CC3 Pipeline vs 3Dxchange

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic469267.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By perry_496801 - 3 Years Ago
I bought CC3 Pipeline in the belief that it supports import and export of, for example, FBX to popular modellers as well as Unity. However, whenever I view videos that refer to CC3 input/output, I see that 3DXexchange is mentioned as the medium to facilitate this. Have I bought the wrong prtoduct?
By wires - 3 Years Ago
CC3 Pipeline is a standalone software that can be used to create characters and permits the user to also import DAZ and Poser characters for conversion. It also imports and exports OBJ and FBX files.

The free CC3 version that ships with iClone does not import or export anything and requires 3DXchange to accomplish those tasks.
By perry_496801 - 3 Years Ago
I'm just puzzled by the continual references to 3DXchange without mentioning that CC3 has the same abilities.
By Rampa - 3 Years Ago
Always check the dates on videos. Features change over time.
By ApplebiteMedia - 3 Years Ago
Hi, I am brand new to all of this and have somewhat of the same issue....

I started just getting the 4-1 package for 249.00, then ended up getting Headshot and a couple of packages.  Since the demo pretty much puts in what you need under the trials, it is a little misleading what else is needed.  Pipeline for one.  This was an additional needed purchase that was not in budget. I thought this would solve my issues.  To a point it did however one of the packages was for iClone... it was on sale so I purchased it thinking I can skip Mixamo which I seem to have trouble getting full images into that, they all come in clay....  Anyway, with the purchase of iClone, i see I now need to purchase a much, much more expensive program 3DExchange.

Support pointed me to a video where I can send the character from iClone to Character Creator with the animation then export from there to the .fbx file.  Ok, saves me 499.00 for now... however, when I take the file into Blender... the new animation is not there. Just the clothing.

What am I doing wrong?  Is all of this useless to me without 3D Exchange???  Like I said, I am new to all of this... even Blender LOL....

By AutoDidact - 3 Years Ago
You  need CC3 pipeline for export to  blender 

3Dxchange NOT required. 😎
By ApplebiteMedia - 3 Years Ago
Awesome video!!! Thank you that clears up a lot.  I was exporting thinking the motion was embedded already. 

Thank you!!! Smile
..https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c46b56c7-5d1d-4152-bd6c-564b.png