Buying a built Asset from the content store.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic451111.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By kenmatthews - 4 Years Ago
Hello,
Sometimes I feel like the stupidest person on the planet. I bought an asset 'Residential House', it looks brilliant and may well be brilliant... However, I bought it expecting the asset to be completely built up so I can enter and start shooting a scene, which is basically what I buy assets for, as my building skills are zero. I studied the specs closely as I have often been disappointed to find that bought assets then need building up! Convinced that was the case, that the asset was a turnkey operation, and I quote,
Each room is supplied fully furnished to get you started quickly. Also, the entrance Door to each room has an animated PERFORM entrance door, along with wall Sections and ceiling that can be hidden for camera angles.
 I bought it, and it was expensive. Now, here's the problem, it appears to me that I have to build it up and as I have indicated my skills there are very basic. My question is, am I missing something and is the asset indeed a turnkey operation and I'm doing something wrong, or does it have to be built up? I have tried to contact the artist but cannot find a way to contact him, so can anybody enlighten me please?
Best regards.
Ken.
By mark - 4 Years Ago
I feel your pain. I've had that happen as well. Sometimes...the developer has a pre-built project file in the Project Template folder. If you haven't checked there take a peek ya may luck-out!!!
By wires - 4 Years Ago
I don't have the item, but there is one thing that you could try.

In the Content panel within iClone double click on a lower level room, e.g. Living/Dining Room, to add it in the scene. Next do the same with an upper level room, e.g. Main Bedroom. See if both items are placed at different levels in the iClone scene. If so then you only have to add each room on a level by double clicking to build the whole house.

It may however be a good idea to only add rooms in the scene that will be visible during rendering, or that a character will walk to from one to another. This will keep the "load" on your PC system low when working and rendering out scenes.
Hello Mark,
Thank you for your answer. Where would I find the Project Template Folder? If I can just add a comment for other developers. I and probably others, are just looking for locations, characters etc. (like in the real movie world) to just place in a scene and shoot. It would be a real bonus if you could please keep people like me (unskilled in building) in mind.
Thanks again Mark.
Best regards.
Ken.
Hello Gerry,
Thanks for your answer, I'll try that and see if it works. In all honesty the artist's work looks amazing... unfortunately I'm not a builder I'm a storyteller...
Best regards.
Ken.
By wires - 4 Years Ago
The artist, NOT_Lonely, has a readme file on this item in the Marketplace containing the XYZ coordinates for all the rooms. However he states:

NOTE: Rooms are supplied with coordinates set to 0-0-0. If you want to add the rooms in position inside the house, the coordinates are in the attached ReadMe. Note the coordinates assume the room PIVOT is set to middle in the drop down list and middle dot selected. Please note that if you want to do this, you are best to set your maximum texture size for the project to 512 x 512 as the entire house with PBR textures will be challenging for your system. It is suggested that most filming would be done inside a single room or perhaps two rooms if you wish to walk from one room to another.

Here are the coordinates:
XYZ Coordinates for Residential House PBR iClone 7 Version by NOT_Lonely

Coordinates below assume the room pivot is set to Middle (not Front or Back) and middle dot in the selection points.

X               Y             Z

Baby Room            52.928        209.914       424.894

Bathroom 2         -285.511       -283.731       423.837

Bathroom Main       383.967        225.002       422.218

Bedroom Main        409.152       -102.115       421.745

Family Room         411.832        267.374       161.477

Front Hall         -106.881       -301.894       159.005

Garage              411.550       -276.532       132.649

Kid Room           -570.412       -262.912       424.166

Kitchen            -169.145         40.319       157.516

Laundry Room       -312.130        154.470       424.281

Living/Dining      -355.719       -121.221       155.425

Office             -568.338        129.161       424.540

Upstairs Hall      -227.990       -239.497       286.682

By toystorylab - 4 Years Ago
I have that Item... Follow those coordinates Gerry posted.
Be sure to set:
"Coordinates below assume the room pivot is set to Middle (not Front or Back) and middle dot in the selection points."
I bought it when it came out (end 2017), those coordinates where not available at that time,
but Alley (who is managing this account) took the time to elaborate those coordinates and since then there is this "read me".
Do it accurate and most things will be fine. (few little gaps can be managed manually/on occasion/camera angle...
With those coordinates it should work.

