Hello from Warwick

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic443646.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Hayzie - 4 Years Ago
Looking forward to getting a bit off time to play with this...like a lot of others I have been using CA4 and AE together for a while so it will be great to have them work together.
Haven't had a chance to use the plugin yet but here is a video I did that has a lot of CA4 and a lot off AE Smile
By KanoEder - 4 Years Ago
Hayzie (5/8/2020)
Looking forward to getting a bit off time to play with this...like a lot of others I have been using CA4 and AE together for a while so it will be great to have them work together.
Haven't had a chance to use the plugin yet but here is a video I did that has a lot of CA4 and a lot off AE Smile

Hi Hayzie,

Could you share your After Effect workflow between CTA and AE?

By Hayzie - 4 Years Ago
Sure. After playing with the CA-AE plugin I can see it's going to be a big time saver.
My workflow was pretty much the manual process of what the plugin is going. I'd export out all the layers and reimport into AE. Then I could do any little post effects I wanted ie. blurring the background or colour grade.
I haven't tried moving the audio from CA to AE with the plugin yet but if that comes across that will help too. Doing it manually meant I had to slide the audio until it was in sync.

Hayzie (5/15/2020)
Sure. After playing with the CA-AE plugin I can see it's going to be a big time saver.
My workflow was pretty much the manual process of what the plugin is going. I'd export out all the layers and reimport into AE. Then I could do any little post effects I wanted ie. blurring the background or colour grade.
I haven't tried moving the audio from CA to AE with the plugin yet but if that comes across that will help too. Doing it manually meant I had to slide the audio until it was in sync.

Thank you for your testing, I am glad to hear AE plugin can help your workflow.
I have another question, do you need a feature of updating between CTA and AE so that you can replace an character and keep motion in CTA then exporting to AE to do post render?
By Hayzie - 4 Years Ago
If I understand right... yes that would be great.
Do you mean....if I have a male character dancing and I export the project to AE and do post....then decide to change that character to a female. So I go back to CA, change the character and re-export the project to AE and use the Update feature on the plugin?
FYI, last I tried I could actually update the AE project using the Update feature after re-exporting changes from CA.
Hayzie (5/20/2020)
If I understand right... yes that would be great.
Do you mean....if I have a male character dancing and I export the project to AE and do post....then decide to change that character to a female. So I go back to CA, change the character and re-export the project to AE and use the Update feature on the plugin?
FYI, last I tried I could actually update the AE project using the Update feature after re-exporting changes from CA.

Yes, you are right.
Because we will continue release new beta version of updating features for beta testing, I would like to hear you thought.