My Ultimate Dream Tool

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic446828.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Mythcons - 4 Years Ago
My 'ultimate dream tool' would be a basic, dedicated Reallusion brand sculpting tool or add-on that links to Character Creator, even if its not in the main app itself (similar to iClone's morph animating tool, in that it opens up a new window). I was originally skeptical of the Mesh Editing sculpt tools in Character Creator, but I've found them to be extremely helpful -- even limited as they are. I use them all the time for smoothing out head/body transitions, and occasionally adding or subtracting mesh depth in certain areas. A more robust mesh manipulating system would be a game changer, on top of what Reallusion is already doing.

Alternatively, a better pipeline to Blender, which is on route to overtake Zbrush in the not-to-distant future, IMO.
By irv.klaschus - 4 Years Ago
I hope this is the right place to post this.  Kai said that posting it in the Wishful Features for Character Creator would be good.

I'm working on a project where we have a bunch of character designs and orthographic drawings of the characters already.  It would be great if character creator supported this more directly.  I already use the project settings to bring in the drawing, I set the camera to Orthographic and I will zero out the base character I am starting with so that I can repeatedly type in x,y,z offsets and rotations in to get the character to match the drawing for basic lineup.  But I still have to scale it by eye.  It would be great if:
- character creator (CC) let the background art overlay the model I am tweaking and supported opacity control so that I could truly morph things in place toward the ortho drawings.
- it would be REALLY great if CC could set the views up (with overlayed partially transparent ortho drawings) and then flip between front, 3/4 and side quickly and never have to move, scale or rotate the model
- it would be SUPER great if CC could have some tools for filtering the morphs (for instance ignore L side R side controls while pursuing symmetric changes)
- it would be FANTSTICALLY WONDERFUL if CC supported both a simultaneous orthographic side and front view

As a side note, I have headshot (as part of my initial bundle), and have recently added the body morphs 1000 (as part of the SkinGen bundle).  Still it seems like there are a lack of morphs to tweak the back of the shoulders and lower neck.  There is no morph that controls the tragus on the ear.  The profile view of the nose could also an upper, middle and lower morph (morphs between the bidge and the tip of the nose).  Am I missing something and perhaps I should already have these morphs?

Right now I put reference marks in the drawing and brings screenshots into Photoshop to sort of get around this in a clunky way.

Either way - thanks for an amazing tool so far!