EDIT
yes it is heavy on resources!!
CHECK if you can work with it with your specs!
If you have serious problems, try to refund and get the "more iClone friendly" version:
https://marketplace.reallusion.com/furnished-house-for-iclone-5-and-up

Hello Toystorylab and Gerry,
Thanks for the co-ordinates, comments and guidance. I bought the Residential House from the Content Store, not the Market Place, and I think I WILL take Toystorylab's advice and seek a refund... As I said, I'm a storyteller not a builder and if it's going to affect my system then it's a no-brainer, it's definitely NOT for me...
Best regards.
Ken.
Hm, in the Content Store, they even don't mention the "Read Me"...
That's not consumer friendly! Pinch
But it's a nice house, at least try those coordinates, that's not much work.
If your computer starts choking after adding a few rooms, you'd better try to refund.
By mark - 4 Years Ago
Just so ya know... Content tab/Project icon/Template tab...you should see "Store-bought" project files there.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1d74c096-d241-4c0c-b911-e67c.jpg
Hello Mark,
Thanks for the information, alas, although The Residential House shows up in the Smart Gallery, it does NOT show up in the Content Project folder... Strange...

Best regards.
Ken
PS. It does show up in the 'Props' folder...
There is NO Residential House project-file...
By mark - 4 Years Ago
Sad to say not all providers will do thatDoze
By Slayerazazel - 4 Years Ago
Just a small tip to avoid making the mistake again. At the bottom of the content in the content store shows what the pack includes. Photos for examples.

The NOT_Lonely Residential house for example contains 275 props, and no projects. So these are just all individual props. 

The Modular Fantasy House by Next Level 3D has 1 project and 138 props - The project indicates and example of it set up. And he also states it in his description of the product.

So if you do not want to build something (as many content comes as just parts to build) and you just want it already pre built, make sure you are looking at what is in the contents of the pack. Especially looking for a pre built project. Or if the description says it is a pre built prop as 1 prop with sub props. 

Obviously both are completely fine and are targeted at different people.
Oh and i would also recommend just contacting the developer and asking if he can just add a full built project (or merge all the props into 1 prop with the rest as sub props) to the pack first before asking for a refund. If indeed that is all you are wanting. It wouldn't take him long to pack it and upload it and add it to that pack.

Just a thought.
Hello Slayerazazel,
Thank you for that, I did try and contact the artist, unfortunately I was unable to find any way to contact him, hence my posting in the forum. After taking all the advice offered, and paying heed that the project may be too much for my computer, I decided to ask for a refund, which Reallusion were kind enough to grant. My intention is to go back to the content store or the marketplace and buy an asset that will be already built and suit my needs.
I would like to reiterate my plea to developers. Your projects which look so enticing when advertised and are ready built, please, please include the complete project, for that is what I, and many like me, want to purchase... I am in the market for the finished project, when I buy a character, that's what I get. When I buy anything else, such as a location, asset (as in the house) I am always looking for the finished project. I am a storyteller not a builder, already I have lost the best part of a week animating, due to my own stupidity at not making sure that what I was paying for, was what I was getting! I hope not to make the same mistake in the future.
Best regards.
Ken. 
kenmatthews (7/21/2020)
Hello Slayerazazel,
Thank you for that, I did try and contact the artist, unfortunately I was unable to find any way to contact him, hence my posting in the forum. After taking all the advice offered, and paying heed that the project may be too much for my computer, I decided to ask for a refund, which Reallusion were kind enough to grant. My intention is to go back to the content store or the marketplace and buy an asset that will be already built and suit my needs.
I would like to reiterate my plea to developers. Your projects which look so enticing when advertised and are ready built, please, please include the complete project, for that is what I, and many like me, want to purchase... I am in the market for the finished project, when I buy a character, that's what I get. When I buy anything else, such as a location, asset (as in the house) I am always looking for the finished project. I am a storyteller not a builder, already I have lost the best part of a week animating, due to my own stupidity at not making sure that what I was paying for, was what I was getting! I hope not to make the same mistake in the future.
Best regards.
Ken. 

Totally understand and completely agree. Being a developer and a user (occasionally..) I can definitely see where you are coming from. 
By debbie harmon - 3 Years Ago
I'm a newbie. How do I change the project texture setting as suggested in the House Builder project.  Thanks for your great help. 
By Kelleytoons - 3 Years Ago
Hopefully either the dev or someone who owns that asset can reply, but in the meantime as a very general rule the way you change textures is to go into the Modify tab for the item (with it selected) and then to the Materials tab (the checkerboard) and, finally, select the material you want to change.  You will see various maps for various things, but the main one is the diffuse material, which you can right-click on and then edit to change the color and other characteristics.