Can't find an upgrade price to 3DXchange Pipeline.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic472329.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By zuntar - 3 Years Ago
Hey. It looks like I am going to have to upgrade from 3DXchange Pro to Pipeline. However, when I try to find an upgrade price  on the site, I keep getting $399.00, which is the same exact member price I was offered to flat out buy 3DXchange pipeline to begin with. I already bought and have Pro so I am not looking to buy the whole program over again. Obviously, there has to be a cheaper upgrade price somewhere (I can't be the first one who has wanted to do this LOL ) but, I can't find it. Also unfortunately, Reallusion has a disturbing lack of phone support so I cant call and ask, so I came here to ask. Thanks. 😊
By Postfrosch - 3 Years Ago
Bad news for you:
The $ 399 is the upgrade price for 3dx7 pipeline
There is no direct upgrade from 3DX 7 pro to 3dX7 pipeline
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch
By zuntar - 3 Years Ago
Wow. That's kind of ridiculous. Well that's off my shopping list. LOL Thanks.

By Peter (RL) - 3 Years Ago
zuntar (2/11/2021)
Hey. It looks like I am going to have to upgrade from 3DXchange Pro to Pipeline. However, when I try to find an upgrade price  on the site, I keep getting $399.00, which is the same exact member price I was offered to flat out buy 3DXchange pipeline to begin with. I already bought and have Pro so I am not looking to buy the whole program over again. Obviously, there has to be a cheaper upgrade price somewhere (I can't be the first one who has wanted to do this LOL ) but, I can't find it. Also unfortunately, Reallusion has a disturbing lack of phone support so I cant call and ask, so I came here to ask. Thanks. 😊

Hi...

The full price of 3DXchange 7 Pro is $199 and the full price of 3DXchange 7 Pipeline is $499. So you can see there is a difference of $300 anyway. Sadly upgrade prices are not just the difference between the two prices which is why it will always work out a little more expensive to upgrade rather than buying the correct version to start with.
By animagic - 3 Years Ago
I  remember (perhaps a long time ago) that upgrade prices were just the difference, which would be more reasonable.
By zuntar - 3 Years Ago
I am a relatively new user and have been re-reading the website again and again to try to understand the difference between Pro and Pipeline clearly. My brain is bleeding a bit right now. LOL I can bring stuff in with Pro, But if I want to kick a set and characters with animation out to render in DAZ for example, I would need pipeline. If I want to kick an object out to Blender to edit it that's pipeline too. But, if I want to send a character from CC to Zbrush and back that's fine because I have CC Pipeline.  Apparently I can also do  the same and kick stuff over to substance designer too (and back I assume).  

It's very hard to make that choice when you are not familiar with the product and exactly what it does. I am still within the 14 days return period of my purchase of 3DXchange Pro so I may request a refund and apply that money back towards an immediate purchase of 3dXchange Pipeline once I decide if I really need it. 

Thanks again. 
By Peter (RL) - 3 Years Ago
animagic (2/11/2021)
I  remember (perhaps a long time ago) that upgrade prices were just the difference, which would be more reasonable.

I don't recall as a general rule the upgrade price ever being just the difference. Of course during sales it may have worked out that way.