Facial Rig

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic469509.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By TheoBot - 3 Years Ago
I've used a character rigged by Mixamo, and I do not have a problem changing it into a character; however, Mixamo rigged character does not have facial bones. How can I have facial bones rigged? Do I need a product such as Facial Pipeline Character Pack to add the facial bones after or during the characterization? I have the most updated 3DXchange and iClone 7. Thank you in advance for your help.

By Peter (RL) - 3 Years Ago
Unfortunately the character will need to already have facial bones or Blendshapes to be able to use facial animation in iClone 7. You can't add this in 3DXchange 7 or iClone after import.
By TheoBot - 3 Years Ago
Thank you very much for your reply.  Does it mean that using a Facial Pipeline Character Pack will not help?  Do you know of any product that I need to do facial rigging? Thank you very much in advance for your help.
By General Picture Animation - 3 Years Ago
If you absolutely positively need the purchased body with an iClone head, there is a *very dirty* hack: load black into all the opacity maps for an iClone body, leaving the head visible. Then load black into the head opacity of the purchased model. Then Attach the iClone Character to the purchased body. Of course, an iClone head can be extensively altered in Character Creator and through the use of Accessories.
By Peter (RL) - 3 Years Ago
TheoBot (1/25/2021)
Thank you very much for your reply.  Does it mean that using a Facial Pipeline Character Pack will not help?  Do you know of any product that I need to do facial rigging? Thank you very much in advance for your help.

The Facial Pipeline Character pack comes with a basic bone rig which could be used but this will require re-rigging the character in 3rd party software. The Facial Pipeline Character pack won't automatically add a face rig to your character in 3DXchange or iClone. With 3DXchange you have the converter to bring in 3rd party characters but they need to be fully rigged first. 
By TheoBot - 3 Years Ago
I see. Now I am clear. Thank you very much for your help. By chance, do you know of any third-party software that you would recommend? Whether you reply this post or not, you have great help.  Once again, thank you very much.
By vidi - 3 Years Ago
Facial rigging is a royal discipline,

if you don't even know what software I think you shouldn't start sprinting until you've learned to walk.

By TheoBot - 3 Years Ago
Thank you very much for your help.  You are right that I need to learn to walk for I am still crawling. I am a beginner, but anxious to use some characters that I could not find from the Marketplace.
By General Picture Animation - 3 Years Ago
The virtue of this approach is that even an iClone beginner can do it, but... oh well... suit yourself!