Auto setup for UE 4.26

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic466282.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By ricardo.ac.barbosa - 4 Years Ago
Hi, 
I was wondering when are you guys are planning to release an auto setup version for UE 4.26?

In the meantime. Do you know if the latest version of auto setup will work on 4.26 ?

Thanks,
RB
By inash - 4 Years Ago
They just rolled out the Live Link update for 4.26 in Unreal Engine today so hopefully that will be today or this week
Thanks for your reply. That's awesome. Looking fw to it. Smile
By Miranda (RL) - 4 Years Ago
Hello everyone!
The UE4.26-compatible Auto Setup tool will be available on Dec. 28th.
By Mystic360VR - 4 Years Ago
OMG Thank You! I just noticed 2 updates for the previous versions. I have plenty to do before then!
Great news ! Thanks for the update !
By tomautobahn - 4 Years Ago
Cool cool... it will be interesting to see what changed in their shaders, etc for 4.26 (if anything has changed) 
By warhulk457_158810 - 4 Years Ago
Thanks!
Hello, I downloaded the plugin that just came out for UE4 4.26 and I followed the instructions on how to install it and when I try to import the model, it doesn't pop up the CC setup window and also the shaders and textures don't import. I have never had a problem importing characters up until now. Can I please get some assistance on how to make this work for UE4 4.26?
By lianchiu - 4 Years Ago
warhulk457_158810 (12/30/2020)
Thanks!
Hello, I downloaded the plugin that just came out for UE4 4.26 and I followed the instructions on how to install it and when I try to import the model, it doesn't pop up the CC setup window and also the shaders and textures don't import. I have never had a problem importing characters up until now. Can I please get some assistance on how to make this work for UE4 4.26?

By warhulk457_158810 - 4 Years Ago
Thank you so much, this is what I've been doing but for some reason its not working. But I'm going to try and start a brand new project to see if this helps. Thanks again!

By lianchiu - 3 Years Ago
warhulk457_158810 (12/30/2020)
Thanks!

By the way, did you also copy CC_Shader? Were you using "new" UE 4.26 project or you were using UE 4.25 convert to UE4.26 Project then input Auto setup for 4.26?

try this
By bobcober_667673 - 3 Years Ago
AutoSetup does not work with a c++ UE4 Project.  :-(
When building,
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol IMPLEMENT_MODULE_RLPlugin

It works fine with a blueprint based projects.
By ricardo.ac.barbosa - 3 Years Ago
Completely true. The only workaround is to add the plug-in directly to the Unreal installation directory instead of the project directory.
By bobcober_667673 - 3 Years Ago
Thanks Ricardo  - Gonna give that a try now....
By ricardo.ac.barbosa - 3 Years Ago
You got it. I was banging my head against it just a couple days ago as well, so I know the feeling Smile
Just to be clear if someone else finds this thread. The content folder that has the shaders still goes into the project directory, just the plug-in folder goes into the UE installation dir plug-in folder.

The final step is to enable the plug-in inside UE on the plugins menu option.