05. Showcase Yourself/ Be a Helpful Tutor - [CTA+IC] - Motion Link

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic463275.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Minnie (RL) - 4 Years Ago
Hi everyone, 
This is a place for all users to openly share your experience and showcase your work.
If you can share high-quality showcases, tutorials, and give some useful suggestions, we will gift you the Motion Packs (Value: 100 USD)  to thank you for your heartfelt contributions. 
Note: Please don't publish your work / animation project on Youtube or any public platform. 
By toystorylab - 4 Years Ago
Wow, this is a real gamechanger... Love it! Kiss

I used following iClone Motions:
EZ Motions Walk - Walk to Stop & EZ Motions Walk - Walk backwards for Intro and Outro
Arguments Motion - Physical Confrontation (the whole set) for "fight"...
I only had to do some adjustments (legs/feet) when Donald falls and gets up again.
Strangely I heard no audio after adding audio script for voices, in rendered video it worked.
By kylelee - 4 Years Ago
Great job, you have caught out the 3D Motion soul, you can still try "Flip Body" when characters going back to the end.

By cinema.do - 4 Years Ago
Hi, everybody. I ran into this problem: when I mark Send to Cartoon Animator, playback starts immediately in the CTA and it is very difficult to catch the desired phase of movement, or rather it is absolutely impossible. It would be logical for playback to start simultaneously in both iClone and CTA using the Preview in CTA button. And with the Send to Cartoon Animator mark in the CTA, the current iClone frame was played, just like when using the Activate Link button in Import 3d Motion, and playback begins with the Play/Pause button. Sorry for my English)
By DanielC_RL - 4 Years Ago
"Hello cinema.do,

When you click Send to Cartoon Animator, the system will automatically previewing, in order to preview your adjustments in iClone. 
At this time, you can control the CTA Character in iClone simultaneously. 
To control the Timelline of Cartoon Animator, you need to change "Preview" to "Record" at iClone Motion Link.
You only need to adjust the actions of iClone Dummy.

You can see this thread for further problems.
https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost463259.aspx

Hope you can have a good experience using Motion Link !
Daniel
By cinema.do - 4 Years Ago
Hello DanielC_RL. This is clear to me. I wrote exactly about the fact that by marking Send to Cartoon Animator on the CTA timeline playback immediately begins. I would like this mark to work like the Activate Link button in Import 3d Motion. Only by synchronizing the pose of the dummy and the character without starting playback on the CTA timeline. Note that when you press "Record", the CTA timeline stops playing, but the dummy and character poses stop syncing, even though the Send to Cartoon Animator is checked. I think the problem is in my weak English))
By kylelee - 4 Years Ago
cinema.do (11/24/2020)
Hello DanielC_RL. This is clear to me. I wrote exactly about the fact that by marking Send to Cartoon Animator on the CTA timeline playback immediately begins. I would like this mark to work like the Activate Link button in Import 3d Motion. Only by synchronizing the pose of the dummy and the character without starting playback on the CTA timeline. Note that when you press "Record", the CTA timeline stops playing, but the dummy and character poses stop syncing, even though the Send to Cartoon Animator is checked. I think the problem is in my weak English))

Hi cinema.do
Could you record a video and provide it to us to further confirm your issues?
Thank you for your help.

Kyle
By Hewa' s Art - 4 Years Ago
Hello Everyone,
it's time for Cartoon Animator artworks.
Happy New Year and Merry Christmas
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3a267aee-6cfd-48b6-aaa0-7bb7.jpg
By kylelee - 4 Years Ago
Hi Hewa's Art,

Thank you so much,  Happy New Year and Merry Christmas,
Those characters are so cute on this banner, is it from your drawing?
I am looking forward to animating those characters in Cartoon Animator.
By Hewa' s Art - 4 Years Ago
Hi Kylelee,
Thank you so much, for your nice words.
Yes, it is from my drawing. l am working on it. (WIP) .
l hope will be done very soon.
By rfbindl - 4 Years Ago
This is a basic tutorial with narration. I wanted voice instructions with video, so this was made for myself but also others if it helps. It provides visual and audio steps to enable Motion Link plugins 1st in iClone and then CTA4.4, sending motion from iClone to CTA4.4, adding motion, and recording. I also show a couple trip ups I made with CTA gear options and iClone animation settings. I love the Flip Body option and hope someday that might carry over to multiple angles - Angles like the G2 characters had. This is also in the Instructions area. I misunderstood where to put it at first. Whoops.
This is set to UNLISTED, so it isn't public. Is that okay, or should I move it?

@rfbindl

This is great and very informative! Glad that you like the "Flip Body" function and demonstrate it. Keep up the awesome work!

P.S. No need to remove the video as long as it's unlisted Smile
By cnmeyer1980 - 4 Years Ago
Hi everyone, I've just started playing with the new feature and put together this little video if anyone needs help or guidance getting it working Smile - enjoy 

By rfbindl - 4 Years Ago
This video steps through the process of saving 3D animation motions as 2D Animation Motions and Character Actions using iClone Motion Link Plugin with CTA Motion Live 2D plugin. I'm using a flat G3 character however, versus a G3 360 character. The process is the same, but the results and comparison are interesting.
Video is Unlisted on YT...

@cnmeyer1980

So excited to see more customized characters been applied to 3D motion and fit well. The motion seems perfect to match the cat! The tutorial is so complete, from selecting characters>> adding motions>> adding background to make a illustrative scene, linking iClone&Cartoon Animator & After Effects, Love it!