for the kind words...

Well it did kinda chug along I must say. I'm running W7 64bit on a MacPro with a Nvidia Gforce 8800 GT with only 512 MB and a BOXX PC with XP 32 bit running a Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT with a Gig of memory. So i was able to work on one let it go to work and then work on the other. The screen refresh was pretty slow at times but manageable. Of course you can turn items off and that helps a bit.

I did try to use as small a texture map as I could get away with and keep simple objects with low-poly counts... that really helps. Also I just render small scenes one at a time, of course, and edit it all together in Vegas

mark
By warlord720 - 14 Years Ago
Your work is beyond amazing. A real pro. Very inspiring to say the least.
By mark - 14 Years Ago
Thanks for the kind words. I'll admit I've dabbled in animation a long time. Way back in collage I even built an animation "light table" out of the guts of and old pinball machine to use with my 16mm Bolex...oh that was long ago...

since then I did move on to Lightwave 3D, VUE and Poser but nothing much more than flying logos and intro pieces.

I'm pretty new to iClone and while I have a lot of issues with it, it is a blast to crank out crazy ideas really fast and with just a little bit of planning. Just hope the program continues to mature.

mp
By DT3D - 14 Years Ago
Hi mark,

i just would like to congratulate you about your exelent movie. Very very good film! Bravo!
By mark - 14 Years Ago
Hey! Thanks so much. A bit of a surprise with all the fantastic entries. But I'm very grateful.
Thanks
mp
By Capemedia - 14 Years Ago
Well done Mark, I did predict that this would win BigGrin
By mark - 14 Years Ago
Ah... methinks someone may have a crystal ball.Wink

Thanks for your confidence and encouraging words through the year! I was surprised I must say. I was hoping for a little prize, which was great, but but this is way too much fun. With all the very fine entries I'm truly humbled and honored.

This has inspired me to start on another chapter in the First Wave Saga....we'll see if I can get something decent rollin'.....let's hold our breath!...w00t
mp
By Seeker769 - 14 Years Ago
I don't think a crystal ball was necessary to see ' First Wave ' in the top three, or in first place Smile

Congratulations on a superb entry Cool

Chris

By mark - 14 Years Ago
Thanks.... but after looking once again at aknzrdude's character work I really have a very very long way to go in many aspects of iclone production.
mp