Shared Content Folder for iClone/CC

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic457887.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By gordryd - 4 Years Ago
I know there is a 'Shared' folder, but there is hardly anything in it.  It seems insane to load/install/store duplicate content in 2 separate folders for the 2 programs.  Why doesn't RL just store it in the Shared folder so both programs can access -- cut down on our loading time and storage use.  I hate having to load up CC just to change a shirt on a character because the shirts are only in the CC folder...
By Peter (RL) - 4 Years Ago
Which duplicate content are you referring to? Some content packs install some items to Character Creator and some to iClone but it doesn't duplicate everything in both programs.
By R2 Studio - 2 Years Ago
So far I'm 10 for 10... everything I install in iClone through Smart Gallery resides in it's own location and the exact same package for Character Creator has it's own location... twice the storage needed.
By animagic - 2 Years Ago
R2 Studio (4/18/2022)
So far I'm 10 for 10... everything I install in iClone through Smart Gallery resides in it's own location and the exact same package for Character Creator has it's own location... twice the storage needed.

I believe this is going to addressed in IC8/CC4.
By Peter (RL) - 2 Years Ago
R2 Studio (4/18/2022)

It depends on what you are installing. Motion packs will commonly go into both iClone and CC libraries, CC character packs will normally only go into Character Creator, and ActorCore characters only go into iClone.

But as Animagic already mentioned, you should see big content management improvements in the new Content Manager coming in iClone 8 and CC4.