Beards and mustache assets

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic453526.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By t1ber1us1 - 4 Years Ago
Are there any plans to get some real facial hair assets for CC3? I'm talking full on beards, mustaches, goatees, big sideburns, etc. I saw in another post there were plans for beards to be released (I think they were talking about iClone). For a character creator I'm surprised there are not some packs or even individual facial hair assets already. 

I'm asking this because I have a group of D&D players who want me to make their characters for them. They have one Dwarf (beard is a must for Dwarves!) and a Human male who has a decent beard as well. Hopefully I've just missed them in the Content Store, but I feel I've gone through everything there a few times over. Smile
By Kelleytoons - 4 Years Ago
Those are the kinds of things that are easy to do yourself (see my tutorials on using the Blender Hair plugin).
Easy for someone new to all of this? I will definitely check out your videos as I will learn anything I can (just overwhelmed trying to learn from the ground up here). Thank you for your help. 
So I have been going through the content store (so there's a Marketplace and content store that have different things listed, sweet!) and have found some beard stuff and even a Beard morph pack by Bigboss which looks interesting. Anyone have the Beard morph pack that can give some feedback on it? BigGrin
By MilesV - 4 Years Ago
In the short term, following Kelleytoons tutorials might be the best place to start. The next update (3.4) is supposed to have a new beard system/file format (along with some content packs) and a new wrinkle system. Here are some links that will show you some of what is coming.

Roadmap:
https://forum.reallusion.com/435689/Character-Creator-2020-Roadmap
Beards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYASL9NG6_Y&feature=emb_logo
Wrinkles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=zDauBrJkwuo&feature=emb_logo

t1ber1us1 (8/3/2020)
Are there any plans to get some real facial hair assets for CC3? I'm talking full on beards, mustaches, goatees, big sideburns, etc. I saw in another post there were plans for beards to be released (I think they were talking about iClone). For a character creator I'm surprised there are not some packs or even individual facial hair assets already. 

Nice! Thank you kindly for the links, miles.vonschriltz. And again, thank you to Kelleytoons for the tutorials. 
By JasonWynngard - 4 Years Ago
t1ber1us1, not sure if this helps or not. Way back in iClone 5 (I think), there was such a set as well as a Santa Claus set. They seemed to have vanished in iClone 7. For a brief time I saw them while looking for something else in iC7. When I clicked them, I found them nonfunctional with a message about DRM something or another not being installed. I didn't give it any mind at the time so went back to looking for whatever it was at the time. The set might be still around in iC7 or on RL content store or marketplace if you care to look for it. After I turn my attention away from trying to make my own CC3 apparel, I will go back to the mustache and beard sets to see if they're still available and useful. Many legacy content I have didn't work when I half-hearted tried it a or so ago.BUT, out of the blue, some of my 1940s and occupations outfits suddenly became available again (YAYYY RL!!!) so this coming weekend, I'll take a look and update you if that's any help at all.
By hayward - 4 Years Ago
What software are the people using who put the hair into the content store? I want to make hair but i wanted it to be easily imported into Character Creator.
JasonWynngard (9/1/2020)
t1ber1us1, not sure if this helps or not. Way back in iClone 5 (I think), there was such a set as well as a Santa Claus set. They seemed to have vanished in iClone 7. For a brief time I saw them while looking for something else in iC7. When I clicked them, I found them nonfunctional with a message about DRM something or another not being installed. I didn't give it any mind at the time so went back to looking for whatever it was at the time. The set might be still around in iC7 or on RL content store or marketplace if you care to look for it. After I turn my attention away from trying to make my own CC3 apparel, I will go back to the mustache and beard sets to see if they're still available and useful. Many legacy content I have didn't work when I half-hearted tried it a or so ago.BUT, out of the blue, some of my 1940s and occupations outfits suddenly became available again (YAYYY RL!!!) so this coming weekend, I'll take a look and update you if that's any help at all.

Sorry, I totally missed this reply. Thank you for the information. At this point I'm hoping RL's Facial hair/beard update is close to arriving. I have a few projects on hold because I really need that update for what I'm doing. Glad to hear some of your items are working again. BigGrin
I too have been a beard-seeker. Hopefully, I'm not violating a forum rule here. I went to CgTrader and encountered a complete set of beards offered by user Vaarag or something like that. The download didn't work for me. However, this person then made each individual beard file both FBX and OBJ for me to download again. They worked with some sweat to adjust and fit to CC3 characters, but they worked. You might want to check that site out.
By Kelleytoons - 4 Years Ago
Folks,

Don't get TOO excited about the upcoming facial hair system.  It won't be beards, or at least hair any longer than a guy who hasn't shaved for a couple of days.  It's intended to address the needs of having *some* amount of volume on things like eyebrows, and to have lip hair conform to visemes but it's NOT a "hair system".  You won't be able to do a Santa Beard, for example, or even short hair on the head.  

So we'll still need alternatives -- I think the best by far is the one I've put out tutorials on, but if you want to wait until the end of the year to see what RL does offer feel free.
By R Ham - 4 Years Ago
Me, I'm waiting.
Beards and talking animals are the only things RL has been short on these years. You've helped me with the talking animals thing, I'm almost satisfied with how that's worked out. The updated lipsync utility may be of use with animal faces. Beards are major. The beard screen shots I've seen on the roadmap are worth waiting for, IMO.
Deleted